Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The Echo is reporting that the building of the bypass will force the regeneration of the Templeshannon area of the town as the new Finchogue interchange will bring more traffic into the area.CPO's are being considered for empty buildings.
    This can only be good news for an area of town that has been seriously neglected.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭jpb1974

zerks wrote: »
    The Echo is reporting that the building of the bypass will force the regeneration of the Templeshannon area of the town as the new Finchogue interchange will bring more traffic into the area.CPO's are being considered for empty buildings.
    This can only be good news for an area of town that has been seriously neglected.

Admittedly I haven't read the article, but I just can't fathom how sending more traffic onto that road (which isn't fit for purpose) will boost the area.

For reasons already mentioned in this thread, putting more traffic onto that road will just make it an even bigger bottleneck. There's very little parking in the area and I just can't for the life of me see how more cars is going to result in more people stopping and getting out to shop.

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Admittedly I haven't read the article, but I just can't fathom how sending more traffic onto that road (which isn't fit for purpose) will boost the area.

For reasons already mentioned in this thread, putting more traffic onto that road will just make it an even bigger bottleneck. There's very little parking in the area and I just can't for the life of me see how more cars is going to result in more people stopping and getting out to shop.

Heard there's a new car park in the pipeline over there.It is odd that the main interchange on the bypass is on the Oulart Road,I suppose you can still come into town via the N11 as before and this interchange will be used more by local traffic anyway,most of the bottlenecks in town are caused by traffic heading elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Sunday Times page 7, article regarding the lack of flight in the flag on the new flagpole.

It cost €54,000.00, holy ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

vicwatson wrote: »
    Sunday Times page 7, article regarding the lack of flight in the flag on the new flagpole.

It cost €54,000.00, holy ****e

There's a smaller one on there now,seems to a better flyer.At half mast at the moment though. https://www.google.ie/url?q=http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/ireland/article1686192.ece%3FCMP%3DOTH-gnws-standard-2016_04_09&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjJ-cG-8YTMAhXDFQ8KHVdHAb0QFggbMAA&usg=AFQjCNH3H8Cj1NOEYu0dRj5wvgPaur8vHA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭jpb1974

On the list of ETC/WCC phuck ups... the zebra crossing placements really will be hard to top. But a €52K flag pole that doesn't work... part of me wants to laugh, another roll my eyes... and that's before I stop and think of the cost.

The small flag is still struggling to fly. Watched it at lunchtime yesterday, it was trying... but never quite making it.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

11861833-Large-flag-of-Mexico-flying-high-near-resort-area-of-Cancun-Stock-Photo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Filming at the Athenaeum tonight - anybody hear anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Pinkfoot1

Perhaps we should follow the example set by the Americans when they went to the moon and left the flag flying there - sort of propped up in a horizontal position so it would look as if it was flying.

An old Enniscorthy video.Rather quaint and surprisingly similar in some ways. https://youtu.be/aWQmX_2AVwk

• Advertisement

kneemos wrote: »
    An old Enniscorthy video.Rather quaint and surprisingly similar in some ways. https://youtu.be/aWQmX_2AVwk

Ugh, at 17.18 "im very fond of the young people"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

Only watched the first few minutes but looks very interesting, and some nice shots of the old town; the Abbey Square and the Cotton Tree in particular caught my eye. And cars parked outside the Castle, ah those were de days :D

Jesus that's spine chilling, the subject matter and the darn music !!

Confirmed and announced that Templeshannon is to get a complete revamp and makeover to tie in with the bypass being completed.

zerks wrote: »
    Confirmed and announced that Templeshannon is to get a complete revamp and makeover to tie in with the bypass being completed.

Might throw a bit of tarmac at the road outside Treacy's.
    Holy disgrace.

Might throw a bit of tarmac at the road outside Treacy's.
    Holy disgrace.

They could get the same worker that "filled" (lol) the potholes on the road from Monart to the Milehouse,it's a work of art.:rolleyes: Who ever said pride in ones work was a thing of the past?

Michael Martin will be laying a wreath at the Patriots Flag at 6pm.

Hmmm.

Michael Martin will be laying a wreath at the Patriots Flag at 6pm.

Hmmm.

Feck all else to be doing I guess. On paid leave and all that

vicwatson wrote: »
    Feck all else to be doing I guess. On paid leave and all that

Probably in canvassing mode for the next election.

• Advertisement

Posted in Roads that thousands of Euro's worth of fencing was stolen off the new bypass.We can all guess the culprits.

Blood trail and more on the Promenade this morning - Gardai on the scene - anybody hear anything?

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Blood trail and more on the Promenade this morning - Gardai on the scene - anybody hear anything?

Heard some guy cut his wrists at the Riverside and was found down at the Old Mill.

Armed GARDAI around Enniscorthy? What's happening

Grey Citroen rammed GARDA car at Bree apparently, GARDA not seriously injured

Village idiots/boy racers out in force tonight - will the Gardai wait until somebody is knocked down before they do something? Large number of people attending a function at the Athenaeum tonight were treated to a special performance as they exited. To this casual observer it's obvious that these individuals are breaking numerous bylaws - excessive noise, speeding in built up areas, illegal exhausts and numberplates etc. I could ring the Gardai but from previous experience they would be more interested in me than the problem being reported.

The thing is,none of these clowns are from the town.They spend all night,every night hanging around the Prom,L+N area so the Gardai won't have to look too hard for them.As you say Del Monte,the Gardai aren't bothered.

Engineers taking levels on the N11 just past the Turret Rocks,probably in preparation for the new bridge and flood defences.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭bravo

Can anyone direct me to The Ringwood(s)? Believe there are some nice walks and flowers there.
    Thanks.

• Advertisement

Work has - at last - started on Dessie Sheahan's and also on the former barber's shop at the top of Slaney Street. In the case of the latter it will be for the umteenth time and will it still remain empty?

Rafter%2BSt.jpg
    Slaney%2BSt.gif

Advertisement