Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Evil Computer Games thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Im convinced Im an Assassin......
    >_>
    And Batman.....
    <_<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Just wait until you reach the halfway point through the game, believe me, you'll know when you get there.

And when you do get to that point, it might be a good idea to choose "wait" near the exit and hang around until the countdown runs out (or gets to around 0:05, at least). It'll all make sense in time! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

I play nexuiz....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Still playing sonic generations... I spent ages thinking 'this is a bit ****' then it did like, one really good level and I was happy again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

Khajiit!
    Boo yeah!
    Meow
    That's gonna be my next run through as an Assasin. Now I'ma Nord/Werewolf that's just a brute with a mace/sword.

Also. Playing yesterday, Pillaged hideouts and other places. Bought horse. Went to wrong place. They started attacking, they killed my horse, I've never been so annoyed at a tribe.....

Destroyed the whole population.

DONT FÚCKING KILL MY HORSE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

I have never managed to keep a horse for more than ten minutes yet in Skyrim.
    FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I decided to fire oblivion just to see what all the elder scrolls fuss is about.

This game runs like a piece of shít on my system. Googling tells me that it's probably related to the game not using more than one core. No real solution exists as far I can tell, only very minor mitigating steps. This sucks yo. I'm pretty sure Skyrim would run much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

So many games piled up on my desk right now....

Need to finish Deus Ex.
    Need to play Fifa 12.
    Haven't opened Saint's Row The Third.
    Haven't opened Assassin's Creed
    Haven't opened Civ 3, or Civ 4.

Should I add Skyrim to that list now, or wait a few months? Really wanna try an Elder Scrolls game...see what all the fuss is about, seeing as we'll be modding Oblivion in college next year... hmm....

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Should I add Skyrim to that list now, or wait a few months? Really wanna try an Elder Scrolls game...see what all the fuss is about, seeing as we'll be modding Oblivion in college next year... hmm....
    Oblivion was just ~fiver on Steam yesterday, think it's back to €20 now. If I were you I'd wait until the Christmas sale next month on Steam to see how prices are for Skyrim (or Oblivion). If you're impatient and plan to play Skyrim on PC it's cheaper on Green Man Gaming at the moment (€40 now) than on Steam (€50).

In other news I apparently did reserve Zelda though they took down the display and it's not on the shelves. Think that suggests a short-supply of non-reserved copies if any. Haven't played it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Saints Row:The Third <3

Although...it's fighting for play time with Assassins Creed :(

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Need to finish Deus Ex.
    Need to play Fifa 12.
    Haven't opened Saint's Row The Third.
    Haven't opened Assassin's Creed
    Haven't opened Civ 3, or Civ 4.

Saints Row III > Deus Ex > Assassin's Creed > ( Civ 2 > ) Civ 4 > Civ 3 > ( Civ 5 > ) Fifa 12.

imho. only reason why I put Civ behind Assassin's is because it sucks up your life. Seriously. Dangerous game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

I think i hate you all for playing these new games...seriously -_-

:pac:

to be honest, the new game I have is Skyrim (waiting for the Arkham City pc release), and I don't have money to spend on all the games I want :\

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Saints Row 3, I command you to install faster! For I have the urge to beat people with NSFW objects while wearing ridiculous costumes :3

Colm! wrote: »
    Assassin's Creed >= Deus Ex > Saints Row III > ( Civ 2 > ) Civ 4 > Civ 3 > ( Civ 5 > ) Fifa 12.

Just a slight change to suit me. :pac:
    Saints Row is great craic, but I've never been able to finish them without cheating 'cos the shooting mechanic was pretty sh*te imho. Great "leave your brain at the door" game though.

Have never played any of the Civ games, but I saw them on Gamestop for 2e for Civ 3:Complete and a fiver for Civ 4, so I couldn't say no. :) I can tell they're gonna be games I'll pour at least 150 hours into.

Now, just gotta get that list seen to before ME3 in March next year. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Saints Row 3 is awesome. Even the graphical glitches are awesome :D

I played Skyward Sword for a couple of hours. The controls work really, really well but I'll have to play more of it to give it any broader assessment. If there's one gripe I have it's that the start of the game is a little long but otherwise it's definitely one of the better games I've played in the last few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

Davidius wrote: »
    I played Skyward Sword for a couple of hours. The controls work really, really well but I'll have to play more of it to give it any broader assessment. If there's one gripe I have it's that the start of the game is a little long but otherwise it's definitely one of the better games I've played in the last few years.

The controls really are so much fun! Even the simple addition of running is enjoyable, especially when you use it to clamber up walls ninja-style. I'm just worried about smashing my arm off of something in my living room, as I don't usually play the Wii in such a vigorous way. :p I actually really enjoyed the opening section of the game, as the characters have the same sort of quirky charm that I loved about the townpeople in Wind Waker. Watching Groose and his minions' various shenanigans unfold was hilarious, and Link and Zelda's playful relationship with one another was really sweet. I'm 6 or 7 hours in now, and I love it! I stopped after completing this sidequest where Kukiel goes missing, and between the outcome of that and a particularly creepy boss battle earlier on, it's rapidly becoming one of my favourite Zeldas!

