Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weird call from 0061111111112

• 09-06-2010 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭

Hey there,

I got a really weird call from an unusual number today. It was 0061111111112. The person on the other end didn't say anything and then he/she hung up. I read somewhere online that lots of people had received calls from this number and that it may be someone trying to gain remote access to the computer. The thing I'm frightened about is that I was online when the call can through.

Does anyone have any advise on what I should do?

<To mods, if I have this in the wrong forum just tell me>

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

aww i saw that in my missed call list :( i would have liked to have some fun with them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

How did they get my number?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭TOEJOE

Just got five calls from this number is this a real scam?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

TOEJOE wrote: »
    Just got five calls from this number is this a real scam?

Yes!!! Don't follow the instructions they give you over the phone. They try to convince you that they're viruses or mail-ware on your computer then they ask you to let them have remote access to your computer so they can 'fix' the problem. They then go through your hard drive looking for financial information and personal details. If you do answer a call from this number, do not hesitate to tell them to F*** off and not every again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 MongoNet

Hey there,

I got a really weird call from an unusual number today. It was 0061111111112.

Just got 2 calls from this number, the first one I missed a few hours ago, the 2nd I answered a few minutes ago. Looking for my father regarding his use of a windows computer. Got very aggressive when I told him I would not discuss anything to do with a computer with him and he was not to call here again. Then told me it was important to take his call in order to keep our computer free from viruses, malware and identity theft to which I replied one of the safest ways to avoid that is to not allow strangers on the phone access to my pc. Thanks to the threads on boards.ie, I knew it was a scam straight away and while I wouldnt have given him access to the computer I may have given him a time when he could reach my father who may have allowed him access had I not read these. So thanks everyone.

Advertisement