Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Evil Computer Games thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

cloud493 wrote: »
    If Sony don't have super cool news for vita games at gamescom or whatever its called, I'm trading mine in for one of those 3DS XL's :cool:

It's getting ridiculous at this stage. Sony are still releasing games for the PSP like. I can't think of the last time there's been some decent Vita news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD came out the other day and good lord it is awful. Activision cannot do anything right at all, ruining a classic game.

Controls are dire and hangtime feels like you are floating in space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭Supermensch

Started playing Thief:The Dark Project. Pretty good, I usually don't enjoy stealth in games, but standing in the shadows listening to guards talking about "The Builder" (Think Jesus with a hammer) is quite amusing.

Started playing Thief:The Dark Project. Pretty good, I usually don't enjoy stealth in games, but standing in the shadows listening to guards talking about "The Builder" (Think Jesus with a hammer) is quite amusing.

I've heard good things about that game... any idea how much it is?

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I've heard good things about that game... any idea how much it is?

€6 on Steam, for nothing imo.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/211600/

(It's the same game, just re-released under the name Thief Gold)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

I have Thief 2, The Metal Age around somewhere.

Creeped me the fuck out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I own all the thief games but I can never get them to run on my computer, sad stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Lawliet wrote: »
    I own all the thief games but I can never get them to run on my computer, sad stuff

Hmm. Compatibility mode perhaps? I'd imagine the first two games at least would easily run on any computer.

Lawliet wrote: »

What processor do you have? Dark Engine, the game engine Thief and System Shock use, has trouble with multiple processor cores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD came out the other day and good lord it is awful. Activision cannot do anything right at all, ruining a classic game.

Controls are dire and hangtime feels like you are floating in space.

Developed by Robomondo whos only other games were TH Ride and TH Dhread. It was never going to end well. They dont know decent physics from chronic diarrhea

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Yeahhh elite beat agents is so good :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Thief are such good games, many people have never of them!

I got Thief for the xbox (works on 360) for 4 euro. Worth it Shalebridge Cradle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

I got myself NCAA13 and it's fairly damn good :D well worth my hours of trying to get an o2 card working on eBay because EA refuse to stock this side of the pond... loving it so far, well worth looking into if your a fan of college football which I'm sure there's about 43 people in all of Ireland who are :p

secondly - the Olympics games is horrendously ****e :pac: surprise surprise

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    secondly - the Olympics games is horrendously ****e :pac: surprise surprise

I saw that in Gamestop today and am ashamed to admit I contemplated picking it up for the laugh. :P :P

I did buy Spec Ops: The Line though, has gotten some great reviews, haven't had a chance to get it going yet.

On a gaming note however, I realised today that I can no longer buy games from Gamestop. I had Spec Ops in my hand, but just as I was about to go and pay I thought "No... this box is covered in stickers, and is slightly damaged (even though it was a "New" copy"... I put it down and bought the game in Tesco, who had it in a huge plastic box, and wrapped in plastic wrap.

#OCD

Gonna be a good weekend. 3DS XL, New super mario bros 2, pokemon conquest, and kingdom hearts 3D :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

On a gaming note however, I realised today that I can no longer buy games from Gamestop. I had Spec Ops in my hand, but just as I was about to go and pay I thought "No... this box is covered in stickers, and is slightly damaged (even though it was a "New" copy"... I put it down and bought the game in Tesco, who had it in a huge plastic box, and wrapped in plastic wrap.

