Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Evil Computer Games thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

RolandIRL wrote: »
    Would you not have a recovery address for that email account?

I'm not even 100% positive of which WLID I used. I've been trying to recover the one I think it is, but I can't remember what I put as the security answer, and it doesn't have a second address. :\ I dunno, I'm starting to lose hope at this stage. I might ring customer support or something, but there's not much they can do for me seeing as i can't really prove that I am who i say I am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

If you give them proof of purchase for your Gold membership (like last 4 digits of credit card number or paypal transaction number) or if they can do an IP check (if there's a support forum), you might be able to retrieve your account. Contact them anyway. No harm in trying

RolandIRL wrote: »
    If you give them proof of purchase for your Gold membership (like last 4 digits of credit card number or paypal transaction number) or if they can do an IP check (if there's a support forum), you might be able to retrieve your account. Contact them anyway. No harm in trying

Hopefully they can check the serial number of the console the account was used on or something... I think that's my last dim glimmer of hope.

If all else fails I'll just start crying down the phone and hope they take pity on me. :pac:

Oh fantastic! I've been playing Fifa 12, started my last season as a player before I move on to management, playing with SM Caen in France, only to find out after a few games that we literally have enough players to field a team when EVERYONE is fit. And guess what? One of my players just got injured for 3 months!!! so Now we've to forfeit all the games, and I keep getting emails from managment acting like it's my fault! Seriously, there're so many bugs in Fifa games over the past few years. :\

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Oh fantastic! I've been playing Fifa 12, started my last season as a player before I move on to management, playing with SM Caen in France, only to find out after a few games that we literally have enough players to field a team when EVERYONE is fit. And guess what? One of my players just got injured for 3 months!!! so Now we've to forfeit all the games, and I keep getting emails from managment acting like it's my fault! Seriously, there're so many bugs in Fifa games over the past few years. :\

Here, FIFA12 won't even recognize my controls *buys PES*

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭windingo

Skyrim won't let me sleep at night. I can hear it whispering to me from beyond my bed in the dark of my room. "Dovakhiiin..."

Ugh, play.com won't let me order Max Payne 3... it says "This item can only be delivered to a UK address". Which is written right under another notice that says "items priced in euros can only be delivered to addresses outside the UK." it's priced as 134e. WTF! :(:( Seriously, this week could not be going worse for me games wise. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Ugh, play.com won't let me order Max Payne 3... it says "This item can only be delivered to a UK address". Which is written right under another notice that says "items priced in euros can only be delivered to addresses outside the UK." it's priced as 134e. WTF! :(:( Seriously, this week could not be going worse for me games wise. :(

Deliver to your address, but change Ireland to Northern Ireland, and put BT11AA in for the postcode. The kind folks in Belfast will redirect it to your house.

Deliver to your address, but change Ireland to Northern Ireland, and put BT11AA in for the postcode. The kind folks in Belfast will redirect it to your house.

Seriously?

Is this a common issue or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Seriously?

Is this a common issue or something?

It's never failed me when anything has claimed UK only shipping. Just pretend Wicklow is in the North, the Brits can't tell the difference, but the Nordies just go "ffs, another package meant to go to the republic" and forward it on with a black marker through the postcode.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I picked up crysis 2 for a tenner last week, only just started it. Its really good :) specially for a tenner. Looks amazing, and the suit powers work really well.

It's never failed me when anything has claimed UK only shipping. Just pretend Wicklow is in the North, the Brits can't tell the difference, but the Nordies just go "ffs, another package meant to go to the republic" and forward it on with a black marker through the postcode.

Cheers man, my deliver address of "Blah, Blah, Mallow, Co. Cork, Northern Ireland, BT11AA" was happily accepted. :pac:

Just hope they accept the payment now... for some reason there're two orders on my account, one that says "Preordered", one that says "Verify", so I'm cancelling the "Verify" one and hoping for the best. :)

134e but well worth it... shed load of included DLC, a class Max Payne Statue, a bullet shaped keychain and some artwork. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

134e but well worth it... shed load of included DLC, a class Max Payne Statue, a bullet shaped keychain and some artwork
    134 for a special edition? :eek:

Robby91 wrote: »
    134 for a special edition? :eek:

But the statue.... so pretty! Plus all the rest!

I normally never buy special editions, but I'm making an exception this year. Getting this, the Mass Effect 3 N7 Edition, and maybe the Assassin's Creed 3 special depending on what's in it.

But the statue.... so pretty! Plus all the rest!

I normally never buy special editions, but I'm making an exception this year. Getting this, the Mass Effect 3 N7 Edition, and maybe the Assassin's Creed 3 special depending on what's in it.

Well, I don't mean to burst your bubble, but GamePlay are selling it for €119.96 at current exchanges rates :pac:

Well, I don't mean to burst your bubble, but GamePlay are selling it for €119.96 at current exchanges rates :pac:

:pac:

Yerra, for the sake of 14 quid i won't lose much sleep. I'll just hold out some hope that play will drop the price between here and March.

One thing that worries me is that it's R* making the game... not Remedy... so it could be a sh*te game... let's hope they keep the feel of the other ones.

50e deposit on PS vita. Can't wait :D

cloud493 wrote: »
    50e deposit on PS vita. Can't wait :D

PSvita is one sexy piece of kit... I've never had a handheld console (well apart from my brother's Game Boy) but I'm seriously thinking of getting it eventually (when it comes down in price a bit)

I know :D 250e for the console, 40 for a game, 40 for a memory card, sorted. Can't wait :D

I know :D 250e for the console, 40 for a game, 40 for a memory card, sorted. Can't wait :D
    Doooood, use the € key :p Or set it up.

• Advertisement

It doesn't come with a memory card of any description as standard, or are you just getting a higher-capacity one?

Doooood, use the € key :p Or set it up.

My laptop has a determination never to use the euro symbol, or fadas.

(And I've followed many guides for the fadas and it still won't work. :P)

Just got Forza 4, now I have to make a final decision, do I draw a line under my gamertag with 14000G and go back to the one with 355G so I can go online... or do I plug away... :(

My laptop has a determination never to use the euro symbol, or fadas.

(And I've followed many guides for the fadas and it still won't work. :P)
    Goo into language/keyboard settings and change your keyboard to European Irish/International :p

It doesn't come with a memory card of any description as standard, or are you just getting a higher-capacity one?

It has a sort of built in memory for games. But some games will require a separate memory card, including uncharted, so its well worth it.

Goo into language/keyboard settings and change your keyboard to European Irish/International :p

Did that about four months ago, still doesn't work. :P

What's a good site to buy some used games? Something a little more trustworthy than ebay... there're some 360 games from around the time of the launch/early life of the console that I'd love to get copies of, but Gamestop don't have them.

Did that about four months ago, still doesn't work. :P

What's a good site to buy some used games? Something a little more trustworthy than ebay... there're some 360 games from around the time of the launch/early life of the console that I'd love to get copies of, but Gamestop don't have them.

Amazon/Cex.

Ugh, play rejected my Laser card, even though it said they had pre-ordered the thing for me... so I've switched my card to my O2 Money card (which currently has no money on it, but I hope to christ AIB are quick to transfer the money across) and it's still giving a warning saying "Your Account has been declined".... I hope this thing goes through once the money is put on my card 'cos I can't order this anywhere else now seeing as it's the 16th...

Oh my fu*king lord. You can't transfer save files between gamertags?!!? For Christ sake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

I am being tempted by the devil that is CODMOD3.... if I can find it on the cheaps, I will probably jump for it. I'VE BECOME EVERYTHING I'VE EVER HATED

Advertisement