Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ultimate warriors 3 2nd july

• 09-06-2010 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi guys im looking for two 70k d class fighters if any 1 would like a run out contact me karl 07734388839

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭mmmm...not sure

Hey mate can you confirm the fightcard there has been a few discussions on here about it but everyone is saying different

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ULTIMATE WARRIORS

hi there il confirm the full card next week as due to a couple of pull outs i had to change things around a litle theres 2 pro fights 8 semi pro and 5 d class at the min

Hey mate any chance of getting the fightcard up? Coming to the show but would like to know who im gona watch mate

thanks mate

ULTIMATE WARRIORS 3 FIGHT CARD

1 MARK KELLY (DOG POUND) V JAMES HIGGINS (PCCB) 61K TITLE
    2 CIARAN BOYLE (LISNAFIN MMA) V NOEL DUGGAN (PCCB)
    3 BILLY HUNTER (CHUM SUT) V NIAL HOUSTON (PCCB)
    4 MAL MC FALL (CHUM SUT) V DAVE TIERNAN (DOG POUND)
    5 JAMES GALLAGHER (STRABANE) V CHRIS SHANNON (PCCB)
    6 GERRY SMITH (DOG POUND) V KEVIN MC FALL (CHUM SUT)
    7 DENNIS PERRY (LISNAFIN MMA) V KARL MOORE (PCCB)
    8 NATHAN WELLS (CHUM SUT) V JARLAITH MC GUIGAN (EVOLVE)
    9 EAMON KEARNEY (ELITE MMA) V CONOR MC GUIRKEN (IMMA)
    10 DECKY GRIBBEN (ELITE MMA) V COREY NICHOL (IMMA)
    11 RAY THOMPSON (ELITE MMA) V MARTY GRANT (EVOLVE)
    12 JOE MC MAHON (PCCB) V AARON FEENEY (FRAMES THAI JITSU)
    13 PADDY (ELITE MMA) V GAVIN BLACK (PCCB)
    MORE TO FOLLOW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Mrs Lynch

Best of luck with the show Karl:cool: Some crackin wee fighters in there (I assume these are all C Class???)

Urs
    x

• Advertisement

thanks 4 ur support. yea my 2 pro fights had to pull because of injuries

Thanks for the clarification;) I still think you will hav a crackin nite (Ive a work do that nite and Im so rage:mad:) I hav already started hints about pullin a sicky to get out for the Dutch v Brazil wud hav been an excellent day to get MMA in ther too lol:P

Again, good luck to all those competing and Karl for a smooth running nite (and a large drink after lol)

Urs
    x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭SBG Ireland

look forward to going to my first ultimate warriors :)

i hope your supporting holland cause im half dutch

will b good to have you john c u then

• Advertisement

i hope your supporting holland cause im half dutch

Course I am......... I backed them at the start of the world cup cus I lov their style;)

God that tummy bug started workin on me today will be certain its gonna really get bad around 12 tomorrow.....:p

Urs
    x

p.s. Glad to see John at this show too he surely gettin a lot of "Northern" MMA in recently (he's up to see the best lol)

keep an eye on the competition ;)

keep an eye on the competition ;)

You've just finally realised (after years of me tellin you) its wer all the "real" MMA action is at lol:P

Urs
    x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

Really looking forward yo this one!!!! Card looks like some great match ups.

All the best with it Karl.

thanks alot c u ther

Mrs Lynch wrote: »
    You've just finally realised (after years of me tellin you) its wer all the "real" MMA action is at lol:P

Urs
    x

...and yet the best card in years is on down south in a few weeks :P

Hey does anyone know what time this event starts? Is it in a ring or cage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Anakin.S

Its cage and the first fight is due at 7pm.

Really wish I was going now, it looks like it will be good night for Irish MMA

its in the ring guys the cage was to big 4 the venue so the ring suits better hope thats ok

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IFS.NI

Good luck mate!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

its in the ring guys the cage was to big 4 the venue so the ring suits better hope thats ok
    ha ha watch out for those oversized fighting arenas :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Anakin.S

Typical of me commenting on things when I don't have all the correct information. :o

How'd the night go? any reports yet?

Last night was a really good night with some brillant matchups although in one of the fights dennis perry v karl Moore, Moore was three stone heavier than perry which I think is luducrious that the fight went ahead.

Apart from that the event was well organised and the crowd was brillant and created a brillant atmosphere, glad I was able to make the show well worth the trip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Moloko17

Last nights show was well orgainised and everything ran really well but karl always runs a good show but the only thing that put a downer on my night was when i was getting my hands wrapped to start my warm up, i got the news that my fighter was a no show, would been nice to no instead of finding out about half hour before i was due to go on.