#OCD
    Your not the only one who feels like that but my local tesco has about 3 games that probably cost 90 quid each :P does piss me off no end with all the price stickers they decide to put on the cases and they literally are impossible to get off without leaving the glue residue which is an even bigger mes.... I love cases spotless.. Extravision are no better and are generally more expensive and have less choice so has to be Gamestop for me

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    Your not the only one who feels like that but my local tesco has about 3 games that probably cost 90 quid each :P does piss me off no end with all the price stickers they decide to put on the cases and they literally are impossible to get off without leaving the glue residue which is an even bigger mes.... I love cases spotless.. Extravision are no better and are generally more expensive and have less choice so has to be Gamestop for me

I order all my games online now from Gamestop.ie. Always come sealed in plastic, love that new game smell. :P

I used to put up with the stickers because I used to buy used games a lot since they were so cheap, but now I always buy new games, so I want the box to be new, and not covered in crap. I actually paid about 5 quid more in Tesco for the game I got, but I reckon twas worth it for the clean case. :)

I recently started replaying the wii versions of the metroid prime games. Brilliant games <3 best first person games I've ever played, by far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

I order all my games online now from Gamestop.ie. Always come sealed in plastic, love that new game smell.

I don't get this any more because I buy all my games on steam. Yay steam, yay PC gaming master race.

I don't get this any more because I buy all my games on steam. Yay steam, yay PC gaming master race.

Oh you're one of *those* people....

*Adds PseudoFamous to Ignore List... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Delightfully Pessimistic

I got a my Xbox Live membership renewed today and of course none of my mates are online :rolleyes: I honestly don't know what to play :pac:

So new super mario bros 2 is fun. The coin collecting aspect is much cooler than you'd think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭marko93

Need games to play. No money to buy games. Such is first world problems.

marko93 wrote: »
    Need games to play. No money to buy games. Such is first world problems.

If you ever have 7.99, I recommend Thomas Was Alone. Awesome game.

You could also head over to IndieCity and pick up some of the free games there. Great way to pass an evening.

I'm currently playing Sleeping Dogs, which really is rather good. Haven't played enough to get a full idea of whether I'll like it long term, but signs are good.

Also picked up the Collector's Edition of Black and White 2 for a tenner on Amazon, so once I've got failing these exams out of the way I'll be able to scratch this city building itch I've been having lately.

I'm currently doing a nuzlocke run of pokemon heartgold :D for those who don't know, a nuzlocke run is playing a pokemon game by a specific set of rules,

- Nickname all your pokemon
    - You can only catch the first pokemon you find on a route. You knock that pokemon out, you don't get another, you don't have pokeballs, don't get another one.
    - If a pokemon is knocked out, its considered dead and can't be used
    - If you lose a battle, its game over.

With those rules, I have

Irwin the croconaw
    Stunfisk the golbat
    COCA-COLA the geodude
    Esther the drowsee :D

cloud493 wrote: »
    - Nickname all your pokemon

Tedious, but all right....
    - You can only catch the first pokemon you find on a route. You knock that pokemon out, you don't get another, you don't have pokeballs, don't get another one.

By only one Pokemon per route, if you go from (for example) Serulean City back to Pallet Town, and then turn around to go back, is the return journey considered a new route?
    - If a pokemon is knocked out, its considered dead and can't be used

Boo-urns!!! That's a brutal rule, my pokemon spend more time knocked out than they do awake. :(
    - If you lose a battle, its game over.

And with that, all chances of me ever undertaking to do this just died. :pac:

Tedious, but all right....

By only one Pokemon per route, if you go from (for example) Serulean City back to Pallet Town, and then turn around to go back, is the return journey considered a new route?

Boo-urns!!! That's a brutal rule, my pokemon spend more time knocked out than they do awake. :(

And with that, all chances of me ever undertaking to do this just died. :pac:

Nope. The first time you go on a route, or place, is considered the only time you can catch a pokemon. You miss it, you can't catch another one on that route.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭marko93

Jesus cloud, from my time a /b/ I've heard of such crazy play through's, but seldom heard of someone doing it.

The only question I have left;

Blue
    Yellow
    Silver
    Or Ruby.

Tis a tough call.... yellow or silver :pac:

• Advertisement

So Matt's nuzlocke run, we took three casualties, esther the drowsee, Rowling the koffing, and RORYPOND the growlithe, RIP :( but then we added Umbridge the eevee, and RORYPOND2 the magmar :D

Advertisement