Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Extras for series 5 of Vikings anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Enniscorthy is still in retail meltdown and it's not hard to see why new businesses are slow to start-up, and don't last long when they do. Just look at some of these eye watering rents being sought - and some of the premises are empty for years! Add in extortionate rates, insurance and electricity...

E1.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Is the Enniscorthy Sports Hub part of The Rugby Club, on the same road/entrance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

vicwatson wrote: »
    Is the Enniscorthy Sports Hub part of The Rugby Club, on the same road/entrance?

If you're going down the Ross road from town you take the next right after the rugby club up by those green and yellow houses and the entrance is on that road

Wellyd wrote: »
    If you're going down the Ross road from town you take the next right after the rugby club up by those green and yellow houses and the entrance is on that road

Down to the roundabout after the rugby club? and turn right at the roundabout is it?

• Advertisement

Down to the roundabout after the rugby club? and turn right at the roundabout is it?

Yep I forgot about that little roundabout!

Wellyd wrote: »
    Yep I forgot about that little roundabout!

Down through Gort Na Greine? and the entrance is on the right ???

Down through Gort Na Greine? and the entrance is on the right ???

Yep down by gort Na Greine! Sorry I didn't even know what that was called! there's loads of housing estates on that road that I don't even know what they're called! It's down that road on the right!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

I posted earlier in the thread about the Sportshub being badly advertised and practically impossible to find information about.

It is in fairness a very good facility and ive used it numerous times since i actually found out about it.

We really should be promoting it a lot more than it is been as its an impressive facility.

This is all I could find, and its not much - http://www.visitwexford.ie/locations/enniscorthy-sports-hub you try calling the number and it says that the number doesn't take incoming calls !!!!!

• Advertisement

Free haircuts all day on the 13 of June in Bega Barbers,donations to Wexford Hospice Homecare.

One of our boy racers has just been nabbed.
    Exhaust like the space shuttle.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

About bloody time! As usual tonight one particular boy racer whose car makes explosive bangs as it endlessly circles the town had me dusting off my sniper's rifle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

Would it be suitable to retire to, can't afford Dublin. We have a budge of circa 160-170k and looking for a small house. We have a car but only one of us drives so would like somewhere with a little lively.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

Wexford would be better (I think). More options for things to do, and you'll get something for that price range.

ezra_ wrote: »
    Wexford would be better (I think). More options for things to do, and you'll get something for that price range.

Thanks for that, why do you say Wexford is better, would love to know?

More shops, more things to do, bigger population, better (subjective) night life.

A lot of people on this forum from 'scorthy complain that they have to go into Wexford to get things / see things.

More shops, more things to do, bigger population, better (subjective) night life.

A lot of people on this forum from 'scorthy complain that they have to go into Wexford to get things / see things.

Thanks so much Ezra, I would be interested to hear from anyone living in Wexford town.

If you had the choice to live in Wexford Town or Enniscorthy which would you choose?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Zelda247 wrote: »
    If you had the choice to live in Wexford Town or Enniscorthy which would you choose?

There is very little to do in Enniscorthy anymore. I'd lean towards Wexford now if it was an option.

I see you were wanting Dublin but can't afford it. Gorey might be a better option than Enniscorthy in that case.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    There is very little to do in Enniscorthy anymore. I'd lean towards Wexford now if it was an option.

I see you were wanting Dublin but can't afford it. Gorey might be a better option than Enniscorthy in that case.

Is Gorey a more lively place?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭sjb25

Gorey/Wexford would be your best option Gorey is a nice town loads of shops pubs etc etc it very much a commuter townfor Dublin tho so rent/house prices reflect that it's expensive enough Wexford would be a bit cheaper

Enniscorthy is ok just not a lot shopping wise etc and if you are going to chose enniscorthy visit before you buy some areas would be a no go well for me anyway but same can be said for anywhere I suppose
    If I'd choice between them is pick gorey but Wexford better value maybe

sjb25 wrote: »
    Gorey/Wexford would be your best option Gorey is a nice town loads of shops pubs etc etc it very much a commuter townfor Dublin tho so rent/house prices reflect that it's expensive enough Wexford would be a bit cheaper

Enniscorthy is ok just not a lot shopping wise etc and if you are going to chose enniscorthy visit before you buy some areas would be a no go well for me anyway but same can be said for anywhere I suppose
    If I'd choice between them is pick gorey but Wexford better value maybe

Thanks so much, I am planning to visit all next month.

Personally (and I'm biased) Wexford has a bit more character. It isn't a commuter town for Gorey, so the people there are involved in the area.

Gorey is a nice place, but its likes Blessington, Bray or Arklow; mostly a place for people who work in Dublin to live and the community vibe would reflect that a bit.

Personally (and I'm biased) Wexford has a bit more character. It isn't a commuter town for Gorey, so the people there are involved in the area.

Gorey is a nice place, but its likes Blessington, Bray or Arklow; mostly a place for people who work in Dublin to live and the community vibe would reflect that a bit.

ah yes makes sense. We want to retire so we would like to get involved in the community so Wexford might be better.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Zelda247 you say you are looking to retire, what exactly are you looking for in regards of towns. Co Wexford has 5 major towns Wexford town, Enniscorthy, Gorey, New Ross and Bunclody, Each of these towns has its plus and minus. if your looking for somewhere quiet to retire and enjoy peace then i would say you should think about looking at smaller villages and towns lands in close proximity to any of the towns. There are some lovely properties on the outskirts of Enniscorthy Town for sale as this time. For example there is a cottage on about 1 acre of land for sale about 5 mins drive from Enniscorthy well under your budget.

Navarre wrote: »
    Zelda247 you say you are looking to retire, what exactly are you looking for in regards of towns. Co Wexford has 5 major towns Wexford town, Enniscorthy, Gorey, New Ross and Bunclody, Each of these towns has its plus and minus. if your looking for somewhere quiet to retire and enjoy peace then i would say you should think about looking at smaller villages and towns lands in close proximity to any of the towns. There are some lovely properties on the outskirts of Enniscorthy Town for sale as this time. For example there is a cottage on about 1 acre of land for sale about 5 mins drive from Enniscorthy well under your budget.

We would like somewhere a bit lively with a fair few shops, a nice town with a good few cafes and pubs etc and maybe groups to join, also a tramline to Dublin would of course be brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

We would like somewhere a bit lively with a fair few shops, a nice town with a good few cafes and pubs etc and maybe groups to join, also a tramline to Dublin would of course be brilliant.

Your ruling out Enniscorthy so. Very few shops in the town anymore bar Hairdressers and Charity Shops.

Wexford Town would suit I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭daraghwal

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Your ruling out Enniscorthy so. Very few shops in the town anymore bar Hairdressers and Charity Shops.

Wexford Town would suit I'd say.

Wexford or Gorey definitely. Enniscorthy is dying and is going to be bypassed (not sure whether this is good or bad for the town). Gorey has thrived since it was bypassed a few years ago.

Gorey is a nice town with everything in together while Wexford is a bit more spread out. Although Wexford Bus goes around the town now which is good if you don't have a car

Advertisement