Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mac Mini Worth €500

• 09-06-2010 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    2GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM -2x1GB
    160GB Serial ATA Drive
    NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
    256MB of DDR3 SDRAM
    Integrated Broadcom 802.11a/b/g/n
    Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
    SuperDrive with double-layer support

They are the specs of the Mac Mini im looking at.
    Im looking for a Mac to get into programing for the iPhone and video editing nothing professional so im trying to stay as cheap as i can. Was wondering if anyone out there knew if this spec model brand new from apple was worth €493? Any input would be appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,333 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

is the mac mini not 549€?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Eccentric Toast

Student Discount

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Talisman

If you're not in a rush to get the computer then I'd suggest you keep an eye on the refurbished store.

Refurbished Mac Store

You'll be able to pick one up there for less than with the student discount. You'll have to be quick though - the mini models sell like hot cakes. The models in the refurbished store carry the same guarantee as those sold in the regular store.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The current Mini model is almost 8 months old. There are rumours about a Mini update on the horizon which will include a HDMI port. Apple's Mini updates can be a bit unpredictable, but I would expect a refresh by September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

HDMI? Why would Apple use that when they're championing mini-DisplayPort? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Don't buy yet, new one expected soon. http://guides.macrumors.com/Mac_mini_Buyer's_Guide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

I hope it gets hdmi - i hope they use hdmi on all their machines.

Advertisement