Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

United Front

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

thedragon wrote: »
    Why cant we be just like the Waltons, the way it was back on Walton's mountain.

This here is more like Shameless,crossed with the Simpsons and Family guy.:D

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

This here is more like Shameless,crossed with the Simpsons and Family guy

Na, more like Desperate Housewives (for all the bitching) crossed with American Dad (for all our other proclivities)!:D;)

Guns Don't Kill People - American Dad

Or for the full version auf Deutsch oddly enough, but sounds strangely more effective!:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭4gun

since we're all cotributing 2 cents,
    there are some posters on this site, whom I 'm sure have shooting sports best interest at heart but are actually so afraid to say the wrong thing in case they give a negitave impression to the non shooting public who might accidently stumble into the forum and draw the conclusion that we are all a bunch of "gun tote hillbillies", that they must be permanently on sqeeky bum time
    phew......
    try and say that in one breath:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

4gun wrote: »
    since we're all cotributing 2 cents,
    there are some posters on this site, whom I 'm sure have shooting sports best interest at heart but are actually so afraid to say the wrong thing in case they give a negitave impression to the non shooting public who might accidently stumble into the forum and draw the conclusion that we are all a bunch of "gun tote hillbillies", that they must be permanently on sqeeky bum time
    phew......
    try and say that in one breath:D

I hear ya, now where are the Kandoo's?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

It can be the source of such information and points of view, but lately with some of the crap that has been going on it is losing its appeal very fast.

We all have different experiences, points of view and outlooks on things and it can be so interesting to see other fellow shooters have handled the same situations.

For my own part I have no interest in the who is in what association or which organisation is the best. To me all they do is divide and strangle our sport to keep a certain few on an ego trip, and the higher up the ladder the worse the ego is.When we needed them most to unite and work for the lads on the ground who actually do shoot it was like a bad run of monty pythons the peoples liberation front a lot of talk with no results.

I can only go on personal experiences when it comes to shooting, what I found best and what worked for me.Like most ordinary lads i have done a lot of rough and clay shooting. I know a little about a lot and a lot about very little. I have been shooting for a dram over 20 years. At a height I was rearing 600 pheasants and 500 ducks, with another lad looking after a second pen with 600 pheasants.

I like this forum, but of late it has become a very unfriendly place( we would nearly get a better reception off the animal welfare forum than in here) which is a pity, we all had to start somewhere an despite what we may think we dont know everything or have the right to take the moral high ground on others.

I think we need a day out on the range, dust a few clays, the bit of slagging off and bragging rights,along with a little wager as to who buys the first beer. A bite to eat and realise that we all have one thing in common and that is we are all shooting folk who need to get our feet back on the ground and back to what matters most, the enjoyment of our passtime.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭pajero2005

homerhop wrote: »
    It can be the source of such information and points of view, but lately with some of the crap that has been going on it is losing its appeal very fast.

We all have different experiences, points of view and outlooks on things and it can be so interesting to see other fellow shooters have handled the same situations.

For my own part I have no interest in the who is in what association or which organisation is the best. To me all they do is divide and strangle our sport to keep a certain few on an ego trip, and the higher up the ladder the worse the ego is.When we needed them most to unite and work for the lads on the ground who actually do shoot it was like a bad run of monty pythons the peoples liberation front a lot of talk with no results.

I can only go on personal experiences when it comes to shooting, what I found best and what worked for me.Like most ordinary lads i have done a lot of rough and clay shooting. I know a little about a lot and a lot about very little. I have been shooting for a dram over 20 years. At a height I was rearing 600 pheasants and 500 ducks, with another lad looking after a second pen with 600 pheasants.

I like this forum, but of late it has become a very unfriendly place( we would nearly get a better reception off the animal welfare forum than in here) which is a pity, we all had to start somewhere an despite what we may think we dont know everything or have the right to take the moral high ground on others.

I think we need a day out on the range, dust a few clays, the bit of slagging off and bragging rights,along with a little wager as to who buys the first beer. A bite to eat and realise that we all have one thing in common and that is we are all shooting folk who need to get our feet back on the ground and back to what matters most, the enjoyment of our passtime.

This could well be one of the best posts i've seen here in a very very long time.:)

Anybody else up for trying to organize a "boards range day"?

