Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Evil Computer Games thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

Sadly, after all these years, I don't think it'll be that good. It's going to be a massive let-down that doesn't live up to our expectations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Davidius wrote: »
    Speaking of Metroid, I decided to play some Prime 3 today. Great bit of craic that.
    What a game, I loved the overload mode, on the one hand your dying on the other you're made of win while it's active

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Got Beatles RB boxset-thingy for €80. I think that's fairly good.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

Fallout New Vegas..i smile when i think of the 2 weeks of college i will miss playing this!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Oh man I can't wait for Vegas, especially as some of the people that worked on Fallout 2 are working on it.

Hope there's some pop culture references like in Fallout and Fallout 2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

Oh man I can't wait for Vegas, especially as some of the people that worked on Fallout 2 are working on it.

Hope there's some pop culture references like in Fallout and Fallout 2 :)

Hell yesh!
    Hopefully the soundtrack will be equally as epic as Fallout 3

Dave1711 wrote: »
    Hell yesh!
    Hopefully the soundtrack will be equally as epic as Fallout 3

Hopefully it's more like Fallout 1 and 2 than Fallout 3's soundtrack.

Sadly though they didn't get Mark Morgan in again to do the soundtrack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

Playing through Resident Evil 2 (just finished the remake of the first one) or rather, Banjo is playing it and I'm watching and hiding under the covers when scary things happen :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

Finally got around to buying Left 4 Dead 2..can't think of a better way to spend 20 quid :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Decided to have a blast on Metroid Prime Hunters Wi-fi for the craic. I don't remember playing this game to be this claw hand inducing. Also I spent the entire match not being able to find the other guy.

• Advertisement

http://inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com/2010/09/majora.html

The tale of a haunted Majora's Mask cartridge. Do not read if you are prey to Water Temple-like bouts of paranoia and uncontrollable depression.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Just bought theme hospital. Happy times, unless my pc says gooway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

theowen wrote: »
    Just bought theme hospital. Happy times, unless my pc says gooway.

I love that game, some of the diseases are hilarious.

3rd Degree Sideburns :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

I love that game, some of the diseases are hilarious.

3rd Degree Sideburns :pac:
    It won't work :eek: How the...really need a new laptop!:pac: Ohh ye, the inflatable head disease! :D

theowen wrote: »
    It won't work :eek: How the...really need a new laptop!:pac: Ohh ye, the inflatable head disease! :D

I had that problem as well using vista, must try it on windows 7. It would play for a few levels and then just crash randomly. Google around for patches.

Is anyone on xbox live, I think we should put down our gamertags or playstations thingy, play a few games of something..

GT: duffy ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Is anyone on xbox live, I think we should put down our gamertags or playstations thingy, play a few games of something..

GT: duffy ftw

Good idea...maybe start a thread or something about it?

Gamertag: bourkey222
    PSN: Perphect

I'm on other things but I'll just put them for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

PSN: Jackobyte94

I want a Move.:( Gamestop have the best deal but it is online only. You get the Move, Camera and Sports Champions for €54.99.

• Advertisement

My PSN: MegaFonzies.

I don't have a microphone yet though, so I wouldn't really want to play anyone here without the option of spewing abuse at them. Takes away from the experience.

On another note, Gran Turismo 5 looks AMAZING! I'm not huge on GT games, because they require so much effort, but I'd buy this for the graphics alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭Sentineil

My PSN: MegaFonzies.

I don't have a microphone yet though, so I wouldn't really want to play anyone here without the option of spewing abuse at them. Takes away from the experience.

I recognise your name. I think I played you in Gears Of War a few years ago. You're a friend of Gearoid right?
    I'd have been uder the uber-leet GT; SENT1N3L.

Sentineil wrote: »
    I recognise your name. I think I played you in Gears Of War a few years ago. You're a friend of Gearoid right?
    I'd have been uder the uber-leet GT; SENT1N3L.

Yeah, I remember being roped into play GOW2 with yourself, D4RK ONION and fada-less Gearoid. I recall you were quite good at the game to boot. I mean that as an insult, mind. That game was turrable.

/xbox smack-talk

Was playing Resident Evil: Code Veronica last night, it freaked me out completely. Don't know why because we played Resident Evil 1-3 beforehand and I was pretty grand but last night I was terrified. My stomach is all churny thinking about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

^It was probably the cheese-string zombies. They're fairly terrifying! But they're actually called "Bandersnatches", so they lose scary marks for having such a comical name.

