Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Evil Computer Games thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

You mean, it may be cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

cloud493 wrote: »
    You mean, it may be cheaper.

No, I mean it will be cheaper.

Got a link to the source to back that up? It took Sony two years to make the PS3 affordable, can't really expect anything from them.

Got a link to the source to back that up? It took Sony two years to make the PS3 affordable, can't really expect anything from them.

It's being received with lukewarm reception in Japan. Japan where they eat up everything Sony dishes out. There is little to no hype about it here. Handheld consoles are not big sellers. Nintendo couldn't even shift 3DS-es, dropped price. It doesn't take a market analyst to tell you that the price will be decreased for the PSV by Christmas.

Because the software isn't there :3 Monster hunter is due out. The japanese like monster hunter. It will shift units.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Monster Hunter will shift mad units if the PSP's history is anything to go by (the PSP version of Monster Hunter practically saved the console in Japan. well, it sold anyway, but MH pushed a million or more units by itself) but let's face it, that's not going to shift units here (I know like.. two people who liked that game). If the 3DS is anything to go by, a price drop will happen near Xmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭marko93

Price drop, more games and a slight OS manipulation and I'll buy a Vita. Until then, no single game or multitude of games for that system could change my mnd. Untill then, i'll use my Experia Play.

Thats fair enough, it is a steep price tag. Anyhwozzles. Rayman origins is a joy to play, highly reccomended. Love it <3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Just found a box of old playstation 1 games. I cannot explain how excited I am right now :D

Spyro: Year of The Dragon, Rugrats: Search for Reptar, Crash Bash, Croc: Legend of the Gobbos, Pipe Mania 3D, Tekken 2, Street Skater 2, Theme Park World.

That Law exam is so not getting studied for.

• Advertisement

Well I've never even seen the star wars films, so :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

...Hey, I don't even care about Star Wars in the slightest.
    But Battlefront 3 is big news.

Well I've never even seen the star wars films, so :pac:
    ...gtfo
    Colm! wrote: »
    ...Hey, I don't even care about Star Wars in the slightest.
    But Battlefront 3 is big news.
    I honestly hope it's true and being developed.

If i bide my time and money correctly, i'll have a well built computer by then to run it.
    MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH >:3

I <3 red dead redemption. Brilliant game, specially as I don't like GTA 4./

Soul Calibur IV is my choice of procrastination tonight, since I left all those Playstation games at home by mistake >.>

Aoifey! wrote: »
    Soul Calibur IV is my choice of procrastination tonight, since I left all those Playstation games at home by mistake >.>
    I love that game. So much fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

EA... Y U TROLLING US?

I've my N7 Edition of ME3 pre-ordered so it doesn't affect me per sé, but Jesus... Slight
    Having a fúcking PROTHEAN as paid DLC on day 1? What the hell!
    This is critical to the lore of the series! It'd be grand if twas DLC only available by online pass like Xaeid in ME2, but having to pay 20quid more to get something so critical is disgusting.

marko93 wrote: »
    I love that game. So much fun.

Isn't it? I had to make a new xbox live profile due to my email being hacked so I'm starting again from the beginning, last night I did the story with 12 characters.

Isn't it? I had to make a new xbox live profile due to my email being hacked so I'm starting again from the beginning, last night I did the story with 12 characters.

Ahhhh, i wish I never traded it in :( 12 Characters? Woah! That's dedication :P

Ahhhh, i wish I never traded it in :( 12 Characters? Woah! That's dedication :P

It's such a good game, I had almost all the weapons and stuff bought on my old profile. I could never get too far in the Tower of Souls though!

• Advertisement

It's such a good game, I had almost all the weapons and stuff bought on my old profile. I could never get too far in the Tower of Souls though!

I had very little, was never too good at it :P ToS is a pain to progress through >_>

Started MGS3 on the HD collections... I'd forgotten there was no radar.... not sure if I'm gonna like this as much as I did when I had cheats for stealth camo and stuff. :\:\

I had very little, was never too good at it :P ToS is a pain to progress through >_>

It really is. I can't wait to get Soul Calibur V, gotta find money first though :P

It really is. I can't wait to get Soul Calibur V, gotta find money first though :P
    Same as myself. Once I have the dosh, it will be gotten.

I'm really pissed off at EA. When I first got BF3, the campaign either when it opened, or during a mission, crashed. And it always crashed at the same point during the second mission, preventing me from progressing past that point. It usually worked on multiplayer.

There was an update to BF3. I no longer crash in that part of the mission. I crash about a minute later.

PS vita is amazing :D

PS vita is amazing :D

a friend of mine got one, I was severely underwhelmed by it.

Doesn't surprise me :pac: I love this thing. Hardly put it down.

Yeah... so started playing MGS: Peace Walker.... not blown away I have to say. It seems that with all the new additions they made to the gameplay aspects they managed to destroy what I loved about the games. Camera control is a bit annoying. I mean, in MGS2 I remember thinking, "OK, if they just let me look all around when I'm pressed against a wall I'd be happy". and then they go and do what they did.... not a happy bunny. Don't think I'll finish that or MGS3 this time around I think.

Time to start my Mass Effect playthroughs finally I think.

• Advertisement

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Yeah... so started playing MGS: Peace Walker.... not blown away I have to say. It seems that with all the new additions they made to the gameplay aspects they managed to destroy what I loved about the games. Camera control is a bit annoying. I mean, in MGS2 I remember thinking, "OK, if they just let me look all around when I'm pressed against a wall I'd be happy". and then they go and do what they did.... not a happy bunny. Don't think I'll finish that or MGS3 this time around I think.

Time to start my Mass Effect playthroughs finally I think.

Think thats bad, should have tried peace walker on the PSP >.<
    I'm gonna be playing mass effect 2 as well, mass effect 3 is only a week or so away :D

Advertisement