Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Economics finished

• 09-06-2010 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭

I thought it was a nice enough paper, short questions were miserable though as usual

Q5 B was nastily worded with the "merits" of the good child parent communication I thought

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

thought it was good! could have been far, far worse...

Section B Q1A.. exports?
    rambled on about the fishing industry and the heightened awareness of Omega 3 fatty acids blah blah..
    I'm wrong amn't I?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

1A was a bitch I thought, just talked about the different areas in general really

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭_Chaos

Deaddude wrote: »
    I thought it was a nice enough paper, short questions were miserable though as usual

Q5 B was nastily worded with the "merits" of the good child parent communication I thought

yeaah my thoughts exactly...was SO happy iron came up, i started laughing haha!
    yeaah for Q5 b, i just wrote down the benefits like...is that right?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seanaor

1A was a bollocks. Rambled on and on about how dairy farming is the most popular agricultural occupation.

If i dont fail, itl be purely because of the handy enough elective question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

_Chaos wrote: »
    Yeah its the benefits

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

The paper was grand in some aspects. Short questions were p***y as usual. Question 1 was good I think. The other questions were strangely worded. Did anyone else think that? Like, you didn't really know what they were looking for in the question?

Thank God it's over, that's all I can say:) Roll on English Paper 2

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭madlad88

found the long questions impossible bar a few . compulsory question in general was a joke and the long questions wer a complete pain :mad:. . . elective was gud though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 iklepikle

_Chaos wrote: »

was so happy iron came up and fish!! was one of the only things i learned before exam!! tank god it is over!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭0.M.GXX

seanaor wrote: »
    1A was a bollocks. Rambled on and on about how dairy farming is the most popular agricultural occupation.

i did the exact same thing with dairy farming.. ahh the ag science came in handy... thank god..!!!(-:

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Keogg

Actually really surprised at the short questions, answered them all bar the physical conditioning agents. Met my home ec teacher afterward, she said even she wouldn't have known what the hell a humectant was:pac:

Question 5 was nice though, and elective was simple, as if they'd taken the questions from the book we used:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭James_LWAU

Dropped down from Higher Level. Taught the ORD paper was really handy hopefully picked up a high B :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nofxlol

fish was oooooonreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 starryeyes122

Thought the short qs were a disaster as always!! deff pulled me down a few marks! 1A was a b***ch aswell! i just rambled on about the contribution of all them foods to the diet! some of the qs were worded wicket strange..any do 4a? inputs throughputs & outputs wrong to put ther? put down family size, income & Socio economic status aswel tho?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭bubblz

ran outta time.. :( but managed ta scribble dwn 1b of the elective ...got everyting done.. :)

the q1 was ****ty enough? didnt really no what to say.. i said that dairy was big cuz of the diff products,big industry in ire.. how ire has good rep cuz of all the tests carried ou on milk
    for the fish i said how its low enough cuz other eu countries would have more fish eg italy spain also the quota on cod means theres less fish to export?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I hated every second of home ec. Could not believe that protein wasn't on Q1. I really thought it would be. I was prepared for iron too, but I thought that Q1 in general was horrible. I didn't really understand what they were asking on the chart question.

The elective was OK, what was expected came up. The other questions though about fish and the family were terrible. And like you said, the short questions were woeful.

I had a horrible time of it. Couldn't wait to get out.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

Its over now guys, we'd be better off saying good riddance and lets get the other ones over with and finally finish this thing!

The only thing is if it is considered a difficult paper and people aren't doing well, the marking scheme will change accordingly! Nothing to worry about :D

Advertisement