It would be great to finally put a few faces to names on here:cool:

Maybe, with a bit of planning we could make it a charity event? A small entry fee, a few prizes from various gun shops/sporting outlets? Nothing too serious, just something for us all to meet up and "shoot the s**t!!" All proceeds to a charity of the winners choice:)

I'd be willing to talk to R.F.D's in my area looking for sponsorship.

Just to get the ball rolling I was thinking something for all calibers
    ( partly because I only shoot a .22wmr and a 12 gauge shotgun) On the day we could see what the turn out is like and orginase groups for various calibers?

Foxing cal for .22wmr, .22swift, .22hornet, .223 etc out to 100-150 yards?

Deer cal for .22-250, .243, 25-06, 30-06 .308, 6.5 x 55, etc out to whatever distance would suit ye guys (as ye can tell, I'm not a deer stalker just yet:o:p)?

And depending on location, something for the clay busters on here?

Just an idea, but any interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

It's a brilliant idea, so get MNSCI up for hosting it so we can do everything on site, have a big barbecue, and get to know one another. It's been suggested a good few times before, but if someone is up for running it, I'm more than game.

It's a brilliant idea, so get MNSCI up for hosting it so we can do everything on site, have a big barbecue, and get to know one another. It's been suggested a good few times before, but if someone is up for running it, I'm more than game.

I'm not a member there (or any range) so I wouldn't know where to start regarding a venue but would be more than happy to try organize the prizes, entry forms/ dates or anything else involved.

I'm up for this, I think it's what the sport and this fourm needs at the moment and would be more than happy to roll my sleeves up and try organize it (albeit, with a little help)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

don't forget us .22lr shooters too. lol

pajero2005 wrote: »
    Well now I'd put ye (us) in with the fox caliber, or maybe a "bunny busters group"?;)
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

There's a multiple discipline shoot and BBQ in Hillop on the 19th if it's a days shooting and a munch ye're after -

plenty of clays rifle and small stuff so something for everyone- no fullbore rifle though

See the upcoming events thread in target shooting for the flyer and contact details

it's already happening - nothing to organize - all ye have to do is turn up and make some noise - be sure to let them know if ye're coming though to be sure there is enough food

B'Man

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

aaaaa isn't nice to see everyone getting along :D:D

An open forum will always attract opinion and comment that not everyone will agree with 204 vs 223 vs 243 etc etc. Air rifle shooting vs real rifle shooting;)

Its the lack of civility that troubles me. ;) especially as everyone can read the posts. There is few rules in life that saves most people from embarrassment and i dare say a good thumping that seems not to matter on internet forums

"Be nice"
    "Think twice, ink once"
    "if you have nothing useful to add say nothing"

and always remember there is

""Someone somewhere that does know more about your hobby than you think you do"

Have a nice day:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Darr

have to agree that my liking of boards is less then it used be , well I belive that boards has done a fair bit of damage as well to us as collective group ... you never know who is looking on here and reporting back to others !!! .. also just because you (think you)know something dont feel you have to post it !!

anyways the majority of people here are fine and as it was mentioned about a shoot .. why not bump the numbers here , I belive there is a clay shoot as well but not sure if on the same day and I dont know about small bore .

Charity Competition An Riocht, Castlemaine, County Kerry on the 26 and 27 of June 2010, all are welcome.

Please read the link below, Battens Disease is a very serious disease; it is devastating for the children and the family.

http://www.medhelp.org/lib/batten.htm

Please support this very worthy cause, contact Paddy O'Mahony at An Riocht.

would be nice to actually get a large turn out to this Im sure , you may remember the parents on the late late show a few months back who's 2 children suffer from this disease

anyways we are going never know might see some there
    Dar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Great post by homerhop TBH

+1 on the idea of a Boards.ie shooting range day:cool:

In the meantime: Fear not, fellow 22lr shooters - Help may be at hand. As mentioned before, Bunnyshooter, Clivej, and myself (on the sidelines) have already been working on something interesting for 22lr shooters. The Course-of-Fire is worked out and we're now looking for a venue and a time-slot. So, plans are afoot!:D (We'll get there eventually!;))

In the meantime, you can do no worse than head up to Hilltop on the 19th. Was at the last one and it was brilliant! Fairplay to B'Man and the lads!;):)

Or head to Castlemaine on the 26/27th and support the charity!

Maybe a new thread to throw in some ideas for a boards.ie range day?

Advertisement