Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Evil Computer Games thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

My mother found my brother's old Atari in the attic, this is amazing :pac:

Also, I just realised this is my 4000th post. WOO, ATARI 4000 POST!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I started playing Red Faction: Armageddon.

FUN! FUN! FUN!

Destructible environments FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭AvAv

dat Assassins creed 3 :D

One of my friends bought me Mass Effect for Christmas in the hope that it would "teach me how to aim and not be terrible at vidya games"

Only friends can be sweethearts while hiding it within insults. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Sleeping Dogs is 66% off on steam for the next 11 hours, you'd be a fool to not buy it.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/202170/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Workng my way through Assassins Creed III, loving it so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Snagged Far Cry 3 for €30 after trading in Hitman Absolution which I bought for €32. In my head that works out as some kind of profit I can't even begin to calculate.

Far Cry's very good fun. Just wish the main character wasn't such a doucher and wouldn't shout "I'm coming Lizaaaaaaa!!" while I'm sneaking past guards. Ruins the moment a bit.

Hitman was good, but got a bit tiresome after a while and wasn't as fun as the previous games, mainly because when I played the PS2 games I was a lot younger and thought dumping bodies into garbage trucks was a very novel gameplay mechanic.

I grabbed Tropico 3 for 3.79 on Steam. This pleases me.

Also, have I mentioned how much fun Red Faction is? Why shoot an enemy when you can shoot the platform he's standing on and make it collapse in a cloud of dust and fire? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45 rlsniper789

Playing Tekken Tag Tournament 2 at the moment, and loving it :D I like how every character speaks the language native to their country (e.g. Christie (a Brazilian) speaks Portuguese instead of English, which she spoke in previous games)

I also like how they allow for you to use a song from your library as music for any stage, it's a nice touch.

Oh, and gameplay is solid, graphics are nice, good OST (especially that character select theme), all that good stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Working my way through AC3 aswell as some zombies on Black Ops 2 which I am insanely addicted to at the moment!

I'm not sure what I think of AC yet, seems pretty slow to get into!

Working my way through AC3 aswell as some zombies on Black Ops 2 which I am insanely addicted to at the moment!

I'm not sure what I think of AC yet, seems pretty slow to get into!

And there, ladies and gentlemen, is the understatement of the year.

• Advertisement

Well I am only on sequence 4..you mean.....it....it gets worse? :eek:

Well I am only on sequence 4..you mean.....it....it gets worse? :eek:

Only two more sequences to go before the tutorial is over then! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

I am also playing assasins creed 3, finding it brilliant so far :)

I knew
    Haytham was not to be trusted!! Didn't like him from the start.
    <-- Don't read unless you've started playing Connor.

I've just left the animus and have gone walk about with Desmond, am totally lost!

On a totally unrelated note, Dishonored is the game of 2012 for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

My brother got Assassin's Creed 3 for Christmas so that's waiting for me once I've played lots of Halo 4 (which I got). Halo games aren't my very favourite First Person Shooters (was kinda hoping for Black Ops 2 instead :P), but they're still class! :D

I haven't played enough of AC to make a full judgement on it, all I know is I didn't find what I've played (I'm currently chasing the Indian woman through the woods Haytham and getting attacked by wolves with QTEs) to be as fun as the other games in the series. It just hasn't drawn me in. I haven't played it since November and have no desire to pick it up again tbh.

On a happier note, Bully: Scholarship Edition is a fiver on Steam. Time to beat up some nerds! :D

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I haven't played enough of AC to make a full judgement on it, all I know is I didn't find what I've played (I'm currently chasing the Indian woman through the woods Haytham and getting attacked by wolves with QTEs) to be as fun as the other games in the series. It just hasn't drawn me in. I haven't played it since November and have no desire to pick it up again tbh.

On a happier note, Bully: Scholarship Edition is a fiver on Steam. Time to beat up some nerds! :D

I found it picks up a lot once you start playing as Connor, but even then it takes a while before you get any freedom to do your own thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Football Manager has stolen days of my life since I got it for Christmas.

Anyone have psn on here? Just playing some zombies on Black Ops 2, alone :(, and thinking it would be much more fun with some C&H'ers!

So yeah if anyone wants to play some BO2 online or any othe game really add meh.

Psn name = im-on-a-boat1234

I spent the last hour or so playing Solar 2...

It's such a relaxing game... you just move your asteroid around, and absorb other asteroids to grow... it's so satisfying to have like 20 asteroids orbiting you, then hit one button and you absorb them all. :)

It's also got some great writing so far. Funny stuff.
    One of the first missions: "Your bestest asteroid friend in the universe needs your help. Help him become a planet, it's the least you can do for all he's done for you!". I failed the mission by smashing him into another planet... "HE TRUSTED YOU! And THAT'S how you repay him?! You're a monster!"

I'm also working my way through Assassin's Creed 3. It's still very meh. Probably my least favourite of the AC games. Although the modern day stuff is really good. Wish they'd just done a full modern day game tbh. :(

And the demo for the next Metal Gear game hits next week. It's a hack'n'slash type thing. I'm rather excited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭marko93

Far Cry 3 is excellent. All of you should buy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

I'm glad I discovered that Final Fantasy IV has been ported to iOS! I just finished playing Final Fantasy X (since I never got around to finish it the first time I played it, and I couldn't just leave it go like that!) and needed something to fill the Final Fantasy-shaped void :P

Is it wrong that Euro Truck Simulator 2 looks like a fascinating game to me and I'm actually considering spending 30 quid on it?

Also, I've just discovered what happens if you press the Home button on an Xbox controller while Steam is open... I like it. I like it a lot...

Is it wrong that Euro Truck Simulator 2 looks like a fascinating game to me and I'm actually considering spending 30 quid on it?

is there co-op multiplayer?

is there co-op multiplayer?

I hope not. :P

Seriously though, just heard a description of it on Destructoid's podcast and I'm pretty much sold on it... You even get to stream real life radio stations while you play... Must find out if you can go to Ireland in it... because if you can then I'm buying it right now. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I got sleeping dogs free on PSN+. Not really digging it.

cloud493 wrote: »
    I got sleeping dogs free on PSN+. Not really digging it.

You will like it or you will never be allowed post about video games again. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

See I don't. If I want this kinda of combat I'l go play batman. Which does it better.

cloud493 wrote: »
    See I don't. If I want this kinda of combat I'l go play batman. Which does it better.

GTFO! :mad:

:P

Ah no, I had my issues with the game too, but I loved it overall. In my top 3 of 2012.

I've never played batman (nor do I have any major intention of doing so because superhero stuff bores the arse off me) so I found the combat system to be so much fun compared to other games I've played.

• Advertisement

I've never played batman (nor do I have any major intention of doing so because superhero stuff bores the arse off me) so I found the combat system to be so much fun compared to other games I've played.

Batman's combat system is essentially the same counter-KO style as ACIII except it's more fluid or something. Personally it bores me shitless, sleeping dogs at least had some variation in its missions.

Advertisement