Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Evil Computer Games thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

I don't know, I guess people look for different things in games. I expect quite a bit from any games I buy, and the Elder Scrolls/Fallout series has always matched those expectations. The expansiveness is what draws me to it really.

Which makes it all the more frustrating that I can't get Skyrim, while all you goofs turn your nose up at it. GOOFS I SAY.

It's really the only game I'm excited for this year, as I've had my fill of shooting people in gritty urban environments. I'm also sick of playing Call of Duty and Battlefield games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

I hated the combat system in Morrowind...was bloody woeful...improved a bit in Oblivion, but still not great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm on the verge of buying final Fantasy 6 off the PSN? Anyobe know if it's as good as the Internet says?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

If you like RPGs then yes, yes it is

I do like RPG's yes. I'm on the confirm purchase screen....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'm on the verge of buying final Fantasy 6 off the PSN? Anyobe know if it's as good as the Internet says?

Yes, definitely! Well, that is if the internet's saying that it's easily the best of the 2D Final Fantasies. It's great! It features one of the finest soundtracks written by Uematsu (I'll post a particularly haunting theme from it after this paragraph), has lots of intricate, ornate, almost gothic sprite artwork, and, well, one of the characters is a ninja. :p

Also, you can suplex a train. Yes!

Purchase confirmed :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

AC:Revelations <3

AC:Revelations <3
    Mine just arrived in the door. Now to lose all sense of reality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

So I'm not even sure if I successfully reserved a copy of zelda or not. The person at the counter was foreign. I'm confused.

• Advertisement

Uncharted 3 is such a beautiful game, its amazing <3 skyrim made me forget >.<

Davidius wrote: »
    So I'm not even sure if I successfully reserved a copy of zelda or not.

I'm slightly confused about this too! I went to reserve it today, but was told it was too late... then Cows Go Mu informed me that she had some time to spare before work and had very kindly reserved a copy under my name! :) But, I'm slightly worried, as the guy in GAME also told me they'll be operating under a first-come-first-served basis and that pre-ordering is essentially futile, so... hmm. Silly GAME!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Skyrim is just better than I could have ever imagined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭marko93

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Skyrim is just better than I could have ever imagined.
    I'ma werewolf. NO REGRETS.

Final fantasy VI is incredible :D lovely soundtrack, and the story and gameplay are top notch :D and it's only 135MB, so it fits on my PSP easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

marko93 wrote: »

I'm a cannibal of some variety, I feel more and more disgust each time that I eat someone. I still do it though. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

I managed to get both ataxia and rockjoint within 5 minutes. GADDAMNIT NPCS, I KNOW I'M SICK, STOP TELLING ME!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I could never get into Final Fantasy games at all. I really did try though.

I have yet to play a Zelda game. I just never owned a Nintendo console anytime they were released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

cloud493 wrote: »
    Final fantasy VI is incredible :D lovely soundtrack, and the story and gameplay are top notch :D and it's only 135MB, so it fits on my PSP easily.
    Oh, is it the PS1 version? Anyway yeah, while IV and V had decent storylines and were the first RPG's to really push the idea of storytelling in games, VI took it onto a whole new level altogether. It's a masterpiece in gaming and often overlooked. Just wait until you reach the halfway point through the game, believe me, you'll know when you get there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

marko93 wrote: »
    Khajiit!
    Boo yeah!
    Meow

• Advertisement

Im convinced Im an Assassin......
    >_>
    And Batman.....
    <_<

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Just wait until you reach the halfway point through the game, believe me, you'll know when you get there.

And when you do get to that point, it might be a good idea to choose "wait" near the exit and hang around until the countdown runs out (or gets to around 0:05, at least). It'll all make sense in time! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

I play nexuiz....

Still playing sonic generations... I spent ages thinking 'this is a bit ****' then it did like, one really good level and I was happy again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭marko93

Khajiit!
    Boo yeah!
    Meow
    That's gonna be my next run through as an Assasin. Now I'ma Nord/Werewolf that's just a brute with a mace/sword.

Also. Playing yesterday, Pillaged hideouts and other places. Bought horse. Went to wrong place. They started attacking, they killed my horse, I've never been so annoyed at a tribe.....

Destroyed the whole population.

DONT FÚCKING KILL MY HORSE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

I have never managed to keep a horse for more than ten minutes yet in Skyrim.
    FFS.

I decided to fire oblivion just to see what all the elder scrolls fuss is about.

This game runs like a piece of shít on my system. Googling tells me that it's probably related to the game not using more than one core. No real solution exists as far I can tell, only very minor mitigating steps. This sucks yo. I'm pretty sure Skyrim would run much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

So many games piled up on my desk right now....

Need to finish Deus Ex.
    Need to play Fifa 12.
    Haven't opened Saint's Row The Third.
    Haven't opened Assassin's Creed
    Haven't opened Civ 3, or Civ 4.

Should I add Skyrim to that list now, or wait a few months? Really wanna try an Elder Scrolls game...see what all the fuss is about, seeing as we'll be modding Oblivion in college next year... hmm....

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Should I add Skyrim to that list now, or wait a few months? Really wanna try an Elder Scrolls game...see what all the fuss is about, seeing as we'll be modding Oblivion in college next year... hmm....
    Oblivion was just ~fiver on Steam yesterday, think it's back to €20 now. If I were you I'd wait until the Christmas sale next month on Steam to see how prices are for Skyrim (or Oblivion). If you're impatient and plan to play Skyrim on PC it's cheaper on Green Man Gaming at the moment (€40 now) than on Steam (€50).

In other news I apparently did reserve Zelda though they took down the display and it's not on the shelves. Think that suggests a short-supply of non-reserved copies if any. Haven't played it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Saints Row:The Third <3

Although...it's fighting for play time with Assassins Creed :(

Advertisement