Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Evil Computer Games thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

PS4 in 3 weeks :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

cloud493 wrote: »
    PS4 in 3 weeks :D

So eh, where do you live? :3

123 fake street :pac:

cloud493 wrote: »
    123 fake street :pac:

Oh John Doe, jesus man, been a while? How you been? :P

Wish I could get a PS4, but those damned exams are in January. ALso getting a new GFX card for Christmas so wouldn't be the wisest of investments. BUT STILL I WANT ONE

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭YayForYuffie

http://www.destructoid.com/persona-4-vol-2-listed-on-voice-actress-resume-266018.phtml

Persona 4 volume two?

Hopes: Slightly elevated.

cvvg9zo.gif
    So much want.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭TheBegotten

Can anyone tell me if Rome II is worth the €55 price tag? I want it, but I won't have time to play it that much. But the want is strong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Can anyone tell me if Rome II is worth the €55 price tag? I want it, but I won't have time to play it that much. But the want is strong.
    There should be a Steam sale in the coming weeks and it'll probably be discounted. €55 is very steep for a game, especially a PC game considering how cheap they often end up. Really no point in buying full price if you don't intend to play it immediately, you'll just be down a few euro for nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Support your friendly neighbourhood game developer. Pay full price...

Not that I'm biased or anything... :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Support your (un)friendly neighbourhood game developer publisher. Pay full price...

I think that's slightly more accurate... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Support your friendly neighbourhood game developer. Pay full price...

Support everyone except Wild Games Studios. Say anything bad about their games and they'll leave you with an arse like the flag of Japan.

• Advertisement

Support everyone except Wild Games Studios. Say anything bad about their games and they'll leave you with an arse like the flag of Japan.

Funny thing is, I'd probably have picked up Day One if they hadn't acted like a bunch of spoiled children over it. I watched Total Biscuit's review after the sh*tstorm and thought it looked mildly interesting. Would have picked it up in a sale as part of a bundle or something. But they couldn't pay me enough to buy any of their games now tbh.

I was never going to buy it because it's not my kind of game, but I saw the review by TB before it was taken down and I thought it was pretty poorly put together. I went onto their website, and they've only one review on it by Kotaku, and even that doesn't shine a great light on it. What annoys me is the fact that it got on the Steam Greenlight by pure and utter bribery. They gave away 50 Steam keys to get a vote, and put that with the failed Kickstarter campaign in which Stephane, the games developer, put £10,000 of his own money into his own campaign on day 2 and you can see this game is a car crash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Anyone with a 3DS and a 3DS XL, wanna help me out? Just wondering is the bigger screen worth dishing out for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Oooh I just found out what Steam is! Let the games begin! That is, the old basic games that my non-souped-up laptop will hopefully manage to cope with :)

Oooh I just found out what Steam is! Let the games begin! That is, the old basic games that my non-souped-up laptop will hopefully manage to cope with :)

I recommend Papers Please. Easily my game of the year, ahead of GTA V and Stanley Parable which you should also get. Both are on sale.

marko93 wrote: »
    Anyone with a 3DS and a 3DS XL, wanna help me out? Just wondering is the bigger screen worth dishing out for?

Definitely. 3DS XL is mega.

This was me a year ago...

I just passed 110 games in my library yesterday. :( :P
    I recommend Papers Please. Easily my game of the year, ahead of GTA V and Stanley Parable which you should also get. Both are on sale.

Oh yes! Stanley Parable is so f*cking good. Get it. Get it. Get it.

Other low end games that I'd recommend would be:

Thomas Was Alone: This was my GOTY of 2012. It's bloody amazing. Shaun from Assassin's Creeddoes the voice over for it, and it's so goddamn funny and sweet. There's a brilliant puzzler-platformer in there too, the soundtrack is great and the style of graphics is just beautiful. Seriously, I cannot talk this game up highly enough. Get it. Get it. Get. It. :P

Solar 2: This is a fun little game where you control a rock and spin around space. You try to pull other rocks into your orbit, then absorb them to grow. Best played with a controller, this is a really relaxing game to play. You can just sort of chill to it. Really nice music as well.

Symphony: You import your music library into the game, then select a track from it. The game then generates enemies based on the music for you to battle. Fun little game.

FTL: Faster than Light: I haven't played this, but the Let's Plays I've seen make it look really really awesome. You control a space ship and go from planet to planet in a sector, battle other ships, get crew, upgrades, all while being chased by a line of enemies that'll kill you if they reach you. Take a look at a few videos cos I suck at explainin'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

This was me a year ago...

