Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a new couch and bed?

Options
  • 09-06-2010 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi,

I am moving house soon and need to buy a new couch and bed for the new house I am renting.

I am looking to buy something that is of good quality and will last for a few years.

Any suggestions as to where I could get the best deal for good quality products around Limerick city or county?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

IKEA may be worth the trip. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

You could try Cost Plus Sofas for your couch/sofa. I don't know if they do beds though.

Argos possibly. I bought my furniture for my house in Homebase(great deal) and Argos own them so it gets delivered on the Argos truck.

I bought some furniture in Ikea actually and It is sturdy if not sturdier and considerably cheaper than other more pricey stuff around the place. You will buy much more than a coach and bed if you go to Ikea though. :D

Just so you know. A lot of Dromkeen furniture is actually Argos furniture. They have been at it for a while. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

For bed, old o'maras on ennis road, accross the way from woodies, they take away old ones too, always have ad's in local paper. Think its called fortunes but not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Call into Gerry Haugh down on O'Curry Street. Old school type furniture store rather than the UK chain store types. I bought a bed and some other bits & pieces from him about 3 years ago. Haggled a good price with him and the furniture is perfect 3 years on.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

For bed, old o'maras on ennis road, accross the way from woodies, they take away old ones too, always have ad's in local paper. Think its called fortunes but not sure.

PC Flooring and Bedding. Ask for Paul. Recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Shannon Furniture at the top of William st. Everything we have at home is from there bar a few antique bits. The lads in there are sound out, they'd never put ya wrong and they're always willing to bargain on a price!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

PC Flooring and Bedding. Ask for Paul. Recommended.

+1 Good prices and Salesman I dealt with seemed a decent sort.
    SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Shannon Furniture at the top of William st. Everything we have at home is from there bar a few antique bits. The lads in there are sound out, they'd never put ya wrong and they're always willing to bargain on a price!

+1 Shannon Furniture is the exact opposite of Caseys and Instore - No €900 midget tableaux nouveaux there!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

Just a tip for larger purchases such as these: due to the economic climate it is recommended that you pay any deposits or make full payments with credit card just in case the company goes into liquidation - if it does you'll get your money back. You pay cash say 'day day' to it.

Advertisement