Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Evil Computer Games thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Just started FIFA 13...

They took "Nolan" out of the list of commentary names for your Be A Pro...

This is actually devastating. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

Had possibly one of the most enjoyable days I've had in college last week playing FIFA! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Just done an OS flip flop from win7 to win8 and back to win7. Discovered I lost all my saves. Derp.

FIFA 13 is buggy as hell. News reports pop up without player names and just say things like " is doing excellently."

The celebrations are a bit of a joke at times, with players just running in circles and glitching out at times.

Assassin's Creed III Freedom Edition...

*droooooollll*

So pretty. It's all contained in a cool little box that has an inlaid Assassin's crest, and the statue is so cool. That's two CE's this year that were totally worth the extra monies IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    FIFA 13 is buggy as hell. News reports pop up without player names and just say things like " is doing excellently."

The celebrations are a bit of a joke at times, with players just running in circles and glitching out at times.

FIFA  13  IS  DOING  EXCELLENTLY.

I've been playing the Wii remake of Project Zero 2: Crimson Butterfly recently, which I love! Possibly my favourite in the series, and definitely one of my favourite horror games. It's nice to have games with female protagonists who aren't objectified, solve conflict non-violently, and are motivated by sororal rather than romantic love (not that there's anything wrong with the latter, it's just that an exhausting majority of games only explore that form of interpersonal affection). Its horror is refined too - not only do you have plenty of jumpy, visceral scares, but the plot and sound design create a really unsettling atmosphere that makes you feel… sort of scared in anticipation of the next, probably imminent moment in which the game is suddenly going to terrify you. 'Tis great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭marko93

IN such a gaming mood and not a single enjoyable game to play.

marko93 wrote: »
    IN such a gaming mood and not a single enjoyable game to play.

ACIII, Forza Horizon, Sleeping Dogs, Dishonored?

Or if none of those, the original GTA is free on the Rockstar site. :)

ACIII, Forza Horizon, Sleeping Dogs, Dishonored?

Or if none of those, the original GTA is free on the Rockstar site. :)

Was looking into ACIII. Have no money till Friday though :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

So the new Football Manager is out, won't be buying this now.

The game has been mentioned in divorce cases, not lying. Not good if you want to prioritise the more important stuff in life. More important, but not better though. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

flyswatter wrote: »

The game has been mentioned in divorce cases, not lying. Not good if you want to prioritise the more important stuff in life. More important, but not better though. ;)

Yeah football manager is ridiculously addictive, 2000 hours spent on fm 11 and 12 put together :P

I've never played an FM game, but I just happened to read a thread over in the FM forum today that really makes me tempted...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Halo 4 on Tuesday :D

If I can keep my job. Getting an xbox. WEW. THEN HALO SHALL BE MINE.

Halo 4 is some awesome shizz yo.

cloud493 wrote: »
    Halo 4 is some awesome shizz yo.

Hope I can get an xbox soon. THEN BUY ALL THE HALOS

I've never played an FM game, but I just happened to read a thread over in the FM forum today that really makes me tempted...
    You could well fail your college exams and die from lack of sunlight. Word of warning and all that.

You could well fail your college exams and die from lack of sunlight. Word of warning and all that.

If I didn't die from GTAIV (120 hours of gameplay in a week yo :P) then I can handle FM! :D

(probably not actually...)

In other news, Assassin's Creed III is pretty awesome. Not enough climbing so far, but still cool.

And Playstation magazine is closing? Used to love reading it. :(

Finished my first ever Halo game on the XBOX. Jesus, the amount of enjoyment I got out of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

If I didn't die from GTAIV (120 hours of gameplay in a week yo :P) then I can handle FM! :D

that left you with 48 hours to eat, sleep and toilet. That's disgusting.

• Advertisement

I did not buy black ops 2, I decided to give my vita a chance to impress me, and bought black ops declassified. And it stinks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

I preordered Hitman: Absolution because it was going very cheap, and the reviews have been great so far. Nothing like a strangle-happy chrome dome with a ton of shooty guns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

So lads, Steam Autumn* sale. Deus Ex HR for less than €5, g'wan sure.

*Our traditional calendar shamefully overlooked.

Davidius wrote: »
    So lads, Steam Autumn* sale. Deus Ex HR for less than €5, g'wan sure.

*Our traditional calendar shamefully overlooked.

Get it. Brilliant game (terrible, out of place boss fights ignored of course). Such a great story, and when you successfully sneak through a level without getting seen, you feel like a complete badass. Was probably my GOTY last year (I think).

I really need to start using Steam... I got a code for Thomas Was Alone during the week (a gift from the developer because I bought it back in July), so might try it out - see what all the fuss is about. :P

Any of ye see Video Games Live on Sky Arts 1 this evening? An orchestra performing music from games like Mario, Zelda, God of War, Castlevania and Megaman. Repeated again tonight at 1:50am if you missed it and have Sky+ (or suffer from insomnia :P).

Get it. Brilliant game (terrible, out of place boss fights ignored of course). Such a great story, and when you successfully sneak through a level without getting seen, you feel like a complete badass. Was probably my GOTY last year (I think).

I really need to start using Steam... I got a code for Thomas Was Alone during the week (a gift from the developer because I bought it back in July), so might try it out - see what all the fuss is about. :P

Any of ye see Video Games Live on Sky Arts 1 this evening? An orchestra performing music from games like Mario, Zelda, God of War, Castlevania and Megaman. Repeated again tonight at 1:50am if you missed it and have Sky+ (or suffer from insomnia :P).
    Saw half of it a few months back. Pretty great, I think the composer of Castlevania played lead guitar on that song live. Enjoyed it anyway, pretty rocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

There's a THQ Humble Bundle now: https://www.humblebundle.com/

Darksiders, Metro 2033, Red Faction Armageddon, Company of Heroes + OF & ToV. Saints Row 3 if you pay above average ($5.21~€4 at the moment)

I've been looking into buying a few old consoles recently. Mainly want to replace my NES and get a Commodore 64 (after my Mom threw out our old one :mad:).

Found this review on Amazon... :pac:
    Ok it was good for it's time therefore got it's title of being no1. best selling computer of the 80's. Compared to today's computers it's limited such as not being able to connect to the internet which today's computer's can. The media for the computer is obsolete such as cassettes which are no longer used on computers. If looking for retro gaming I would recommend a proper console over this as the hassle to set this up with today's monitors is a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Talk To Frank

Championship Manager 01/02, can't beat a classic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

I've played copious amounts of Into Space 2 this week yet I've exams next week and not opened a book. What's wrong with me!

• Advertisement

Steam. Great bunch of lads. :P

15888_466015363433692_824726425_n.jpg

So what has everyone bought in the sales so far? Sim City 4 for €2.49 was just tempting enough to become my first ever Steam purchase.

Advertisement