Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

A big FUCK YOU,goes to the asshole that dumped loads of rubbish along Ballyorrill road near the Milehouse this morning.Stuff all over the road.It was done between 9am and now.Cars were having to swerve to avoid stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

zerks wrote: »
    A big FUCK YOU,goes to the asshole that dumped loads of rubbish along Ballyorrill road near the Milehouse this morning.Stuff all over the road.It was done between 9am and now.Cars were having to swerve to avoid stuff.

That backroad from the Milehouse out to Scarawalsh is a dumping ground,particularly near the town end.
    Somebody dumped their crap over the small humpback bridge into the river at Scarawalsh there recently as well.
    Disgusting cnuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

And in other news the Sue Ryder charity shop in Abbey Square is finally closing - permanently this time. Who ever thought it would be a good idea to have a charity shop approached by a significant flight of stairs needs their heads examined.

Squad cars flying in all directions,whatever the reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭secman

kneemos wrote: »
    Squad cars flying in all directions,whatever the reason.

Bad accident I believe... hope all involved are okay.

• Advertisement

secman wrote: »
    Bad accident I believe... hope all involved are okay.

Old person knocked down,that's the 2nd in recent times to walk out into traffic there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Old person knocked down,that's the 2nd in recent times to walk out into traffic there.

Brother is a close friend of the family. We were told that the sister didn't walk out onto the traffic, she was standing on the footpath and that the lorry came down and was turning left and turned up on the footpath and hit her.

Used to be a sign on that corner that got flattened regularly by trucks cutting the corner.They eventually removed I think, but there's obviously a design issue there.

Can't see the Enniscorthy shop surviving this cull and anyway it's gone to hell since the HMV merger.

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/xtravision-gets-set-to-shut-28-of-its-stores-34221412.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Can't see the Enniscorthy shop surviving this cull and anyway it's gone to hell since the HMV merger.

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/xtravision-gets-set-to-shut-28-of-its-stores-34221412.html

With the crowd behind it now supplying Tesco DVD/Games there is a rumor that Xtra Visons near a large Tesco might close so Enniscorthy might survive but that would mean New Ross and Wexford would be in trouble

Can't see Wexford closing though sure guess we will see after christmas better not get any vouchers though just incase

• Advertisement

It's become too expensive since the merger.They used to have some decent deals and discounts on pre-owned games but the selection is gone to hell and the prices are crazy.

Looks like the crane has arrived to get rid of"The Bird".
    Read somewhere they're planning on relocating it to another part of town,lets hope that was a rush of blood and it remains gathering dust in the back of whatever shed it ends up in.

They should dump it out the Esmonde Road where the locals would make short work of it. :D

Two pics from this morning.

beak%2Bwith%2Bleak.%2BFINALpng.png

BRIDAL%2BFINAL.jpg

In other news, the town's pavements are in a particular disgusting state this morning thanks to our uncaring dog owners. I now walk on the road in preference to the pavement but what if you have a buggy, wheelchair or are elderly. :mad:

Ann Doyle has a 1916 thingymebob about Ferns and Enniscorthy on RTE at 8.30.

The Enniscorthy Tourism website has recently undergone something - what's the opposite to a makeover? The site now looks like it has been attacked by a dyslexic chimpanzee.

Try this recently added page: http://www.enniscorthytourism.com/categories/colm-t%C3%83%C2%B3ib%C3%83%C2%ADn-on-filming-his-novel-brooklyn:-everyone-in-my-home-town-wanted-to-be-an-extra-80.html

On a quick run through the piece I counted 31 typos and God knows how many grammatical errors before giving up. Head wrecking stuff.

The Enniscorthy Tourism website has recently undergone something - what's the opposite to a makeover? The site now looks like it has been attacked by a dyslexic chimpanzee.

Try this recently added page: http://www.enniscorthytourism.com/categories/colm-t%C3%83%C2%B3ib%C3%83%C2%ADn-on-filming-his-novel-brooklyn:-everyone-in-my-home-town-wanted-to-be-an-extra-80.html

On a quick run through the piece I counted 31 typos and God knows how many grammatical errors before giving up. Head wrecking stuff.[/QUOTE

My head hurt reading that .....can't believe that made it onto the site .... nobody proof reading or editing ? Not even spell check ?
    Embarrassing stuff :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rackard

On a quick run through the piece I counted 31 typos and God knows how many grammatical errors before giving up. Head wrecking stuff.

Wouldn't mind but it's an exact copy of the Guardian article in the link - except the Enniscorthy one is riddled with spelling mistakes, however that happened!

Rackard wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind but it's an exact copy of the Guardian article in the link - except the Enniscorthy one is riddled with spelling mistakes, however that happened!

If only it was that page, and caused by a glitch, but the whole site is a mess and has been for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 robinmgp

Stamps has been overhauled with lights, santa faces everywhere, and even a decorated Christmas tree in the corner!
    Slideshow @ http:// imgur . com /a / 58M57

(remove all the spaces, I'm a new user)

• Advertisement

robinmgp wrote: »
    Stamps has been overhauled with lights, santa faces everywhere, and even a decorated Christmas tree in the corner!
    Slideshow @ http:// imgur.com /a / 58M57

(remove all the spaces, I'm a new user)

Old Mr Stamp must be spinning.

I wonder what genius thought that the relocation of the postbox to outside the Mill Park Road Post Office would be a good idea? Anybody who remembers the two larger boxes in the foyer will know that they could often be overflowing at this time of year - what's going to happen now? I note that the new box is cunningly designed to facilitate mail falling out or being pinched. :rolleyes:

Enniscorthy%2BPO.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I wonder what genius thought that the relocation of the postbox to outside the Mill Park Road Post Office would be a good idea? Anybody who remembers the two larger boxes in the foyer will know that they could often be overflowing at this time of year - what's going to happen now? I note that the new box is cunningly designed to facilitate mail falling out or being pinched. :rolleyes:

Enniscorthy%2BPO.jpg

Could be a piece cut out of the door behind to allow the post to fall into a basket.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭arseagon

Not only is it rough looking, a good bit of their information is either wrong or extremely out of date.

Looks like Lidl are planning on demolishing and rebuilding a two story store.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

Really? that'd be an interesting move. Their new store in Gorey is supposed to be impressive. Any timescale for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

kneemos wrote: »
    Looks like Lidl are planning on demolishing and rebuilding a two story store.

Have they applied for planning permission ?

blindsider wrote: »
    Really? that'd be an interesting move. Their new store in Gorey is supposed to be impressive. Any timescale for this?

No idea.Just glanced their planning notice stuck on the fence.

Town empty - again - awful Christmas music blaring out. Most shops appear closed. River looking dangerously high.

Enniscorthy%2B13%2BDec%2B2015%2B-%2BCopy.png

• Advertisement

Town empty - again - awful Christmas music blaring out. Most shops appear closed. River looking dangerously high.

I'm off to Wexford to pick up some stuff,as usual nothing I need or want in Enniscorthy.

More rain forecast for tomorrow,time to deploy sandbags methinks.

Advertisement