I think it was the fact that I was convinced you were going to die, and that foot hanging down and the torture chamber. There was just too much one after the other

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Just read a grand old Civilisation 5 review.
    Want, but not sure I can justify spending the money ;_;

EDIT: Actually looking at the specs this laptop's graphics card doesn't seem able to run it... Which solves my dilemma (in the worst possible way of course)

Pah, get it anyway, I know I will!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

Sega, you've done it again! You somehow managed to get my hopes up for a new Sonic game and then instantly make me feel like a fool as I realise how poor a game it is. We eternally live in hope, but I think it really is time to give up on Sonic.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

syncosised wrote: »
    Sega, you've done it again! You somehow managed to get my hopes up for a new Sonic game and then instantly make me feel like a fool as I realise how poor a game it is. We eternally live in hope, but I think it really is time to give up on Sonic.

Damn I was gonna get this on XBox Live, is it really that bad?

To be this deceptive takes AGES. To be this deceptive takes SEGA.

I gave up on Sonic long ago, when they don't change a thing from the Mega-Drive days it can be boring, and when they very hard to update it....well, Sonic Riders anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

As in Sonic 4? Really? How did they manage to mess that up?

Guys, Plants vs zombies has stolen my soul lately, try it out and I garauntee you'll be addicted,it's like tower defence,but so much more addictive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Just read a grand old Civilisation 5 review.
    Want, but not sure I can justify spending the money ;_;

EDIT: Actually looking at the specs this laptop's graphics card doesn't seem able to run it... Which solves my dilemma (in the worst possible way of course)

I had no idea this game was in the works, let alone released. I'm in the same boat though, this laptop would die trying to run it. Looks like I'll have to stick to II and IV.
    A Neurotic wrote: »
    WANT
    KIRBY
    :D

Way too many games coming out in the next few weeks. Fallout, AC and CoD are the ones I really really want though.

EDIT: Anyone know any game shops that do student discounts? Probably only gonna get one game, and it'll have to be cheap.

To Fifa++ or not to Fifa++?

Spent this weekend playing Left 4 Dead 2 and was surprised to find it runs better on my laptop than I'd previously thought. Granted I can't kill any special infected even when I see them first because of low FPS but I can still sacrifice myself for the good of others.

Which reminds me, it seems most players are never willing to sacrifice themselves to the point that the entire team becomes huddled in a corner shooting hordes of tanks with their pistols.

Left 4 Dead 2 is half-price at the moment. So are Left 4 Dead and Team Fortress 2 but really you should focus on the Left 4 Dead 2 part because I need somebody to sacrifice themselves for my benefit.

It'll be almost a year until release, but God I want this game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

It'll be almost a year until release, but God I want this game!

"This game took 50,000 man hours to create. We're confident there's at least one person out there who'll play it for that long."

I feel dirty for even posting this,but I'm slowly being talked into playing WoW.The new expansions just came out and looks amazing;
    1004004008493710.jpg&t=1

• Advertisement

I lack a console on which to play it, but:

Want. Will never have. FML.

I feel dirty for even posting this,but I'm slowly being talked into playing WoW.The new expansions just came out and looks amazing;
    1004004008493710.jpg&t=1

Heard it's very short. My friend's on lvl 85 whilst studying for exams.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I heard this song on the radio yesterday - the GTA: Vice City nostalgia - what a game that was

Are there any songs which remind you of video games? I have loads, I'm sure I'll think of them throughout the day!

A Neurotic wrote: »
    I lack a console on which to play it, but:

vid

Want. Will never have. FML.
    The first game was great with the exception of repetitive boss battles and somewhat lacking replayability. I just hope it wasn't a fluke and that this game is at least as good. Also Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill.

Just Cause 2 is €6.24 (75% off) on Steam today, it's supposed to be a lot of fun. I laughed when I saw an option to buy the Official Strategy Guide on Steam too.

Davidius wrote: »
    The first game was great with the exception of repetitive boss battles and somewhat lacking replayability. I just hope it wasn't a fluke and that this game is at least as good. Also Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill.

Just Cause 2 is €6.24 (75% off) on Steam today, it's supposed to be a lot of fun. I laughed when I saw an option to buy the Official Strategy Guide on Steam too.

Definitely worth €6.24, for the amazing story and characterisation.

So I was playing Final Fantasy 3 and I got the most awesome amount of gil ever:

vlcsnap_2010_12_18_00h10m02s20.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

The new Mass Effect 3 trailer is pretty sweet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

Here's a fairly awesome mini history of videogames! Great use of sampling in places. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Finally started on my backlog with the God of War games.
    Those spinning blade towers in Hades nearly caused another controller to be destroyed :mad:

• Advertisement

Playing Super Meat Boy. This game does not go easy on those of us that suck at platformers (or anybody apparently). I found myself dying due to simple things like jumping slightly too far or running off the edge before I pressed jump.

I can't even get past the forest.

Advertisement