Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Evil Computer Games thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

cloud493 wrote: »
    Doesn't surprise me :pac: I love this thing. Hardly put it down.
    Battery life would be a deal breaker for me. 3 hours just isn't enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Think thats bad, should have tried peace walker on the PSP >.<
    I'm gonna be playing mass effect 2 as well, mass effect 3 is only a week or so away :D

Syked for ME3. :D N7 Edition pre-ordered since before Christmas. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

Jay P wrote: »
    I could be wrong, but wasn't GTA: Vice City originally only on PS2? That's definitely one the greatest games ever created.

vice city was out on pc as well and it was better then the ps2 version

pc version of vice city had a player made mod called multi-theft auto that allowed more than one player (upto 16) run around the same city map killing each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Battery life would be a deal breaker for me. 3 hours just isn't enough.

Whoever said 3 hours is talking rubbish :rolleyes: maybe its with full brightness and sound and all that, but I've got mine on full volume, nearly full bright, I get six hours before it needs charging again.

Can't wait for mass effect 3 :D just gonna get the regular edition though.

Whoever said 3 hours is talking rubbish :rolleyes: maybe its with full brightness and sound and all that, but I've got mine on full volume, nearly full bright, I get six hours before it needs charging again.

Can't wait for mass effect 3 :D just gonna get the regular edition though.

Average battery life from what I've heard is about 5 hours. Pretty decent in fairness considering the power of the yoke.

EA are screwing everyone who gets the regular edition. If you get the regular edition you later will have to buy a pretty key to the story character
    a mother****in' PROTHEAN!
    which you get for free with the N7. It's a bit scummy of them, seeing since you'd imagine that character is pretty pivotal to the story.

• Advertisement

Well in Final Fantasy 13-2 you have to pay to see some of the endings :rolleyes:

Well in Final Fantasy 13-2 you have to pay to see some of the endings :rolleyes:

Yeah... the industry is determined to fúck itself. All this day one DLC bullshít will eventually be what cripples the market imho.

I'm getting N7 Edition of ME because I love the games. I've been playing the series since 08, and since this is the last in the Shepard trilogy I want to get a collector's edition. But to think that by buying it I'm in a way supporting this marketing angle, honestly made me think about cancelling the pre-order.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

So, in a demonstration of my unbelieveable skill in L4D2, I managed to die (without being attacked by any Infected) before leaving the safe zone on the first map of The Parish... >_>

For those who have no idea what I'm talking about, this would be the area I'm talking about
    All this day one DLC bullshít will eventually be what cripples the market imho
    I would've thought the problem is with people paying money for this DLC. Until it comes to the point where it becomes unprofitable to try and sell it, developers and/or publishers have no reason not to do it since it would seem to be a viable source of revenue for them.

How much is this N7 edition anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭marko93

Robby91 wrote: »
    So, in a demonstration of my unbelieveable skill in L4D2, I managed to die (without being attacked by any Infected) before leaving the safe zone on the first map of The Parish... >_>
    I imagine this to be your reaction..
    hurr-durr-derp-face-first-i-was-like-then-i-was-like.jpg

But seriously... how the fcuk did you manage that?

• Advertisement

How much is this N7 edition anyway?

About 70 quid. Can't remember tbh. It's about 20-30 more than the std. ed. but you get some cool stuff with it.

I don't have a problem with DLC per sé, as long as it doesn't restrict huge chunks of the story. Weapon packs, a bit iffy, if they're stat-identical to other weapons then grand. But this character in ME3 is pretty story critical. And to force people who didn't buy the N7 to have to pay more is a pretty dicky move. If you're releasing story content on day one, then everyone should get it. Even if you make it so you need a code to get it like Xaeid in ME2.

But seriously... how the fcuk did you manage that?
    I jumped to avoid a Charger who probably would've thrown me over the railing if he hit me :P Although, while falling to my watery grave, I did take a moment to wonder why Nick didn't grab onto the handrail like just about every other time :|

And my reaction? This sums it up nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭marko93

That's just un-lucky. Seriously un-lucky!

Beat the time trials that had been bugging me on wipeout 2048 :D one in particular, had to do 2 laps in 150 seconds, kept getting like, 150.09 or something, finally got it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

So.. I bought a PS3. Why? SSX. Oh god, I love SSX.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

All our memory cards are full and we're after playing Crash Bash for 6 hours. It's gonna kill me to turn it off unsaved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Anyone with a ps3, get PS+ I command you!
    15 every 3 months or 50 for the year and you get a silly amount of free games for it.
    Free Sly Cooper & Trine 2 this months \o/ (Would be 10 each otherwise)

I think my PS vita is broken :/ wee bit irritating.

Rugrats Search for Reptar :D

Scared myself with the Let There be Light bit where there are ghosts everywhere...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Aoifey! wrote: »
    Rugrats Search for Reptar :D

Scared myself with the Let There be Light bit where there are ghosts everywhere...

I used to love that game :eek:

• Advertisement

I used to love that game :eek:

It's so much fun!! Tommy rocks.

Mass Effect 3..... so hard to stay away from spoilers. The main groups I'm in on FB are all American so they're already playing it... and I've had to cut myself off from the thread on boards as well just in case.... And I won't get to play it until Sunday night. :(

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Mass Effect 3..... so hard to stay away from spoilers. The main groups I'm in on FB are all American so they're already playing it... and I've had to cut myself off from the thread on boards as well just in case.... And I won't get to play it until Sunday night. :(

I'm getting it Friday, and I don't even play these games :pac:

I'm getting it Friday, and I don't even play these games :pac:

Oh, it'll be delivered to my house on Friday. I will go home on Friday. And pick it up. But I will have to wait until I come back to college to play it 'cos my Xbox and TV are here. #sickened!

Oh, it'll be delivered to my house on Friday. I will go home on Friday. And pick it up. But I will have to wait until I come back to college to play it 'cos my Xbox and TV are here. #sickened!

Never mind, I'l keep you updated :3

Never mind, I'l keep you updated :3

*blocks cloud493*

*blocks cloud493*

*Somehow finds you on xbox/facebook and tells you that way :pac: *

*Somehow finds you on xbox/facebook and tells you that way :pac: *

I'm initiating a media blackout from Friday onwards I think. Don't want to hear anything. No impressions, no slight spoilers, no nothing. I already know too much for my own liking to be honest. Who knows, without going on boards all weekend I might actually get some work done...

I'm initiating a media blackout from Friday onwards I think. Don't want to hear anything. No impressions, no slight spoilers, no nothing. I already know too much for my own liking to be honest. Who knows, without going on boards all weekend I might actually get some work done...

I won't really spoil it :p wont play it myself till next week probably. Busy all weekend, up north so I'l probably be on Vita/DS.

• Advertisement

Started getting into Tribes Ascend a bit more since it entered Open Beta and... bloody hell, it's fun. I can't remember the last time I played such a fast-paced FPS, and midair Spinfusor/Thumper kills are awesome to get :D

Advertisement