I just passed 110 games in my library yesterday. :( :P

Oh yes! Stanley Parable is so f*cking good. Get it. Get it. Get it.

Other low end games that I'd recommend would be:

Thomas Was Alone: This was my GOTY of 2012. It's bloody amazing. Shaun from Assassin's Creeddoes the voice over for it, and it's so goddamn funny and sweet. There's a brilliant puzzler-platformer in there too, the soundtrack is great and the style of graphics is just beautiful. Seriously, I cannot talk this game up highly enough. Get it. Get it. Get. It. :P

Solar 2: This is a fun little game where you control a rock and spin around space. You try to pull other rocks into your orbit, then absorb them to grow. Best played with a controller, this is a really relaxing game to play. You can just sort of chill to it. Really nice music as well.

Symphony: You import your music library into the game, then select a track from it. The game then generates enemies based on the music for you to battle. Fun little game.

FTL: Faster than Light: I haven't played this, but the Let's Plays I've seen make it look really really awesome. You control a space ship and go from planet to planet in a sector, battle other ships, get crew, upgrades, all while being chased by a line of enemies that'll kill you if they reach you. Take a look at a few videos cos I suck at explainin'.

Thanks for the recommendations :D Those games look cool! The Stanley Parable keeps getting suggested and Papers Pleased actually looks intriguing! I downloaded GTA San Andreas last night because it's one I never had, and I love those games. Using a keyboard is a bit weird, but it's fun :D I also want to get Tomb Raider 4 because I was stuck on a level when I had it at the age of like... whatever age I was.. And I never got past that level! So it's important that I finally get through it :P

It's kind of annoying that so many newer games / games that I know won't work (seems to be my graphics card mainly?, from putting in random games into http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri )... I'm not a huge gamer and I don't really know about any of this stuff, but it might be interesting to try out some of those games I wouldn't have heard of before! :)

• Advertisement

Stanley was pleased that JamJamJamJam was considering playing his game. He decided to wait patiently until JamJam's arrival...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Just completed Bioshock 1, finally realise what all the noise was about. Great game!

Moving onto Batman Arkham City which I just started last night and am loving!!

Then I have Fallout New Vegas to get through which I have no idea about, anyone know is that any good?

Then I might FINALLY get around to finishing off Red Dead Redemption.

A few reviews for some very good games:

Stanley Parable

Papers Please

Thomas Was Alone

OMSI Bus Simulator

*OMSI 2 is now out, but they are practically the same, so get one or the other. 2 has some extra features

BOTH PORTAL GAMES ARE 75% OFF FOR THE NEXT 2 HOURS! - Perfection!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,729 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Papers Please is great, but I can see why some people might not like it.

Heeeeellllllo fellow procrastinator!

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭roboshatner

a friend of mine told me about this game now I never played it but heard about it.

He said that the start of the game you must murder someone like stab them I said why there any other way to continue the game without doing it...he said no you have to..sounds kinda crazy.

oh had to check but the game was called Prey 2006 x box 360 game.

• Advertisement

Hated arkham city....loved the arkham asylum best game ever...and as for latest one got stuck on the second boss could not complete it...thats a first.

Bioshock 1 is amazing the soundtrack blew me away the Inkspots so cool. 2 is has great gameplay story not great.

I completed red dead but everybody went wild for the zombie version of it.....never played that but.

completed fallout amazing game I tried to play vegas but it was not the same..
    Just completed Bioshock 1, finally realise what all the noise was about. Great game!

Moving onto Batman Arkham City which I just started last night and am loving!!

Then I have Fallout New Vegas to get through which I have no idea about, anyone know is that any good?

Then I might FINALLY get around to finishing off Red Dead Redemption.

So, finally went back to Red Dead Redemption having left it with only a few missions left to go.

Only to find that the feckin save file has been deleted!!

So have to start all over again, damn it.

that happened to me the first time I played it.

would like to play the zombie version.

and everyone is going on about The Last Of Us I would like to play it but not paying 50 for it.
    So, finally went back to Red Dead Redemption having left it with only a few missions left to go.

Only to find that the feckin save file has been deleted!!

So have to start all over again, damn it.

that happened to me the first time I played it.

would like to play the zombie version.

and everyone is going on about The Last Of Us I would like to play it but not paying 50 for it.

