Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

United Front

Options
  • 09-06-2010 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭

Lads / boys / guys / chaps / ladies even. On reading some of the latest threads it's very apparent that some people rub others up the wrong way.

I'm all for taking the pi$$. But we're a minority group, probably not really 'understood' by the majority of peeps on this site. Pointless infighting and bickering probably doesn't do the PR thing any good at all.

Would we not be better keeping it reasonably together, intelligent and on topic, showing ourselves in a better light? These forums are public after all.

Trying to 'prove' who's better / more knowledgable or whatever comes across as a bit of a pi$$ing competition.

Argue the toss by all means, just not by being an arguing tosser.

This is not meant or directed at anybody specific, as we all have our moments, I just sincerely believe we'd better serve our common cause if we laid off each other a bit.

Or just flame me. (I dunno if that's even still in use but I'm old).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Hard to have a united front when a certain poster is causing problems by continously giving incorrect and stupid advice and when he is corrected he wants to get back on topic even when he is more often than not the one that took it off topic in the first place.

I could go on but what's the point when certain Mods want us to leave him alone despite the fact he seems to be seriously lowering the tone here with his silly utube videos of women with guns.

He seems to know something about every topic that comes up here and every thread you read he's there talking ****e.

If anyone corrects or even challenges his opinions, they now risk being accussed of "cyber bullying" :rolleyes:

So to answer your question,a united front .............. not likely :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

Hard to have a united front when a certain poster is causing problems by continously by giving incorrect and stupid advice and when he is corrected he wants to get back on topic even when he is more often than not the one that took it off topic in the first place.

I could go on but what's the point when certain Mods want us to leave him alone despite the fact he seems to be seriously lowering the tone here with his silly utube videos of women with guns.

He seems to know something about every topic that comes up here and every thread you read he's there talking ****e.

If anyone corrects or even challenges his opinions, they now risk being accussed of "cyber bullying" :rolleyes:

So to answer your question,a united front .............. not likely :(

Hmmmmm............. I wonder who bunny shooter is talking about:confused:

Just to add ......................

a certain poster here does rub me up the wrong way and I have now put him on my ignore list as tbh I can not be bothered reading or looking at any more of his childish and imature ****e !

My 2 cents worth :D

Now back on topic :P

Also I will still continue to be an argumenative git so be warned :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭pajero2005

Don't know but as soon as Bunny's mate Tackleberrywho finds out about this they'll be hell to pay:eek::eek:

Nobody puts Bunny in the corner!
    :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭BELOWaverageIQ

I don't know "who" your going to get to "tackle" that question .... Ha ha .:D

Actually I find the bickering Very entertaining to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭landkeeper

give it a rest bunny it's becoming tedious ! there are others who feel the same way about lagomorph assasins too;)

landkeeper wrote: »
    give it a rest bunny it's becoming tedious !

About as tedious as your aversion towards semi-auto rifles :P

I refer you to my post above and my reference to my ignore list !
    landkeeper wrote: »
    there are others who feel the same way about lagomorph assasins too;)

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

Well that's my Ban Ki Moon moment finished. One thing for sure, youse have more than one thing in common.

Maybe there should be a 'shooting' beers night. That'd sort it.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

Lads / boys / guys / chaps / ladies even. On reading some of the latest threads it's very apparent that some people rub others up the wrong way.

I'm all for taking the pi$$. But we're a minority group, probably not really 'understood' by the majority of peeps on this site. Pointless infighting and bickering probably doesn't do the PR thing any good at all.

Would we not be better keeping it reasonably together, intelligent and on topic, showing ourselves in a better light? These forums are public after all.

Trying to 'prove' who's better / more knowledgable or whatever comes across as a bit of a pi$$ing competition.

Argue the toss by all means, just not by being an arguing tosser.

This is not meant or directed at anybody specific, as we all have our moments, I just sincerely believe we'd better serve our common cause if we laid off each other a bit.

Or just flame me. (I dunno if that's even still in use but I'm old).

Where is this eutopia that you speak of .... ? or better still what number cloud did you fall out of ?

