Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Vision & Viewpoint and Cultural Context

Options
  • 09-06-2010 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Just need some clarification here, what exactly is the difference between the two of these? Like what does each one cover?...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭YungJoshy

rogers4815 wrote: »
    Just need some clarification here, what exactly is the difference between the two of these? Like what does each one cover?...

thank you!! i asked the same in another thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭dyeti

A bit late for asking this, no!?

Cultural context - The culture and lifestyle of the characters and their world. IE Wuthering Heights - Georgian England, sexist, aristocratic characters, etc
    GVP - What is the vision and outlook of the story and it's characters? Is it sad? Does the author portray a depressed world? What message is being conveyed?

This is a very very very VERY basic outline of what the two are... Has 2 years taught ye nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭rogers4815

dyeti wrote: »
    A bit late for asking this, no!?

Cultural context - The culture and lifestyle of the characters and their world. IE Wuthering Heights - Georgian England, sexist, aristocratic characters, etc
    GVP - What is the vision and outlook of the story and it's characters? Is it sad? Does the author portray a depressed world? What message is being conveyed?

This is a very very very VERY basic outline of what the two are... Has 2 years taught ye nothing!

Excellent! Thank you! :)

See, I can answer a question on them no problem, like I completely bull**** my way through the whole thing but I always scored well in them anyway! Just wanted to be sure! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

rogers4815 wrote: »

im facing the same problem being confused with both of them.
    the points i have for cultural context is the same that i have for general vision.

Advertisement