Problem solved
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Last-Of-Us-PS3/dp/B00844PC9S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389279706&sr=8-1&keywords=the+last+of+us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Such graphic .... sooooooo colour

:)

• Advertisement

After picking up Muramasa Rebirth for the Vita from the PS Store January Sale, I have some to the conclusion that it's a pretty cool game (because who doesn't like high-speed sword-swinging fun times) and, judging by the sheer number of swords available to be forged, it should keep me going for quite some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 rlsniper789

Robby91 wrote: »
    After picking up Muramasa Rebirth for the Vita from the PS Store January Sale, I have some to the conclusion that it's a pretty cool game (because who doesn't like high-speed sword-swinging fun times) and, judging by the sheer number of swords available to be forged, it should keep me going for quite some time.

If you like Muramasa Rebirth, you should try out Dragon's Crown (made by the same devs). It is slower paced but the gameplay is solid ,there is a lot of diversity due to the different classes you can play and the artwork is absolutely gorgeous.

If you like Muramasa Rebirth, you should try out Dragon's Crown (made by the same devs). It is slower paced but the gameplay is solid ,there is a lot of diversity due to the different classes you can play and the artwork is absolutely gorgeous.

Ye, I had a look at it and I'd like to play it, but it's fairly pricey - I won't be able to shell out €39.99 anytime soon, so I'll have to put it to one side for the moment. Maybe, if I'm lucky, it'll go free on PS+ soon.

Steam Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaale :D

Highly recommend Papers, Please. You play an immigration officer for a fictional communist state. So on my 1st run, I let too many illegals in by accident so I didn't make enough money to pay for heat/food. My wife and son got sick and died. I then couldn't afford rent so I got arrested and sent to prison, EPIC :D

So far I've bought - Terraria, Binding of Isaac, Papers Please, Don't Starve, Monaco, The Cave and Super Meat Boy :D

Keep a spreadsheet of what you're buying and how much it costs, it's always gas over on the Steam forum at the end of the sale when people post it up. :pac:

I've only bought Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3 so far. Bought on a whim in work just to get me started. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭TheBegotten

If for some reason you've never heard of it, Crusader Kings 2 is on sale, 50% off. If you're a fan of strategy games, politics or Game of Thrones, I literally can't recommend it enough. Get some DLC if you've got the extra cash.

After going through so many Steam Sales, my game total is 149.

Yet my most played is CS:S :P

Continuing the politics thing, [URL="Democracy 3: Social Engineering
    -25%4,99€ 3,74€
    Democracy 3: Extremism"]Democracy 3[/URL] is 66% off @ €7.81 + €7.48 for the 2 DLC bundles (Democracy 3: Social Engineering + Democracy 3: Extremism)

I bought it earlier. I saw a LP vid on YouTube a while ago and it looks hella complicated but really fun.

DLC any good PBJ?

Don't play PC Games, just seen videos on it. I think the plain game is good to start off, and if you want to expand it ,then go ahead for the DLC's.

• Advertisement

Ass Creed 4 for €24...

Tempting... very tempting...

Pay Day 2 and Metal Slug 3, couldn't say no.

Buy Thomas Was Alone for €3.19. You never thought you could feel emotions for rectangles? Guess again.

A little preview for you...

F*ck yes buy TwA. It was my game of the year in whatever year it was released. It's such a beautiful game. Great music, great narration, fun gameplay, great aesthetics...

I am more than a little in love with the game. :o

The Stanley Parable is 4.79. Buy it. It's fantastic. Don't be that guy that buys Skyrim instead. Everyone's sick of seeing Skyrim in the Top Sellers. Buy a good game FFS. :P

Thomas was Alone was released in November 2012, fyi :)

The video I posted says it has 10 levels, it now has 100.

Only spent €27 so far.

Only... :(

So far... :o

Only spent €27 so far.

Only... :(

So far... :o

On what?

marko93 wrote: »
    On what?

Command and Conquer, Jazzpunk, Metal Gear Rising: Revengance and Democracy 3.

I'm weak. :(

So, I've bought...quite a few games :pac:

Age of Empires II, The Binding of Isaac, The Cave, Don't Starve, Fallout 2, Killing Floor, Monaco, Papers Please, Stanley Parable, Super Meat Boy and Thomas was Alone :o

• Advertisement

Command and Conquer, Jazzpunk, Metal Gear Rising: Revengance and Democracy 3.

I'm weak. :(

Was realllllly tempted by that, but in the end Planetary Annihilation for €15 was just too much to pass up on, I've been eying it for a long time.

Advertisement