Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Evil Computer Games thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

i got it in the humble bundle...addictive little game so it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

There was over 200 posts of spam in my class group on facebook about skyrim... :P

wrong-mike.jpg

They clearly don't understand that RPG's are meant to completely take over your life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭marko93

i got it in the humble bundle...addictive little game so it is
    Dead+to+me.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

marko93 wrote: »
    <snip>

You have something against indie games? :eek:

Indie games are the best i've ever played...much better than the likes of COD/BF imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Assassins Creed tuesday \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Zelda on friday :D

Robby91 wrote: »
    You have something against indie games? :eek:
    Indie games are the best i've ever played...much better than the likes of COD/BF imo
    Nothing wrong with Indie games. To even attempt an attack on them, i'd of have to of played alot of them. Amnesia is as far as I got :/

My point is. Y U NO PLAY SKYRIM? D:

People who moan about people talking about skyrim, aren't playing skyrim.

Can't play skyrim for a number of reasons...xbox is back at home, laptop is nowhere capable of running it, and 3rd (most important), i can't afford it :P

• Advertisement

Can't play skyrim for a number of reasons...xbox is back at home, laptop is nowhere capable of running it, and 3rd (most important), i can't afford it :P
    Why didnt you say so?
    Im sorry Roland. I love you really.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

My point is. Y U NO PLAY SKYRIM? D:
    I can get more hours played per euro with indie games (and various other things), that's why :pac: That, and Saints Row The Third is out next Friday and I'll be damned if any other big title tries to keep me away from it.

I've thought about Skyrim for Xmas, but my personal opinion of Oblivion (i.e. it was good, but I didn't find it as enjoyable as other titles) isn't doing it any great favours.

I can spend hours on ipod games.... drop 7 is the greatest investment I've ever made, cost me 79 pence, played it for hours, when I was stuck in Seattle last year... man. Stopped me from going mad with boredom.

Robby91 wrote: »
    I can get more hours played per euro with indie games (and various other things), that's why :pac: That, and Saints Row The Third is out next Friday and I'll be damned if any other big title tries to keep me away from it.

I've thought about Skyrim for Xmas, but my personal opinion of Oblivion (i.e. it was good, but I didn't find it as enjoyable as other titles) isn't doing it any great favours.

Saints Row is a crimbo game for me.
    Feck it, while we're here, any suggestions for a good indie game?

Is Limbo any use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Am I the only person that doesn't care about Skyrim at all?

Nope. Absolutely no interest here

Thank christ...I just don't see the point

I just stayed up with skyrim all night.... God it's so wrong..... Yet so right. School's gonna be fun.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

No I'm the same. I haven't even heard of the Elder Scrolls before this, it just doesn't seem hugely interesting! I like computer games in general though.

Most of the newer games I can't play because my computer at home won't run them, and my laptop in college won't run any modern games at all. I've never owned a console (PS2, PS3, Xbox360, etc. , although I still have a Sega MegaDrive from years ago, it still works!) so some of the new games I haven't been able to play. My computer struggled to run GTA IV, and that's not even that graphic-intensive compared to some newer games these days.

I'll happily replay old games though, I don't tend to lose interest in those - I love Half Life 2, and both episodes, they're definitely due a rerun the next time I'm home from college :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

My computer struggled to run GTA IV, and that's not even that graphic-intensive compared to some newer games these days.
    Depending on when you played it that might have been the game's fault. When GTA IV came out on PC it was notorious for running terribly on good systems.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Davidius wrote: »
    Depending on when you played it that might have been the game's fault. When GTA IV came out on PC it was notorious for running terribly on good systems.

I think that might be the case! It seemed like a bad port. Games like GTA:SA, Half Life 2, etc., all ran perfectly with nearly the graphics turned up full! I know GTA IV was a large step up in graphics, but it didn't run properly at all - took me hours to install (due to having to register for some social club or something, and doing part of it wrong and having to start again), and when it did start, it didn't work properly at all - crawled along, took ages to load up the graphics - was completely unplayable!

My computer was fairly good when I got it years ago, but it's low-specced nowadays.
    It has a 3.00Ghz Pentium D processor
    1024MB DDR2 RAM
    nVidia Geforce 6700XL (128 MB GDDR3)
    It has Windows 7 Ultimate at the moment, but when I installed GTA IV, it was Windows XP Home, but I doubt OS makes any difference!

Myself and my brother were thinking of splitting the cost of a PS3 or something between us at Christmas - he wants to get Fifa 12.
    I know GTA V is a long way away, but will the PS3 be able to play it, or will it be designed for the next console (PS4, Xbox 720?)

I just remembered I bought that Rockstar GTA pack on steam.
    SO MANY GAMES TO PLAY!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

If you haven't played the previous games, then your reaction is definitely understandable, but trust me, these games are fantastic. The amount packed into them, and the quality it's presented at, really makes it like no other game when it comes out. They're fantastically involving if you give them a chance and get into them.

I'm just so annoyed I can't play it until December, but it'll be all the sweeter having to wait I hope.

If you haven't played the previous games, then your reaction is definitely understandable, but trust me, these games are fantastic. The amount packed into them, and the quality it's presented at, really makes it like no other game when it comes out. They're fantastically involving if you give them a chance and get into them.

I'm just so annoyed I can't play it until December, but it'll be all the sweeter having to wait I hope.

I played Oblivion and really didnt like it. The amount in it was impressive but the actual game itself was just meh

I played Oblivion and Morrowind...hated both

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Ah, okay. Well, I can understand that too, if you've played the games. I find the freedom they give you to explore whatever parts of the game you like, and the attention to detail of world, characters and quests in it just brilliant. It's not for everyone I suppose- what about the Fallout games, have you tried those? Or is it just the RPG element as a whole that puts you guys off?

I like Fallout. Although Ive never put massive amounts of time into 3 cause Id never see daylight again :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

I liked Oblivion a lot. I loved its absolutely huge and open world, exploring the beautiful, imaginative architecture of its towns, and the excellent guild quests (particularly the Thieves Guild). Unfortunately, I found it gets really repetitive after a while... I started noticing a tedious pattern in the a lot of quests' objectives (go to some sort of cave/ruin/tomb, kill some form of creature or person, return), a worryingly large proportion of the characters sounded and/or looked exactly like Jauffrey, and I started to see the vast landscape as an algorithmically-generated patchwork of recycled props interspersed with the occasional interesting, concertedly designed setpiece. It felt like I had to sift through far too many bland, jadedly familiar quests before I might happen across the more substantial parts of the game. I would have preferred if the game was smaller and less bloated with filler quests, like what they did with the Shivering Isles, really.

Ah, okay. Well, I can understand that too, if you've played the games. I find the freedom they give you to explore whatever parts of the game you like, and the attention to detail of world, characters and quests in it just brilliant. It's not for everyone I suppose- what about the Fallout games, have you tried those? Or is it just the RPG element as a whole that puts you guys off?
    Nope, I loved Final Fantasy I through X-2 and Fable...I just never liked any of the Elder Scrolls games :o

• Advertisement

I didn't like oblivion... I still don't actually.

Advertisement