I went to bed at like, half 1 last night, stayed up till 4 playing final fantasy VI :D Bloody brilliant. And Uncharted 3 is going from strength to strength.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Loving Skyrim, the only bad thing is that it's making me late for early morning lectures. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Level 23 High Elf on Skyrim so far.

It's definitely better than Oblivion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Have been playing Pokemon on an emulator and an hour and a half session ended with the program crashing without a save. Argh! :/

Make your emulator auto-save your state if it doesn't already.

Make your emulator auto-save your state if it doesn't already.

I'll have a look through the settings now.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

Skyrim is my life right now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I borrowed a smashing trio of games from my friend over the weekend: Batman Arkham Asylum, Dead Space 2 and Dark Souls. So far, I've played Dark Souls a bit, and it is as I expected: extremely difficult. My friend, who is awesome at every game ever, said it was the hardest game he's ever played, so I guess I'll see how that one goes. And I played Dead Space 2 for about 4 hours today, and it is awesome! I really really like it. I've been wanting to play a good, scary game for ages.

Hopefully these will keep me going until I can afford Skyrim!

Skyrim fans... more to follow?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

Skyrim fans... more to follow?

Heard about this alright,exciting stuff!!!

Just bought some indie pack. Good bye social life.

you bought the Humble Bundle as well?

i bought the Super Meat Boy anniversary pack on steam at the weekend...so addictive >_<

• Advertisement

you bought the Humble Bundle as well?
    Yes I did. My planned early night did not happen. Fúck you Darwinia.

oh crap...goddamn you steam with your sales!! *shakes fist*

So, I got Skyrim today... I've spend the last 5 and a half hours or so playing Skyrim, non-stop. My head hurts, I'm tired but damn, what a game!

I just finished Deus Ex: Human Revolution.....

AWESOME

Nuff said. :pac:

One drawback for me were the boss battles. Didn't like how you were forced, no matter how you had chosen to play the game up to then to go in an all out gun battle. Really took me out of the experience, since I was playing as a really stealthy-kill-no-one type guy. Meant I had to always make sure I had bullets and a gun in reserve taking up space in my inventory just for those little boss battles...

Other than that, a cracking game

Now.....to start another playthrough or get in a few hours of Fifa 12 before study week..... :\

I'mma gonna buy super Mario 3D land today. Sounds pretty sweetttttt.

Anyone playing Skyrim on PS3 getting really annoying lag? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Anyone playing Skyrim on PS3 getting really annoying lag? :(

Everyone on PS3, pretty much. Once you breach 25 hours, you definitely have it. As soon as the save reaches about 6mb in size, you will get serious bucketloads of lag.

Patches inbound, though, which is good news for all platforms.

Ah nice, it was just getting unenjoyable :(

Does anyone know where I can get Zelda SKyward sword for cheapish on the high street?>

• Advertisement

Just started Saints Row 3 last night, only done the first few missions. So far, not really impressed. It's fun, probably more fun than the last one so far, but there really hasn't been much improvements since SR2... the cars still handle like crap, the aiming is only slightly better and there has been little up-ressing in the graphics.

Won't get a chance to play it now for two weeks, but I doubt I'll be craving it. Just glad I chose to play that instead of Assassin's Creed so I won't be thinking about free running in my exams. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

I love MW3 but I'm so crap, Only on level 43 all my friends are waaaay ahead! And Minecraft can get addicting if I ever play it out of boredom. And then there's Mario Kart DS, what can I say :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Damn steam sales >_>
    So many games not even installed!

Damn steam sales >_>
    So many games not even installed!

56 games and counting on Steam, though i blame the Humble Bundles for taking up most of my library

I have 116 games in my library. A load of DLC gets added to your game list if you get a GOTY edition apparently. I also got free DLC for defence grid even though I don't own it. A lot of things from cheap bundle packs too. Civ IV games get counted twice because the PC and mac versions are separate.

When it comes to Steam sales the only game I really regret is Borderlands. It's really dull. It was cheap but it basically amounts to a loss given that I'll always be playing something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

It pisses me off when people kill people in kill confirmed on mw3 and then just don't collect the Tags. Grr **** you people. Then again cod players in general just don't do objectives, and I'm a die hard cod man sooo..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I finished Batman: Arkham Asylum today, and it was freaking awesome! It was a great mix of puzzle solving, gadgetry and beating the crap out of everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Downloaded FF7 for the laptop just there.. Im afraid to start it with all my exams coming up...

Do it!!! FF all the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

It pisses me off when people kill people in kill confirmed on mw3 and then just don't collect the Tags. Grr **** you people. Then again cod players in general just don't do objectives, and I'm a die hard cod man sooo..

Mw3, there's your issue. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭DoBhrionn

Got the DLC for Battlefield 3. It's absolutely amazing, epic re-render of the old maps...and the destruction :eek: just simply satisfying to watch a whole building collapse on top of a virtual soldier :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement