Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yeats - widely read and renowned

Options
  • 09-06-2010 5:20pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭

If Yeats comes up tomorrow, I expect the question to be something like "Yeats is one of the most widely read poets of the 20th century. Examine the features of his poetry that have led to him being widely read and renowned"

What topics would you discuss for that? I don't think it would suffice to just his themes and his use of language.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭JoeyBuddy

All I have prepared is a personal response, really.
    I suppose you could talk about him using the themes of old age, patriotism, love of nature and stuff.
    Innisfree has some nice imagery too, if I can remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

I have some really good stuff prepared on his mastery of the poetic arts so here's hoping he's on the paper tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Doodle53

Do you think there could be a question on poetic techniques?If so I'm screwed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Come on Yeats!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭irish_man

seanbmc wrote: »
    Come on Yeats!!!

+1

• Advertisement
Advertisement