Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Evil Computer Games thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

I love MW3 but I'm so crap, Only on level 43 all my friends are waaaay ahead! And Minecraft can get addicting if I ever play it out of boredom. And then there's Mario Kart DS, what can I say :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Damn steam sales >_>
    So many games not even installed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Damn steam sales >_>
    So many games not even installed!

56 games and counting on Steam, though i blame the Humble Bundles for taking up most of my library

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I have 116 games in my library. A load of DLC gets added to your game list if you get a GOTY edition apparently. I also got free DLC for defence grid even though I don't own it. A lot of things from cheap bundle packs too. Civ IV games get counted twice because the PC and mac versions are separate.

When it comes to Steam sales the only game I really regret is Borderlands. It's really dull. It was cheap but it basically amounts to a loss given that I'll always be playing something else.

It pisses me off when people kill people in kill confirmed on mw3 and then just don't collect the Tags. Grr **** you people. Then again cod players in general just don't do objectives, and I'm a die hard cod man sooo..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I finished Batman: Arkham Asylum today, and it was freaking awesome! It was a great mix of puzzle solving, gadgetry and beating the crap out of everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Downloaded FF7 for the laptop just there.. Im afraid to start it with all my exams coming up...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Do it!!! FF all the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

It pisses me off when people kill people in kill confirmed on mw3 and then just don't collect the Tags. Grr **** you people. Then again cod players in general just don't do objectives, and I'm a die hard cod man sooo..

Mw3, there's your issue. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭DoBhrionn

Got the DLC for Battlefield 3. It's absolutely amazing, epic re-render of the old maps...and the destruction :eek: just simply satisfying to watch a whole building collapse on top of a virtual soldier :)

• Advertisement

Battlefield 3 already has DLC? As a consumer I dislike this business model.

Davidius wrote: »

gone be the days where you got a huge expansion pack cheap enough a few months after the game was released. Now it's just shítty character models and map packs (which the community used to provide, for big games anyway) released as pre-order DLC...gah

/rant >_<

RolandIRL wrote: »
    gone be the days where you got a huge expansion pack cheap enough a few months after the game was released. Now it's just shítty character models and map packs (which the community used to provide, for big games anyway) released as pre-order DLC...gah

/rant >_<
    I think one of the worst parts about it is that they essentially cut content from the base game just so they can sell it to people. A lot of DLC doesn't even have the quality of being created post-launch. Even then the lack of support for community modding tools just ensures that developers don't ever have to put effort into post-release content.

I wouldn't blame them too much as it is evidently a lucrative business model. A lot of fault lands on consumers for being too willing to pay so much for so little. Very few people assess the relative worth of DLC, paying €10 for the DLC of a €50 game that maybe adds 5% more content. The original game probably wasn't priced fairly either.

That's why i tend to go with indie games now...you can really see the love the developers put into their games. and it's really innovative as well, it's not just bland FPS shooters after each other. they really put the fun back into gaming for me.

and the fact my laptop's shíte means i can't play the mainstream games :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Today I found this in my room while looking for Maths HW:

Age_Of_Empires_1_-_The_Beginni.jpg

Needless to say any chance of work went out the window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Forza 4 had DLC on the day of release AFAIK. God I hate the games industry.

*remembers he's doing a course which may lead to him working in the industry and ripping off people as well*

YEAAAAHHHH BUUUDDDDDDAAAAYYYY!!!!!!! CAAA-CHIIINNNNGGGGG!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭marko93

Battlefield, your tanks are beautiful, but destroying them in mah choppppa is just to easy. Much love.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

Just bought Fallout New Vegas earlier. Looking forward to playing it.

Really enjoying the new Battlefield 3 maps, got em free on PSN, mind you Caspian Border is still my favourite level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

It's free though isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Damn I should really find a cheap copy of New Vegas, I always forget I haven't played it! Also I may be the sole person on the planet who does not have Skyrim

• Advertisement

So after about a day of play time I finally unlocked heat seeking missiles in Battlefield. Its amzing being able to get kills in a jet now >_>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Saints Row 3 is not blowing me away.... it's good, but not great. Feels very recycled, not too many new ideas which is rather disappointing.

Will be starting Assassin's Creed Revelations on Sunday hopefully.... can't wait.

I don't have skyrim, but it was going for €25 in gamestop the other day! And I got battlefield 3 limited edition for €40 second hand from smyths, I have loads of second hand games and have never had an issue, has anyone ever?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

I don't have skyrim, but it was going for €25 in gamestop the other day! And I got battlefield 3 limited edition for €40 second hand from smyths, I have loads of second hand games and have never had an issue, has anyone ever?

Skyrim is steamworks on the PC, can't be second hand or it won't work. It's going for €25 in GAME at the minute, if that's much use to you.

seanbmc wrote: »
    It's free though isn't it?
    From what I'm reading it's free to people who pre-ordered a limited edition and €15 otherwise. Extra in-game content as a pre-order bonus is just as bad in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Uncharted 3 is deadly. Full stop

edit: Also, someone fill me in on Steam please? Like is that the PS3 store thing? And if you buy stuff there do you just download it to the PS3 or..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I <3 uncharted. Nathan Drake <3

I just started rage, got it off someone on adverts. Its kick ass, surprisingly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

From what I'm reading it's free to people who pre-ordered a limited edition and €15 otherwise. Extra in-game content as a pre-order bonus is just as bad in my opinion.

Ah ok, I just went in and bought it on the day of release, few freinds did it too and we got the limited edition. Maybe they had extra stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Game Dev Story on my phone has managed to keep me up this late :-\

• Advertisement

Game Dev Story on my phone has managed to keep me up this late :-\

WHAT A GAME. Its worth it when you pass €1 billion though in cash

Steam is like a store and games network for PC. Most people have consoles.

Advertisement