Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Evil Computer Games thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

I used to play online FPS's on the PC, so never bothered with any of the console ones online - and you have to admit, the singleplayer in all 3 has some serious failings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Tragedy wrote: »
    I used to play online FPS's on the PC, so never bothered with any of the console ones online - and you have to admit, the singleplayer in all 3 has some serious failings.

CE had the best single player imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Started playing Morrowind again, expecting fun times.
    I just rage-quitted because 2 quests in a row was I expected to walk across half the map (nope, no transport stuff anywhere near where I was going).

The worst part is they were right beside each other, so it's the exact same boring travelling again.

Now I remember why I loved Mages so much and always spammed my alchemy skill to 100 first chance I got.
    Super overpowered levitation/speed/water-walking potions FTW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

Metroid Other M is out tomorrow! Or today, technically. It really snuck up on me, I thought it was out around Christmas. Sweet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Pygmalion wrote: »
    I just rage-quitted because 2 quests in a row was I expected to walk across half the map (nope, no transport stuff anywhere near where I was going).

The worst part is they were right beside each other, so it's the exact same boring travelling again.

Now I remember why I loved Mages so much and always spammed my alchemy skill to 100 first chance I got.

Oh how I love Morrowind, I really should start playing again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

I have the strange urge to buy a SNES. I'm gonna look up how much a good one is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

It's still funny that after all this time, people think it's going to happen. I'll wait until I'm playing the finished game, and even then I probably won't believe it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Pygmalion wrote: »

I think I gave up on that game after about 40 minutes. I fought probably 1 enemy and spent the rest of the time walking around/talking to characters.
    syncosised wrote: »
    Metroid Other M is out tomorrow! Or today, technically. It really snuck up on me, I thought it was out around Christmas. Sweet!

Had a look at a review of it. Looks great although it mentioned there's a big focus on storytelling which is pretty crap. Nintendo always seem to save their best visuals and music for the Metroid games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Speaking of Metroid, I decided to play some Prime 3 today. Great bit of craic that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

Sadly, after all these years, I don't think it'll be that good. It's going to be a massive let-down that doesn't live up to our expectations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Davidius wrote: »
    Speaking of Metroid, I decided to play some Prime 3 today. Great bit of craic that.
    What a game, I loved the overload mode, on the one hand your dying on the other you're made of win while it's active

Got Beatles RB boxset-thingy for €80. I think that's fairly good.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

Fallout New Vegas..i smile when i think of the 2 weeks of college i will miss playing this!!!

Oh man I can't wait for Vegas, especially as some of the people that worked on Fallout 2 are working on it.

Hope there's some pop culture references like in Fallout and Fallout 2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

Oh man I can't wait for Vegas, especially as some of the people that worked on Fallout 2 are working on it.

Hope there's some pop culture references like in Fallout and Fallout 2 :)

Hell yesh!
    Hopefully the soundtrack will be equally as epic as Fallout 3

Dave1711 wrote: »
    Hell yesh!
    Hopefully the soundtrack will be equally as epic as Fallout 3

Hopefully it's more like Fallout 1 and 2 than Fallout 3's soundtrack.

Sadly though they didn't get Mark Morgan in again to do the soundtrack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

Playing through Resident Evil 2 (just finished the remake of the first one) or rather, Banjo is playing it and I'm watching and hiding under the covers when scary things happen :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

Finally got around to buying Left 4 Dead 2..can't think of a better way to spend 20 quid :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Decided to have a blast on Metroid Prime Hunters Wi-fi for the craic. I don't remember playing this game to be this claw hand inducing. Also I spent the entire match not being able to find the other guy.

• Advertisement

http://inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com/2010/09/majora.html

The tale of a haunted Majora's Mask cartridge. Do not read if you are prey to Water Temple-like bouts of paranoia and uncontrollable depression.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Just bought theme hospital. Happy times, unless my pc says gooway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

theowen wrote: »
    Just bought theme hospital. Happy times, unless my pc says gooway.

I love that game, some of the diseases are hilarious.

3rd Degree Sideburns :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

I love that game, some of the diseases are hilarious.

3rd Degree Sideburns :pac:
    It won't work :eek: How the...really need a new laptop!:pac: Ohh ye, the inflatable head disease! :D

theowen wrote: »
    It won't work :eek: How the...really need a new laptop!:pac: Ohh ye, the inflatable head disease! :D

I had that problem as well using vista, must try it on windows 7. It would play for a few levels and then just crash randomly. Google around for patches.

Is anyone on xbox live, I think we should put down our gamertags or playstations thingy, play a few games of something..

GT: duffy ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Is anyone on xbox live, I think we should put down our gamertags or playstations thingy, play a few games of something..

GT: duffy ftw

Good idea...maybe start a thread or something about it?

Gamertag: bourkey222
    PSN: Perphect

I'm on other things but I'll just put them for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

PSN: Jackobyte94

I want a Move.:( Gamestop have the best deal but it is online only. You get the Move, Camera and Sports Champions for €54.99.

• Advertisement

My PSN: MegaFonzies.

I don't have a microphone yet though, so I wouldn't really want to play anyone here without the option of spewing abuse at them. Takes away from the experience.

On another note, Gran Turismo 5 looks AMAZING! I'm not huge on GT games, because they require so much effort, but I'd buy this for the graphics alone.

Advertisement