Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Evil Computer Games thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Batman's combat system is essentially the same counter-KO style as ACIII except it's more fluid or something. Personally it bores me shitless, sleeping dogs at least had some variation in its missions.

Yeah, SD had some cool stuff in there. Not enough cop cases for my liking, and as I've said before, I think it would have been a better game if they hadn't resorted to mindless shootouts 2/3 of the way through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Enough about how poor sleeping dogs is.

Ni no kuni - great. Don't know if its too early to start saying one of the games of the year, but, its excellent/
    Black ops 2 - much better than Modern warfare 3. Much more of a step up as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

Playing Streets of Rage right now, what a game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭marko93

Finally built a computer, nothing fancy, but does the job.

Playing Warhammer and CoH is so fawking satisfying.

Saints row 3 is actually pretty kicking :D
    And tombraider on friday :D

• Advertisement

So I was going to get a few games over the weekend. I had pretty much decided that I was going to get:

Tomb Raider
    MGR: Revengeance
    Sim City

However doing research, Sim City requires always online. So now I can't buy it out of principle. Which sucks. Because I love Sim City. But I'll be f*cked if I give money for a game that practices this sort of bullsh*t DRM model. Give me a code I can activate once if you want, but f*ck off if you think I want my single player experience affected by server load and internet speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭Supermensch

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    So I was going to get a few games over the weekend. I had pretty much decided that I was going to get:

Tomb Raider
    MGR: Revengeance
    Sim City

However doing research, Sim City requires always online. So now I can't buy it out of principle. Which sucks. Because I love Sim City. But I'll be f*cked if I give money for a game that practices this sort of bullsh*t DRM model. Give me a code I can activate once if you want, but f*ck off if you think I want my single player experience affected by server load and internet speed.

This made me laugh;

d14.jpg

Man, it's been years since I've played Sim City!

Tomb raider is great though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

cloud493 wrote: »
    Tomb raider is great though.
    Looks fantastic in the ads. One for the "after the LC" list.

One of the best single player games I've played in years. Better than uncharted, even.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

cloud493 wrote: »
    One of the best single player games I've played in years. Better than uncharted, even.

Is there much puzzle stuff in the new Tomb Raider? I love the old games but my God, some of the tougher puzzles made me want to just break them all :pac:

Its much more actiony.

Actually seems decent!

Actually seems decent!

I just hope the messiness surrounding THQ won't hurt the game. Been looking forward to it since E3. Would be nice to have an SP game that could erase the memories of the godawful PS1 version... :P

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I just hope the messiness surrounding THQ won't hurt the game. Been looking forward to it since E3. Would be nice to have an SP game that could erase the memories of the godawful PS1 version... :P

I don't think it necessarily will, now that they have Ubisoft behind it instead I don't see why it should, hopefully anyway!

It looks decent, but I don't see it competing with the likes of Watchdogs or the new Metro 2033!

Anyone here play Minecraft/ wanna take a young whippersnapper under their wing and show them the ropes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Anyone here play Minecraft/ wanna take a young whippersnapper under their wing and show them the ropes?

Yes..we can...we can build a bunker togethersssss.....

Yes..we can...we can build a bunker togethersssss.....

Yaaaaay! I have no idea what I'm doing, the funny thing is I use to play it like maybe 3 years ago and was quite good at it, alas now, I have forgotten everything :(

I did manage to find this epic seed. -2678743532590010983
    It's basically just an island! Would be good for survival.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Yaaaaay! I have no idea what I'm doing, the funny thing is I use to play it like maybe 3 years ago and was quite good at it, alas now, I have forgotten everything :(

I did manage to find this epic seed. -2678743532590010983
    It's basically just an island! Would be good for survival.

Sorry, I don't actually play Minecraft, I was just evoking a bit of Joseph Fritzl, because he was a funny guy.

The game Ace of Spades is a free to play Minecraft/FPS multiplayer squad game thingy which is cool by the way. I haven't played it in ages so I don't know what kind of crazy updates it's undergone, but it's a fun alternative.

STOP IT ROME:TW STOOOOOP.

P.S Not really, so time consuming, so fun.

• Advertisement

So, PS4 or Xbox Infinity?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AzN

So, PS4 or Xbox Infinity?

I'll be getting a ps4, been hearing bad things about the new xbox!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

AzN wrote: »
    I'll be getting a ps4, been hearing bad things about the new xbox!

Well Sony are the only ones to tell about their next console. MS have their show on Tuesday evening and then we will know how they stack up. All the games will be shown at E3 in 3 weeks time. Then it will be clear cut on how things stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AzN

Well Sony are the only ones to tell about their next console. MS have their show on Tuesday evening and then we will know how they stack up. All the games will be shown at E3 in 3 weeks time. Then it will be clear cut on how things stand.

Indeed, there might be some nice exclusives that will cause me to change my mind. Highly doubtful though, they're meant to be making it always online.

Did anyone see the Xbox reveal? I missed it and can't be arsed googling :pac:

I probably will stick with Sony though as I've gone with the PS2 and PS3 already.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Completed level 1 and the original level of The Impossible Game. Now bring on level 2 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Also :P

QWOP_zpsa3330034.png

Walking Dead is such a fantastic game D: Thank you Humble Bundle :3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Working my way through Hotline Miami, it's disturbingly immersive. :D

Advertisement