Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bentleys

Options
  • 09-06-2010 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

I used to LOVE Browns townhouse but had no idea they closed until I recieved a gift voucher for Bentleys as an engagement gift a year ago!

Finally we used it last week and really really enjoyed it, the menu is quite American, fried egg over steak and lots of seafood, I had risotto and some great Champagne, overall really loved the place and the staff were quite attentive.

I heard Richard Corrigan is pulling out of this place, found an article in yesterdays paper at work...:rolleyes:

Found this online, it's old but the reports seem to be confirmed and looks like he's gone?

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/im-not-going-anywhere-at-all-insists-top-chef-2133626.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I've not been, but only today someone told me that they were really disappointed with their meal in Bentley's - said it was overpriced and badly cooked.

I've eaten in Corrigan's, Mayfair and it was one of the finest meals I've ever had!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭sensitive_soul

I've not been, but only today someone told me that they were really disappointed with their meal in Bentley's - said it was overpriced and badly cooked.

I've eaten in Corrigan's, Mayfair and it was one of the finest meals I've ever had!

We did expect more seafood though, but there was a good bit, we got the lunch special menu, 3 courses for about 30 euro, spent the rest on the Champagne. :) my risotto was a little too al dente but so delicious and the meat was a tad grissily buy i still loved it with the egg and crushed potatoes. Do try it though! Its a nice place but I agree with the overpricing, I would expect more for the reputation it has.

My best friend is a Chef and she was horrified, went to Bentleys in London and said the lemongrass soup was watery cream and her meat was also grissly.... she complained and Corrigan himself came out, she said he was a "pig" lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

We did expect more seafood though, but there was a good bit, we got the lunch special menu, 3 courses for about 30 euro, spent the rest on the Champagne. :) my risotto was a little too al dente but so delicious and the meat was a tad grissily buy i still loved it with the egg and crushed potatoes. Do try it though! Its a nice place but I agree with the overpricing, I would expect more for the reputation it has.

My best friend is a Chef and she was horrified, went to Bentleys in London and said the lemongrass soup was watery cream and her meat was also grissly.... she complained and Corrigan himself came out, she said he was a "pig" lol :)

He can be a bit much alright.
    He likes to evoke a reaction from people but he will take as good as he gets!
    Not so bad underneath it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Was there when it first opened. Starter fab, but I ordered the dover soul for mains ( think it was the most expensive item on menu) but it was tough and rubbery. When the waiter asked is eveything ok I told them. Took it away, but informed me that because it was so fresh if chef cooked another one it would be the same (rigor mortis maybe !!!!!) so choose the trout instead -fab and got complementry dessert. overall notbad it was pricey. And worst vodka martini ever .;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭sensitive_soul

I wish I could say I tried the fish, cant eat it, smells lovely, stomach thinks otherwise :) I'm really dying to go back try something else....if it's not gone that is :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement