Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

James Cordon v Patrick Stewart

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

It's hard to be less funny than James Corden, but Stewart succeeded.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

If it's staged, it was awful.

If it was real, it was awful.

James Cordon is a knob of the highest order.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

It wasn't staged and f*ck knows what Patrick Stewart was thinking tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

1149271-picard_facepalm_super.jpg

Come on, we knew this picture was coming :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

To me. Unheard of until a few months ago and now I find him on every second show on telly. He is an unfunny twát. And that clip, I doubt was staged by the way just proves what a tool he is. Patrick Stewart shouldn't be entertaining this muppet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

Jesus that was terrible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

One of both of them were drunk/stoned/in the middle of a stroke.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

For a so-called comedian, Corden doesn't seem to have a sense of humour in that clip. Stewart was probably a bit drunk but he's also a notorious joker. Even if what he said was below the belt (literally), a decent host would have laughed it off and made a better joke (that was actually funny) in response. Instead Corden starts getting aggressive toward an old man. It's embarrassing for Stewart, but Corden comes across as thug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

For a so-called comedian, Corden doesn't seem to have a sense of humour in that clip. Stewart was probably a bit drunk but he's also a notorious joker. Even if what he said was below the belt (literally), a decent host would have laughed it off and made a better joke (that was actually funny) in response. Instead Corden starts getting aggressive toward an old man. It's embarrassing for Stewart, but Corden comes across as thug.

I don't know about you, but my belly is above my belt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

That was horrible to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Don't think that was staged, Corden seemed to take it a bit too seriously. I'm sure next wee's Heat magazine will give us an inside scoop as to what really went on.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Mini Driver

That WAS crap and James Corden is a strange one for me I think Gavin and Stacy is useless but I have seen him on a couple of talk shows/game shows and he is hilarious himself... I can't decide whether he is good or not :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

That WAS crap and James Corden is a strange one for me I think Gavin and Stacy is useless but I have seen him on a couple of talk shows/game shows and he is hilarious himself... I can't decide whether he is good or not :mad:

I'm the opposite. Gavin & Stacey is genius. James Cordon is just crap. If it's not scripted, he's just so unfunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Mini Driver

different strokes I suppose ha ha. At least we all agree that this clip was pooh poooooh :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I'm the opposite. Gavin & Stacey is genius. James Cordon is just crap.

But he wrote the programme, so does that make him crap genius or genius crap?

But he wrote the programme, so does that make him crap genius or genius crap?

I think he is personally a good comedian, gavin and stacey is hilarious and so is a league of their own.

I bet it's alot of the oldies who like star trek that don't like cordon :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

cringefest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Stewart says "belly" funnily.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

It was staged.

• Advertisement

IvySlayer wrote: »
    It was staged.

I don't think so, look at the body language of them when zaldana is at the podium, looks like stewart was trying to explain himself, and cordon was saying he didn't wanna hear it...

And christ if it was staged, I think they would have given stewart a better comeback than "you better hide your belly" or whatever it was...

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    I don't think so, look at the body language of them when zaldana is at the podium, looks like stewart was trying to explain himself, and cordon was saying he didn't wanna hear it...

And christ if it was staged, I think they would have given stewart a better comeback than "you better hide your belly" or whatever it was...

Look at them both from 1:35 look at Picard at 1:50.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

dont tink it was staged - james corden seems to be geninuly taken back by what patrick was saying

Yeah I don't think it was staged, I reckon he said some shít like "oh they all like my belly too *gestures to audience*, then stewart tries to say it was a joke and cordon brushes him off...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I think stewart had a few drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Yeah, i always think bs like this is staged but if that was the case the pisstakes and snide remarks would have been of a much higher quality. Theres nothing funny in it. Maybe its a double bluff and they're purposely making it unfunny so as to make it believable.

Either way, its shít!

AlcoholicA wrote: »
    I think stewart had a few drinks.

Aye, Romulan Ale is nasty stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

Wish I had Patrick Stewert's voice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

At the end of the day Patrick Stewart is still a legend and the other guy is still a fat twat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I really don't know what people have to do to get any kind of recognition on this fcuking website. Corden has wrote a quality show in gavin and stacey, he's funny as fcuk on A league of their own...He dealt with Patrick Wilson being an absolute idiot, pretty well up there...and still, people hate him.

Honestly, everyone of you are fcuking idiots. You hate absolutely everything, and love the stupidest of things.

Advertisement