Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Evil Computer Games thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Decided to get back into pokemon randomly, forgot all about it, started a new game on heartgold yesterday, already done 12 hours :D

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

RolandIRL wrote: »
    I doubt Arkham or Skyrim will get reduced any, given they've just been released but who knows, maybe Steam will be nice.

Got the EDGE achievement yesterday and now i have coal...hurray! :rolleyes:

Pick up the Warner Bros. pack for €75, and get Arkham City along with loads of other games? :P

I'm being good to myself for this sale (although, at the expense of my self-control :pac:) - just picked up the HL1 anthology for €3.74, and gonna grab the id pack and Darksiders for €44.99 and €9.99 respectively. I just hope tomorrow's gift pile brings some achievements I can do, since I own none of today's achievement games :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I doubt Arkham or Skyrim will get reduced any, given they've just been released but who knows, maybe Steam will be nice.

Got the EDGE achievement yesterday and now i have coal...hurray! :rolleyes:
    There was this list linked on reddit a few days ago of games going on sale based on the steam registry. The link requires authorisation now, but it's copy+pasted in this comment. I am not certain how legitimate this information is.
    Robby91 wrote: »
    I just hope tomorrow's gift pile brings some achievements I can do, since I own none of today's achievement games :(
    Spiral Knights is free to play and the achievement is easy. I don't know if I could say it's worth downloading and spending time to get through the tutorial though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Almost finished Shadow of the Colossus. It really is a beautiful game. :)

I'm going to start MGS again tomorrow. I'm ridiculously excited. And Skyward Sword will be in my possession soon.

Spiral Knights is free to play and the achievement is easy. I don't know if I could say it's worth downloading and spending time to get through the tutorial though.
    Oh ye, Spiral Knights... I haven't played it in ages so I'd forgotten I even had it installed. Might get it updated and get myself some stuff then :D

EDIT: More coal :(

• Advertisement

Gtetting skyward sword for christmas, cannot blimming wait :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Jako8 wrote: »
    Almost finished Shadow of the Colossus. It really is a beautiful game. :)

I'm going to start MGS again tomorrow. I'm ridiculously excited. And Skyward Sword will be in my possession soon.

MGS.... probably my favourite game ever.

"Snake? Snaake? SSSSNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

cloud493 wrote: »
    Gtetting skyward sword for christmas, cannot blimming wait :D

But you dont have a Wii?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

cloud493 wrote: »
    Decided to get back into pokemon randomly, forgot all about it, started a new game on heartgold yesterday, already done 12 hours :D

I uh, just the beat the pokemon league with 2 ho-oh's and 2 fergaliators :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Robby91 wrote: »
    Pick up the Warner Bros. pack for €75, and get Arkham City along with loads of other games? :P

I'm being good to myself for this sale (although, at the expense of my self-control :pac:) - just picked up the HL1 anthology for €3.74, and gonna grab the id pack and Darksiders for €44.99 and €9.99 respectively. I just hope tomorrow's gift pile brings some achievements I can do, since I own none of today's achievement games :(
    Don't get Darksiders yet! It may be part of the daily deal offers so wait til the last day before picking it up.
    Davidius wrote: »
    There was this list linked on reddit a few days ago of games going on sale based on the steam registry. The link requires authorisation now, but it's copy+pasted in this comment. I am not certain how legitimate this information is.
    Crap >_< why'd i have to be on shíte broadband when the sale happens? Now i can't download any game that isn't <100MB so i'll miss out on those achievements :(
    Example of one such game :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Any recommendations for games to pick up for Christmas for the PS3? The only games I've picked up in the last year was Fifa12 for PS3 and Skyrim for the computer, so I've definitely missed out on a handful of good'uns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Portal 2
    Uncharted 3
    ICO/ SOTC collection
    Arkham City
    Assassins Creed Rev
    Infamous 2
    Resistance 3
    LBP 2

That should do you a while :pac:

Steam has 50% off on Arkham City - not bad.

Davidius wrote: »
    Steam has 50% off on Arkham City - not bad.

Looks like i was wrong :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Portal 2
    Uncharted 3
    ICO/ SOTC collection
    Arkham City
    Assassins Creed Rev
    Infamous 2
    Resistance 3
    LBP 2

That should do you a while :pac:
    Would having played Arkham Asylum enhance the gaming experience or are they stand-alone games?

Also, Deus Ex: Human Revolution?

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Would having played Arkham Asylum enhance the gaming experience or are they stand-alone games?

Also, Deus Ex: Human Revolution?

Get DE. If you liked the first one, you'll like this one. If you've never played the first one, you'll like this one.

The only thing I didn't like about this one were the boss fights, where you were forced to go all guns blazing, which totally took me out of the experience. But I guess that's what happens when you outsource part of your game to an external studio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

Battlefield 3 Jackobyte :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Jackobyte wrote: »

Play Arkham Asylum anyway. Awesome game

Looks like i was wrong :o
    Keep being wrong and Skyrim might even become cheap too. -5% I'd say.

Now that people have started mentioning Skyward Sword I'm reminded that I now have the opportunity to actually play it properly, only been able to play intermittently over the last while. Gone kill me some bokoblins.

Defense Grid + DLCs for €3.50, glad i didn't buy it when it was €7

/cheap :cool:

• Advertisement

I shouldn't play pokemon, I just obsess over it :D

Today's Steam deals seem kind of crappy and the only achievement I can get requires downloading and playing some free to play LoL clone. I don't think coal is worth that much.

I have Toki Tori and Defcon downloading atm so hoping to get the achievements for them. Bought Defense Grid yesterday so trying out the achievement for that.

Have you anything good to trade?

Just some coal and a Valve coupon. I got Defence Grid and Psychonauts so hopefully I can use those to generate enough coal to craft another Valve coupon.

I got Zelda windwaker, including OOT bonus disc for 15 quid today :D can't wait to start it, one of my most favorite Zelda's. Picked up spirit tracks as well :D

I'm not sure whether it's a good thing or a bad thing that I have absolutely no idea what ye're on about when ye talk about "coal" and "Valve Coupons"....... :\:\

Think I might set up my SNES again over Christmas, good game of Killer Instinct and Donkey Kong Country 3 are in order. :)

AC: Revelations is not really blowing me away... very samey to the last two, think Ubi need to stop flogging the series very fast, or else it'll become stale and boring. I know they've two teams working on it, so really the team working on AC3 has been working on it since 2, but still...

Just became Captain of Caen in Fifa as well. Top of the league, only Lyon challenging and they're 9 points off. Gotta love amateur mode. :)

Hmm, just received a Tribes Ascend closed beta key. I didn't even realise I'd signed up for the beta, but I won't say no :P First closed beta invite I've received (ever, IIRC) - feels good :>

Audiosurf bought today, been waiting for that game to go on sale :D

Davidius, you want to trade coal for coal to get today's trading achievement?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

I'll take your coal for... coal. Or maybe this Valve reduction voucher I probably won't use. (Unless it's valid until HL3 comes out?)

• Advertisement

Vouchers aren't valid for games released after January 2nd, and Valve, being what they are, i doubt it's going to come out in our lifetime :pac:

Yeah sure add me on steam. Linky in sig

Advertisement