Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ORD English

Options
  • 09-06-2010 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

IMO paper 1 went really well today.

Bit nervy about paper 2 though. I've taken a bit of a gamble on the poets I've studied WB Yeats ( Lake Isle Of Innisfree) ( Wild swans at coole ) ( An Irish Airman forsee's his death ) Patrick Kavanagh ( On Raglen Road ) ( Shancoduff ) ( A christmas childhood ) Evan Boland ( This moment ) ( Child of our time ) and Longley ( Wounds ) ( last requests ) ( An amish rug )

For the comparative i'm banking on social setting of both texts

:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭FordieMUFC

James_LWAU wrote: »
    IMO paper 1 went really well today.

Bit nervy about paper 2 though. I've taken a bit of a gamble on the poets I've studied WB Yeats ( Lake Isle Of Innisfree) ( Wild swans at coole ) ( An Irish Airman forsee's his death ) Patrick Kavanagh ( On Raglen Road ) ( Shancoduff ) ( A christmas childhood ) Evan Boland ( This moment ) ( Child of our time ) and Longley ( Wounds ) ( last requests ) ( An amish rug )

For the comparative i'm banking on social setting of both texts

:confused:
    How in any way is that a gamble? :D:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭James_LWAU

Well considering theres what 30 poems on the course?

Hopefully i'm covered ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭FordieMUFC

James_LWAU wrote: »
    Well considering theres what 30 poems on the course?

Hopefully i'm covered ;)
    You don't get asked on poems though, you get asked on poets ;) 3 per poet is plenty, and you're covering 4 poets which is loads IMO :)

Thats good to know

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭sKepTics_George

Waht!, I not the only person done Ordinry levil Englich,

Yeah lets all hope for Social Setting, that is pretty much
    all I have been working on.

So, if I learn of three poets I should be ok ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭RH149

FordieMUFC wrote: »
    You don't get asked on poems though, you get asked on poets ;) 3 per poet is plenty, and you're covering 4 poets which is loads IMO :)

Not true.....two of the questions will be on Prescribed Poems and two will be on Precribed Poets (you're teacher probably decided to do either the list of Prescribed Poems (all individual poems) or the list of Prescribed Poets (some poets have two poems on course while some have three). If a poem/poet comes up that you haven't revised it's not the end of the world as the poems are printed for you and if you did any work on them in class you'll be fine......even if you didn't you can answer it as an unseen poem since it's printed for you.

So How did ye get on?

Taught it was alright wrote around 3 pages for the single text. For the comparative I did 2 (i) (ii) and 2 b I spoke about poverty had nothing really prepared on theme:rolleyes: I wrote around 3 pages for the comparative.
    For poetry I choose the wild swans at coole wrote 3 pages and did the question which poem do you prefer, I choose An Irish airman forsees his death had a wee bit done on that.

Advertisement