Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Evil Computer Games thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Replaying Fallout New Vegas now

So much fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Playing Blocks That Matter that i got from the latest Humble Bundle...addictive game, but fiendishly hard!

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

Colm! wrote: »

Made my day that did.Hope it's better than IV,though that wouldn't be hard.good trailer too.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

Skyrim Friday,goodbye life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

175881-nancy_drew_large.jpg
    Just picked this up for cheap today seems like something I'd like.Hopefully it goes well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I'm too busy with GoW 3 to vother with Skyrim, but then the brother will end up getting it and I'll fall helplessly into its lure :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Skyrimmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Modern warfare 3 now... Skyrim on friday :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

I may or may not be downloading Skyrim right now >_>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

So, like, how am I supposed to be able to afford Skyrim, Deus Ex, Arkham Asylum and City, Fifa 12 as well as Xbox Live? Gah!

Do what I did. Hoard your money for months and months, only buying ciggarettes, and the occasional games magazine/game/bits of food.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Dungeon Defenders (I don't think the game's up on the PSN yet).

For those of you with €12 (or 1200 MS Points :P) to spare, it's a pretty fantastic game if you're fond of Tower Defense/Hero Defense games. It's damn addictive :D
    Also, for Steam users, the Halloween DLC pack (i.e. 2 costumes per class and a new challenge map) will be available for free to anyone who purchases before the 11th, for anyone who is even remotely interested in the game /shamelessplug

And, of course, Saints Row The Third next Friday, yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaah :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

So they're saying the new Zelda is possibly the best Zelda ever made, and thus one of the best games ever made by extension. They said the same thing about Twilight Princess for a while which pretty much wasn't true (even though it was a great game).

Has anybody else sort of given up on buying new releases? I seem to have accumulated a huge back log of games I got on Steam sale, Portal 2 is the only 2011 game I own. Think Skyward Sword looks like the only thing I'd pay that kind of price for.

Too many new releases :( God almighty, I still haven't played past the first colossus in the Ico collection, or opened child of eden.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Skyrim, I want, DESERVE you. My family will be ignored as much as possible when I come home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

41547_the_elder_scrolls_v_skyrim.jpg

Quite possibly the best game I've played in a looooong time.

ghostbusters-ds-300x276.jpg
    also picked this up today

Skrim is like.... wow <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

skywardsword.png

Can Skyward Sword come out already, please? Also, can I have enough money to actually buy it? :p I'm so excited! I've purposefully avoided as much promotional footage/general spoiler material surrounding it as I possibly could, so I'll be experiencing it in a completely blind, fresh way. I have heard it's getting all kinds of rave reviews, though, so, yay. Perhaps this'll be the game that fully shows motion controls can enrich a game, rather than diluting it? Either way, it's a new Zelda, and it looks gorgeous, original, and charming!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Seems like Skyward Sword's not getting all that much hype, or at least it's being drowned out by Skyrim and a bunch of other releases. Hopefully that means I'll still be able to get a pre-order when I get money this week. Be happy we're the first region to get it, it'll deprive most Americans of a chance to spam spoilers everywhere.

Apparently people are really pissy about a review that complained about
    rehashed* elements
    , with the same guys giving MW3 a near perfect score.

*shocking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Finally got round to playing Limbo, started well but I was pretty disappointed over all. Needs more spiders.

Lawliet wrote: »
    Finally got round to playing Limbo, started well but I was pretty disappointed over all. Needs more spiders.

I'm on the verge of buying that off PSN. Any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭marko93

5 Hours of Skryim without realising I was playing for 5 hours.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'm on the verge of buying that off PSN. Any good?
    If you like puzzle games then I'd recommend it. Unfortunately I thought I was getting a horror game, so when I discovered that the scary stuff stops early on and the majority is actually increasingly frustrating puzzles, I was a bit annoyed. It is a pretty cool game, very atmospheric and existential, it's just a bit short and loses it way after a while.
    And it could have used more spiders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

I thought there would be at least another 5 pages of skyrim chat...

Good going you guys :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I thought there would be at least another 5 pages of skyrim chat...

Good going you guys :)

We're all too busy enjoying the game to bother with frivolous activities such as discussing it. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Jackobyte wrote: »
    We're all too busy enjoying the game to bother with frivolous activities such as discussing it. :P

There was over 200 posts of spam in my class group on facebook about skyrim... :P

Since I've hit the 24 hour mark now... What a game <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Feck off with yer Skyrim...i'm playing Chocolate Castle :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭marko93

i'm playing Chocolate Castle :pac:
    131700090789-mother-of-god-super-.jpg

Advertisement