But i would like to state that this was no fault on karls behave as he found out at the same time i did.

to use the lingo 'it was a great wee show' :D
    c class fights were great, not a fan of d class fights personally on a show but thats just me
    thanks for the hospitality and hope to see you july 24th in dublin or at your next show
    jk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Well done Karl, glad all went smooth for you..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

thanks for your support guys and for your attendance if you were at the show

Hey mate enjoyed da show as I said just wana know how the perry and Moore fight was allowed to go ahead with so much difference in weight?

What weight was the fight meant to be at?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Pccb

I will sort that out for u mate. It was a heavyweight fight so that means 93+. there is no such thing as a 100kg weight division. And he was only 8kg heavier not 3 stone like u said. They were both first timers in the same weight division with both no previous martial arts backgrounds. If he wanted to fight light heavy then train harder and shift the weight otherwise deal with the fact your opponent could be heavier than u. Niall houstan gave away 14kg on his debut in rush and that's just part of the heavyweight division. He won but if he would have got beat I would have made no complaints. Weight divisions are made up to put people in categories, so if u go round making your own weight divisions up then the sport would fall apart and fighters and coaches would become lazy because they have no respect for the weight divisions. Our guys are prob the most active clubs around and have fighters on every show. We have never failed to make the weight in any category so we have no probs with the proper structure all clubs should abide by.

• Advertisement

I'm not trying to start anything here mate but there was clearly more than 8kg between them. I know there was alot of debating after about what the agreed weight catergory was and that lisnafin mma and yourselves were clearly upset with each other and the tension was evident in the Noel duggan and ciaran Boyle fight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

I'm not trying to start anything here mate but there was clearly more than 8kg between them. I know there was alot of debating after about what the agreed weight catergory was and that lisnafin mma and yourselves were clearly upset with each other and the tension was evident in the Noel duggan and ciaran Boyle fight.
    There is no "agreed weight category". If you're 92kgs or over you are a heavyweight. If you stand on the scales at 93kgs then you must understand that your opponent is probably heavier than you.

Would this even be a debate if we were talking about a middleweight weighing 83.9kgs and another weighing 78kgs?

For my money there are way too many catchweight fights. The divisions are forgiving enough and the talent pool isn't deep enough to support split divisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Heavyweight is heavyweight, it's like when Brock fought Randy-anout 50 pounds seperated them but it was irrelevant-Randy chose to fight at heavyweight and there was nothing dodgy going on..

I would be a bit pissed if i was told that the lad was 100kg when cleary he arrived at 120kg or so as i would feel i was mislead-but thats a different story altogether and more about trust.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 MMA FAN

cowzerp wrote: »
    Heavyweight is heavyweight, it's like when Brock fought Randy-anout 50 pounds seperated them but it was irrelevant-Randy chose to fight at heavyweight and there was nothing dodgy going on..

I would be a bit pissed if i was told that the lad was 100kg when cleary he arrived at 120kg or so as i would feel i was mislead-but thats a different story altogether and more about trust.

I'm new to writing on here and normally wouldn't write about fights but I know alot about this fight as I know denis perry personally and what to set something straight, denis was told that to come in to this fight at 16 stone and karl Moore would be the same weight, for 2 months up to the fight denis lost a stone and half to make the agreed weight. After the fight the promoter from elite apoligsed to denis and his cornermen stated the fight was a mismatch as it was agreed at 16 stone and it was shown that karl Moore was 18kg heavier then denis. Denis would have had no problem at fighting heavyweight his problem is bein told that the fight would be fought at 100-101 kg and instead karl was 118Kg which he admitted after the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ggv

any results for the rest off the fights thanks

My fightcard results as follows:

Paddy Rooney V Gavin Black - Judges Dec
    Aaron Feeney V Joe McMahon - Triangle
    Decky Gribbon V Corey Nichol - Gullio
    Ray Morgan V Marty Grant - Judges Dec
    Eamon Kearney V Conor McGurkan
    Nathan Wells V Jarlaith McGuigan - TKO
    Dennis Perry V Karl Moore
    Kevin McFall V Gerry Smith - Armbar
    James Gallagher V Chris Shannon - Dec
    Ciaran Boyle V Noel Dougan - Armbar
    Mark Kelly V James Higgins

Some excellent fights and great young talent for a brillant nite of MMA. Fight of the night for me was close between Kelly v Higgins but I have to give it to James Gallagher and Chris Shannon for an epic war - its was fantastic and I really enjoyed the skill of both these young men who just seemed relentless - absolutely well done you both have great futures in MMA;)

I would like to comment on the show in general - I woz at the last one albeit at the back because I was unwell but did see show and some of it I did have concerns about. This time around Karl ensured an excellent smooth run show which was fab:D

A ring was used instead of cage which isnt always suitable but fitted this event because of the room, the cage would have been too much. No overcrowding. Security was tight altho a few drunken fans they were kept under control. Excellent reffing from Mr Lavery on the nite and good judges decisions. MC done well, music and lightin dead-on, and fighters seemed pleased with their treatment throughout.

Congratulations on a great show Karl:cool:

Urs
    x

• Advertisement
Advertisement