Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

youtube thru PS3

• 09-06-2010 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I'm sure I'm not the only person with a PS3 running wi-fi. Now everything else is working fine except youtube. I can access it, use it, I just can't 'search' anything I type in. Any anyone else with the same problem/solutions?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jumbone

Are you using youtube.com/xl or the normal youtube site? Google a song name followed by youtube and the top link will bring you to the normal youtube site. I always found the XL one to be a bit dodgy myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 wanderingsteve

I'm trying to use the normal youtube, I find the youtubeXL a pain in the ass. I can google the songs etc no problem but it's a bit time consuming. I can type whatever in the search box but when I try to click the search box, the cursor doesn't change to a finger, it stays an arrow and won't let me click it. Major frustrations!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,336 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

@ wanderingsteve
    Why do you feel this is about Open Source? Are you running linux on your ps3 perhaps?

Otherwise, I am sure there must be other forums where you will get better input...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭anto86

the search button is broken or something my friend was sayin that to me last week when in his house tryin search on normal youtube its not just you its prob everyone i dnt use my ps3 for internet browsing but had a look an me too have the same problem it dont work :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Keith Sherwood

the browser is just complete dung, simple as....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Noticed a few weeks back actually, what I did was go to youtube as normal and go to the "upload" tab and click that, you can still input what ever video you want to search for in this section and the "search" button is highlighted and able to be used and clicked.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,767 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Whatever about finding the video you want, the real problems come in trying to play them! I tried to get some of the 4oD on youtube stuff working. The times it did work - which weren't very often - it just tended to crash at the 'ad break' saying the system had run out of memory. PS3 definitely isn't the ideal place for youtube, and XL is just a disaster when searching for something specific.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 eclipse05

I agree. If you want to watch YouTube better go to your PC then loosing your nerves on PS3.

Video quality is not good as you'll play it on your PC. Loadings are horrible long and when playing full screen it's lagging :mad:
    Where are these 8 cores 3.2GHz each!? I am asking! :mad: :confused:

Internet browser for PS3 is just a trick to sell more consoles :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 GaryOLeary

Love the way it locks up on tvshack aswell !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

GaryOLeary wrote: »
    Love the way it locks up on tvshack aswell !

Wasn't tvshack shut down by the US government?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I'm trying to use the normal youtube, I find the youtubeXL a pain in the ass. I can google the songs etc no problem but it's a bit time consuming. I can type whatever in the search box but when I try to click the search box, the cursor doesn't change to a finger, it stays an arrow and won't let me click it. Major frustrations!

Yeah recently the normal youtube you cant search at all (pain in the ass) but xl works grand and seems to be the only way to be honest... If your after music try VidZone (great video service) and it costs nothing :P

Advertisement