Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Evil Computer Games thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Yeah, but I can download TF2, which is four times the size, overnight, whilst having a max speed of 300kb/s. Black Mesa would take a few hours at most without putting much of a dent in your limits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Colm! wrote: »
    Yeah, but I can download TF2, which is four times the size, overnight, whilst having a max speed of 300kb/s. Black Mesa would take a few hours at most without putting much of a dent in your limits.

You would think strongly against doing it if you had less than 30GB a month to go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Ah, Borderlands 2 pre-loaded, now I just have to wait until Friday :( It was only 4.5GB (I think) to preload which, considering the size of the first game, sounds waaaaaaaay off... hopefully I won't have to download the rest of it on the Friday, or else I'm going to be very annoyed :p

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

Robby91 wrote: »
    Ah, Borderlands 2 pre-loaded, now I just have to wait until Friday :( It was only 4.5GB (I think) to preload which, considering the size of the first game, sounds waaaaaaaay off... hopefully I won't have to download the rest of it on the Friday, or else I'm going to be very annoyed :p

Was thinking the same thing,super excited for it,gonna be unreal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

26 days to pokemon black 2 :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Downloaded Rayman Origins. I can see my college work suffering already :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Playing Spore on my TV with my new keyboard is fantastiche. :)

ARGH!

Four hours. FOUR. HOURS.

Down the f*cking drain for no reason.

Playing Spore, finally managed to eradicate my enemy's empire and took over their homeworld, and then had to quickly dash off to fight some pirates raiding one of my planets, then had war declared on me by another empire and had to defend against them, and the game crashes. Losing EVERYTHING.

I know it's partly my own fault for not saving, but when the game keeps throwing things at you to deal with then saving becomes the furthest thing from my mind, especially when I'm having such a good time.

F*cking hate PC gaming so much at times.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    F*cking hate PC gaming so much at times.

That's spore's fault, not PC gaming's. Every decent game (beyond anything by maxis) has quicksave button, an autosave and a functionally unlimited number of save slots.

That's spore's fault, not PC gaming's. Every decent game (beyond anything by maxis) has quicksave button, an autosave and a functionally unlimited number of save slots.

Not just Maxis. Used to happen randomly with H&D2 back in the day as well, as well as a number of others.

On a positive note, whatever seed I got when I rebooted the game allowed me to achieve those 4 hours of progress in just about an hour, so I'm happy again. :)

• Advertisement

Not just Maxis. Used to happen randomly with H&D2 back in the day as well, as well as a number of others.
    Used to happen randomly with H&D2 back in the day as well
    H&D2

H&D2 came out in 2003. This is the same 2003 that the PS2 was using 8mb save cards, and most console games didn't have autosave anyway.

Borderlands 2 is to arrive this week. Yeah I preordered a physical copy online, probably a poor choice. But it's giving me time to play some Black Mesa while I wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

Has anybody played borderlands 2 yet? It looks like a fun game to play with a mate :)

If anyone else is getting it on the PC they need to get on here immediately so we can organise to play together. I've not played it yet but the original is one of my favourite PC games of the last few years.

Just made my first proper mod* for Oblivion. :)

*Ok, when I say "mod", I mean I moved a jug from being on the top shelf to being on the bar, but IT STILL COUNTS GOD DAMN IT! :D

If you play Borderlands 2, add me on Steam and we'll shoot things together sometime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Today was devoted to Fifa 13.

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Today was devoted to Fifa 13.

What's the career mode like? I've heard good things and the previews looked interesting....

My day was devoted to pokemon firered, and the original pokemon red. Just for a contrasting look.

What's the career mode like? I've heard good things and the previews looked interesting....
    Only starting it now. Spent the day playing it with friends so couldn't try it out. Will report back.

• Advertisement

Only starting it now. Spent the day playing it with friends so couldn't try it out. Will report back.
    Similar to old one with some added details such as the ability to make enquiries about players with the response telling you how much they want for the player, and pop-ups alerting you when rivals show interest in buying players, so you know when Man City are making a move for Hamsik, etc. You can also manage a national team simultaneously to managing a club.

You can also manage a national team simultaneously to managing a club.

That's one feature that has been irritating me for a while. But I suppose I can just opt out of it. :)

Have you tired Be A Pro yet? Have heard that it's been beefed up so that you can be loaned out and stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

I got sick of Fifa manager mode when they stopped letting you get loads of free agents and sell them on straight away. The newer ones don't let you decide what stat you want a player's xp points to go to either do they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

I really want to buy a video-game, but I can't get interested in anything coming out at the moment. I feel like my soul has died.

I've been replaying bioshock, first time on the PS3. Still great :pac:

That's one feature that has been irritating me for a while. But I suppose I can just opt out of it. :)

Have you tired Be A Pro yet? Have heard that it's been beefed up so that you can be loaned out and stuff.
    I don't play Be A Pro at all. Didn't like the gameplay of it in any of the FIFA's.
    Palytoxin wrote: »
    I got sick of Fifa manager mode when they stopped letting you get loads of free agents and sell them on straight away. The newer ones don't let you decide what stat you want a player's xp points to go to either do they?
    It's all automated now. You don't even see that they've earned XP

So many good games at the moment... So little time with college and all...

Dishonoured
    Fifa 13
    Forza Horizon on the 23rd#
    Assassin's Creed 3 at the end of the month
    Hitman Absolution next month

Bah, I just wanna buy them all and lock myself away and binge...

Dishonoured is good :pac: been engrossed in pokemon black 2 for the past week though.

wait Pokemon Black 2 is out?

• Advertisement

Tis, tis. And its rather good/

Advertisement