Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Correct Way To 'Erase' Pen?

Options
  • 09-06-2010 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

1. I just scribbled over it and put it in brackets, is that ok?

2. Is it ok to use this > (except pointing upwards:p) When you want to put additional words into a sentence? I know it looks untidy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Cat82

Don't scribble it out, just put a line through it and brackets around it.

Yeah I think the second is fine for inserting words just make sure the main sentence and the inserted words are all legible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭shoelaceface

put brackets around your mistake and put a single line through it, so that it can still be read. We were always told that they may give marks if what you scribbled out was right or on the right track, so best to just leave it like that, it looks neater too.

regarding the extra information, if i was over 2-3 words I would put an *(see below) and then add in extra notes at the bottom, that would keep it neat and be easier for them to read which im sure they will appreciate!!!

put yourself in their shoes, you would be frustrated trying to mark something that you can't read, so you wouldnt be as generous with marks

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

I doubt Ill lose marks, my worries are not too bad, I had a friend who on his way out nearly had a fit because he thought that he wrote the wrong exam number:pac:

I think hes just paranoid:p

Advertisement