Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Evil Computer Games thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

WOOOT WOOOOT!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Journey on PS3
    Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭marko93

Journey on PS3
    That looks beautiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Journey on PS3
    Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

You bastard :mad: I really want it, but it'll cost me a tenner next week, and 22 pound to play it today, so :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

marko93 wrote: »
    That looks beautiful.

It is. Had it beaten in 90 minutes and I didnt want more or less. I was just happy :D
    Graphics, Atmosphere, simple gameplay and the score.
    /sigh

• Advertisement

It is. Had it beaten in 90 minutes and I didnt want more or less. I was just happy :D
    Graphics, Atmosphere, simple gameplay and the score.
    /sigh
    How much is it? D:

Edit: It's a PS Plus exclusive :(

marko93 wrote: »
    How much is it? D:

Its a tenner next week. Its out early for PS+ subscribers.

cloud493 wrote: »
    Its a tenner next week. Its out early for PS+ subscribers.

Then next week it will be purchased >:3

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Copy of Mass Effect 3 didn't arrive.... looks like I'm gonna have to avoid all video game media for the next two weeks now until I'm home again to collect it. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

In other news, I now have Mass Effect 3. >_>

• Advertisement

Colm! wrote: »

**** *** *** ******* ******!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

A friend of mine has finished it already. I don't understand how he could get any satisfaction from ploughing through it like that..

I've not even started it, plouging through an install screen now. I'll take my time to it though. I barely play any video games anymore (last one I got, Skyrim, I have yet to even finish) so this will be niiice.

Journey is now on the store for non PS+ members :D

Journey is just..... wow. I don't even know how to describe it. Absolutely brilliant.

For those at all interested, Ratchet and Clank HD collection announced and dated to come out May 16 :D

215251.png

Have been playing the HD Collection of MGS, more specifically Peace Walker. Fúcking loving it so I am. Love the micromanagement of the Mother Base. Only thing that could make it better for me would be having the Soliton Radar like in the original and MGS2, but I understand why that can't happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

For those at all interested, Ratchet and Clank HD collection announced and dated to come out May 16 :D

Yes yes yes yes yes. I'd also like a PS3 version of Canis Canem, please.

Yes yes yes yes yes. I'd also like a PS3 version of Canis Canem, please.

Is that rockstar?

Yeah, known as Bully in other countries iirc. Brilliant game. Would love to see R* do more with it.

• Advertisement

Yeah, known as Bully in other countries iirc. Brilliant game. Would love to see R* do more with it.

It's fair amazing. Have been looking to get a copy of the Scholarship Ed. for 360 for a while. Would love them to do another game like it with the GTAIV engine, though I can't see that ever happening tbh.

There we go. Vaguely recalled the name.

I started playing the jak and daxter collection on friday. Tis good stuff, first time I played them.

I'll FINALLY be able to play Mass Effect 3 tonight! Come 4:30 I'm locking myself in my room and playing for at least 12 hours, only stopping to get takeaway. S'gonna be a good night!

Have been playing MGS: Peace Walker lately (and before anyone asks why I have time for that and not ME3, well it's because once I start ME3 I won't be able to stop...) and it's really growing on me. Have just got the option for Outer Ops, and I'm loving the general micro-management of men. I just wish I understood the outer ops more, the formations confuse me a bit.

Can't be arsed with mass effect 3. What a load of rubbish. Gonna trade it in for the devil may cry collection.

Can't be arsed with mass effect 3. What a load of rubbish. Gonna trade it in for the devil may cry collection.

*asks mods to ban cloud from the games thread for the above*

From Friday night until Wednesday I put in 50+ hours in Mass Effect. :)

Its just a load of talking. And the overal story isn't that good anyway. 'WE NEED THE SARIANS' 'WE NEED THE KROGANS' WE NEED THE... INSERT GENERIC ALIEN NAME' blah blah.

Its just a load of talking. And the overal story isn't that good anyway. 'WE NEED THE SARIANS' 'WE NEED THE KROGANS' WE NEED THE... INSERT GENERIC ALIEN NAME' blah blah.

I'm gonna assume you haven't played the other 2? It's a series where you have to be invested in it from the start to truly enjoy.

If you picked up ME3 without having played at least ME2 to a high level of detail, you won't get the intricacies of the story.

ME3
    : Getting the Turians and Krogan to work together was something you could never have imagined happening in ME1, it's akin to getting the Israelis and Palestinians united to fight the US. And the decision between siding with the geth or the quarians was truly one of the hardest decisions I've ever made in a game. And when Mordin sacrificed himself on Tuchanka I actually cried.

The overlying story is generic, but the underlying intricacies and relationships are what make the game so epic imho.

Oh, and if you think this one was all talking, DON'T play ME1, because this one is the most restrictive when it comes to conversations.

I paid... £130 was it? When the xbox 360 arcade model came out in 2008, and I got it, halo 3, gears of war, viva pinata, and mass effect. The first 3 = brilliant. Mass effect = I returned it on the same day I bought it, what a load of ****e.

• Advertisement

I paid... £130 was it? When the xbox 360 arcade model came out in 2008, and I got it, halo 3, gears of war, viva pinata, and mass effect. The first 3 = brilliant. Mass effect = I returned it on the same day I bought it, what a load of ****e.

Sorry no. Your opinion is invalid [to me at least] if you just returned it without giving it a fair go. If it's not your type of game, then fine. But to say it's "a load of ****e" when you hardly played any of the series is ill informed.

Advertisement