I would love to see shooters unite.... however if we cant even get people to unite afainst that shambles of a government out after (insert no of years here) years of there neglect for the people of Ireland..... who are you kidding if you think shooters will ??

I would love to see shooters unite.... however if we cant even get people to unite afainst that shambles of a government out after (insert no of years here) years of there neglect for the people of Ireland..... who are you kidding if you think shooters will ??

Think you might be misunderstanding the sentiment of my post gunhappy ie.

I'm with you but I'm only talking about us, shooters. Be it paper, balloons, live game whatever, people who know guns/firearms and aren't freaked at the very mention of the word.

Let's be sensible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

implied-facepalm-implied-facepalm-demotivational-poster-1259858393.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

I'm with you but I'm only talking about us, shooters. Be it paper, balloons, live game whatever, people who know guns/firearms and aren't freaked at the very mention of the word.

Let's be sensible.

sorry no i got it ... just migrane from the f**King truck outside with the reverse beeper on for the last 20 min.

no matter what forum you go on you will find bickering, trying to get one up.... or what ever you want to call it.

Sparks wrote: »
    implied-facepalm-implied-facepalm-demotivational-poster-1259858393.jpg

PMSL ;)

You people are class.

Bringing clique to a new level.

You people are class.

Bringing clique to a new level.

Now who took your sweets :confused:

Now who took your sweets :confused:

Pegged them out myself. It's looking cliquey when no matter what you say you're made out to be a dope.

And yeah. I do a good enough job on my own.

The facepalm wasn't aimed at you DH, but at Bunny...

...and it's not a bad sentiment, it's just that it's not worked for our community for the last sixty years by my count (and I've no reason to think it worked before that either). The 2% rule, amongst other things, just kills it everytime.

The facepalm wasn't aimed at you DH, but at Bunny....

:eek: really :p

Well recently the 2% rule doesn't look a great option either :(

Well recently the 2% rule doesn't look a great option either :(
    Yeah, but the recent issues have been with 0.002% or so, rather than all the 2%...

Yeah, but the recent issues have been with 0.002% or so, rather than all the 2%...

Well if the 98% were kept informed by the 0.1998% maybe the 0.002% wouldn't have gotten away with it ;)

Just my 2 cents worth can we please get back on topic please :p;):D

• Advertisement

Ah the cut, thrust, parry and feint. Did someone mention self loading rifles?

**** it the wife's back from bingo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

2z8x3lv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

:DPMSL
    This place has been getting a wee bit like Wisteria Lane lately, all the same!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

dCorbus wrote: »
    :DPMSL
    This place has been getting a wee bit like Wisteria Lane lately, all the same!:p

Touche, although the fact you know the name mean you wantch it ;)

Terri Hatcher may be over forty but she still is a Cougar ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

This is the part that annoys me! When I ask a question on boards I do so hoping to hear of the experiences other people about the issue or whatever. I will already have looked up google to find as much info about an issue first so somebody coming on and giving an answer which IMO sounds like bull**** is pointless!!

If I had nothing better to do I could easily look up the answer to every question here on boards and answer it for them as if I knew about it :rolleyes: but what is the point in that!

And whatever meaningful info and experience this certain poster can sometimes have will often be disregarded by the people who think he is just talkin ****!!

Thats my two cents!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

To sum up most of us and our attitude to fighting evil, righting wrongs, and setting the world firmly on its moral axis ;):rolleyes::D:p:

duty_calls.png

(Thanks to sparks for "allowing" the theft of this!)

Why, oh why, can't we all just get along:D?
    avp-tether.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

lol
    this is classy stuff

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Have to thank Rovi as the inspiration for this one.

Don't be shy. Sing along now .........................

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭thedragon

Why cant we be just like the Waltons, the way it was back on Walton's mountain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭vixdname

I'm with you but I'm only talking about us, shooters. Be it PAPER, balloons, live game whatever, people who know guns/firearms and aren't freaked at the very mention of the word.

Let's be sensible.

Jaysus, will ye just leave the feckin paper alone !!!!:D:D:D

Advertisement