Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any last minute tips for OL maths paper 1?

Options
  • 09-06-2010 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭

I am sh1tting this exam, I really feel like i know NOTHING, so does anyone have any tips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭tigerblob

If in doubt, draw it out. If a question is talking about a circle, for example, and there is no picture on the paper, draw out the circle filling in all the information giving. Same with a line etc. I find it really helpful to be able to see the information in front of me. You don't think it will help, but it really does!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

Do easy q/hard q/ easy q rather than jumping on all the easy ones then tackling the hard ones.
    (start with Q7 though, it's by far the easiest!) Run through last years paper and see what you can do, familiarize yourself with what formula goes where.
    As said draw it out always helps! Also don't scribble anything out - they have to correct everything and never leave a question blank! You can still get attempt marks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Start with your best questions and continue on, it will build your confidence. If you get stuck on a particular question leave it and leave ''white space'', don't spend much time thinking and pondering over it. Come back to it at end if you have time or even just make an attempt!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

For Paper 1 my plan is

Q4,Q1,Q7,Q5,Q8,Q2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭AxlRose1992

Do Question 1, 2003. Percentage Error hasn't come up since then. Really easy, but do it in case they decide to bribg it back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement