Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serious Help needed with my Sony Ericsson c510

Options
  • 09-06-2010 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

My puppy recently decided to eat my phone! All the buttons were destroyed and the cover was cracked so I ordered a new cover online. The phone ws still functioning like it turned on and off and charged and could still make receive calls/texts.

The phone has been lying dead for about two weeks since I havent been using it and today my cover arrived and I put it on and tried to start the phone. NOTHING!

I was very careful when changing the cover, nothing was disconnected at all!

I thought maybe its the battery, maybe its so dead it'll need a bittof a charge. 3 hours plugged in and it doesn't even say its charging!

I've re opened the phone to make sure everything is connected as it should be and i'm certain it is!

HELP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The dog might have done more than you thought. You could chance your arm and send it to a repair centre, but they will most likely ask you to fork out to fix it. They will check it, and see what's wrong and give you a quote before they fix it. If you very very lucky it could be done free of charge under warranty! (warranty should be voided by the dog and you changing the cover)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Bill_Le_Viking

warrenty is definately void, i unlocked it and that automatically voids the warrenty.

As for the dog doing damage, the phone was fully functional for about 48 hours after the incident and was turned off about 3 times, battery died then was fully charged back up, etc etc so if any real damage was done the phone would have stopped working before.

Could it be that the battery is SOOOO dead it might need to go on charge for about 24hrs?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

There could be moisture damage from the dog's spital, the moisture damage can take time to cause problems.

Hmmm... I'll bring it into vodafone when I get the chance to and ask them to test a different battery in it. Step by step process of elimination.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Your may be better off getting a new one and keep the others parts as spares.

• Advertisement

new phone = money i dont have right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

This has happened twice in the last few months with my sons c510. The first time I sent it back and they repaired it - the second time I fixed it myself by connecting the USB cable and updating the software via the PC suite. Apparently it's a common enough problem. Hope it works got you

The phone wouldn't connect to the pc so i couldn't try the above remedy.

I needed a friends fully charged battery!

Once the battery was in the phone jumped to life, vibrating and illuminating the buttons like it should BUT the screen stayed black.

There was power to the screen, as it changed from 2 or 3 different shades of black, but nothing showed up on the screen and the battery would not charge. I then connected the phone to the pc and updated it.
    The phone now charges :) BUT the screen was still dead :S

I took off the case and held the battery right up to the pins and when I did this, everything turned on fine. Interesting, I thought.

I compared the two cases and found that on the original Sony Ericsson case, on the metallic part on the inside, there is a tiny black sticker on the back which grounds the connector to the screen.

On my chinese case, this was the only thing missing!

I cut a little piece of electrical tape to mimic the sticker and put it in place, put my phone together with the chinese case and turned it on and it sprung to life! The screen stayed black for 10-20 seconds and then all of a sudden, a big aul Sony Ericsson Logo!!

Happy Days my phone is working again :)

Advertisement