Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Evil Computer Games thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

That'll take me all of 5 minutes to download :pac:

I'll download it for you and lash it on a CD if you want?

5 minutes? Ahh now :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

That'll take me all of 5 minutes to download :pac:

I'll download it for you and lash it on a CD if you want?
    Colm! wrote: »
    You might be able to do it in a DVD compressed, I'm not sure. (definitely in two though) thing is that the total amount for the TF2 GCF files (the TF2 ones and the Source Engine ones) is like 11.8gb now :\

On top of the GCFs, my \team fortress 2\ folder takes up another few GB, but I don't think that folder needs to be added

Thanks for the offer, but it's too much to ask. I was joking when I said it. I'll get it downloaded myself at some stage. I think we'll be moving from a 10gig allowance to a 20gig allowance in the next month or so, and I'll just use half the allowance on TF2. Or I'll bum it off a friend/the school when I go back next week.

Thanks anyway though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Can't wait for Eurogamer Expo :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

seanbmc wrote: »
    5 minutes? Ahh now :pac:
    100MB download speed :D
    Jackobyte wrote: »
    Thanks for the offer, but it's too much to ask. I was joking when I said it. I'll get it downloaded myself at some stage. I think we'll be moving from a 10gig allowance to a 20gig allowance in the next month or so, and I'll just use half the allowance on TF2. Or I'll bum it off a friend/the school when I go back next week.

Thanks anyway though.
    I have no problem doing it :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Midnight, what broadband do you have? :eek:

It's probably not available in Dundalk though, stuck with eircom and it's terrible can barely download youtube videos faster than you can play them.

• Advertisement

It's probably not available in Dundalk though, stuck with eircom and it's terrible can barely download youtube videos faster than you can play them.

;)

I have no problem doing it :)
    Its a steam based download anyway, not an .exe file so it'll install on the system it is downloaded on. It needs to be downloaded straight to my own computer AFAIK.

I'm guessing either UPC's 100mb or more likely, campus accommodation's internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

100MB download speed :D

Nice, here I was thinking I was great with my 30mb/s.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

It needs to be downloaded straight to my own computer AFAIK.
    I've never had any problem copying the contents of the TF2 folder and GCF(?) files (although, I've only done it once when I got my new PC) - I just began the installation (so that I could get access to the game properties), copied the files to the appropriate location then verified the integrity of the game cache to make sure make sure everything was in order and re-download anything that wasn't right :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭marko93

Left for Dead 2 anyone? :3

• Advertisement

marko93 wrote: »
    Left for Dead 2 anyone? :3

If you're interested in stuff like this* happening to you/other players (amidst other horrible rage/lulz-inducing things), you're free to join me on the MGFTW modded servers :P Just send me a PM and I can add you to my Steam friends list.

*Stuff like that typically only happens on the Boomer-only gamemode though :P

Robby91 wrote: »
    If you're interested in stuff like this happening to you/other players (amidst other horrible rage/lulz-inducing things), you're free to join me on the MGFTW modded servers :P Just send me a PM and I can add you to my Steam friends list.

You got stuck? hahaha

You got stuck? hahaha

Naw, I'm the one who took the photo :P

Naw, I'm the one who took the photo :P

Oh right! hahaha

Waiting for it to finish re-downloading!

Oh god... the Space Marine demo is amazing. It's really short (about 30mins of gameplay) but the brutality... oh, the brutality. It makes me feel like a psychopath to say this, but there's a certain, peculiar glee that comes with watching an Ork Nob get his foot pinned to the ground followed by having his head torn asunder...

If you have the bandwidth/data allowance to download the demo (2GB), it's well worth it - the public demo should be available now but, if not, you can register for the Honor Guard at www.spacemarine.com and you can get a demo activation key at www.spacemarine.com/demo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Everyone should play this. PLAY IT NOW

catherine-box-art-ps3-xbox360.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Craguls wrote: »

I know it's supposed to be great but people would think I was a deviant with a cover like that. :D

Craguls wrote: »

That actually sounds quite interesting, having just read the wiki on it.

I almost bought Rugby World Cup 11 today thinking it was Jonah Lomu's Rugby Challenge. Having read some reviews of RWC, I'll be waiting for Rugby Challenge. :P

Call of Duty:Elite Beta downloading! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

L4D2 anyone?

• Advertisement

Colm! wrote: »
    L4D2 anyone?
    marko93101

marko93101

I've added you there (username Flare, in case you're wondering :P) - if you (and Colm!, ofc) are up for some 10vs10 L4D2, feel free to give me a shout :D

I've added you there (username Flare, in case you're wondering :P) - if you (and Colm!, ofc) are up for some 10vs10 L4D2, feel free to give me a shout :D
    I'm game, just dont have Colms Steam name D:

steamID is ExRarne and you should add a "Colm!" that way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

I got my hands on a copy of Command and conquer :Red alert 2 yesterday,oh the nostalgia :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Hurry up, Gears Of Waaaaaaar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Kontakt

I got my hands on a copy of Command and conquer :Red alert 2 yesterday,oh the nostalgia :)

So much time spent playing that! I need a new xbox for Skyrim :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Best.......looking.......game.......ever!

Mega Chin wrote: »

Best.......looking.......game.......ever!
    Is that like a 3D pokemon-ish game? Looks pretty epic.

• Advertisement

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Is that like a 3D pokemon-ish game? Looks pretty epic.

If Level 5 made an actual pokemon game on the PS3, I'd probably die of joy long before I'd get the chance to play it :rolleyes:

Advertisement