Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Property Partners old offices in Templeshannon has been taken over as the local chamber offices.

There's work going on in The Old Bridge Cafe across the road also.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

zerks wrote: »
    Property Partners old offices in Templeshannon has been taken over as the local chamber offices.

There's work going on in The Old Bridge Cafe across the road also.

Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

I read the article and it didn't mention the Holy Grail specifically as being a grave danger,the report on the FSA website listed places that did pose a threat to health.I reckon the foodstall in Dublin was the one that posed a "grave and immediate threat" due to pathogens in the food.The closure order was in place on the 7th of June and lifted on the 9th.

The article says: "Three of the closure orders were served under the FSAI Act where it is deemed that there is a grave and immediate danger to public health at or in the premises."

It goes on to list the 3 places and The Holy Grail is one of the three so it seems fairly clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

What's the black flag on the hill about,it seems to appear periodically.

kneemos wrote: »
    What's the black flag on the hill about,it seems to appear periodically.

Republicans fly it for commemoration purposes.It has been done for years.

• Advertisement

Republicans fly it for commemoration purposes.It has been done for years.

God be with the days when my lot would go and burn a 'liberty' tree up on the hill every year after 1798 - you tell young people today....:D

Contractors have been drilling test holes along both quays for the past week,must be something to do with the new flood defense works that are on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Ian Whelan wrote: »
    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/eight-food-businesses-closed-for-breaches-in-june-1.2711108

Holy Grail Restaurant closed last month due to a "grave and immediate danger to public health at or in the premises."

Closed in Enniscorthy and now open in New Ross - The sign is up already

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Closed in Enniscorthy and now open in New Ross - The sign is up already

Are you sure the restraunt is closed in Enniscorthy?

They opened a new one in Arklow in March and have been planning the the New Ross one since then as well.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Are you sure the restraunt is closed in Enniscorthy?

They opened a new one in Arklow in March and have been planning the the New Ross one since then as well.

Dont have a clue about the Enniscorthy one other than believing the article in the Irish Times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Dont have a clue about the Enniscorthy one other than believing the article in the Irish Times

Your first post indicates that the restraunt in Enniscorthy is closed and they've moved to New Ross. Is this not what you meant?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Your first post indicates that the restraunt in Enniscorthy is closed and they've moved to New Ross. Is this not what you meant?

not what i meant

As far as I know the one in Enniscorthy is back open again.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

The Enniscorthy Holy Grail was closed on June 7th for 2 days. Its still open and still doing a great trade. All the Grail restaurants are having some sort of specials tomorrow between 12p-3pm to coincide with the opening of the New Ross holy Grail

Why are they covering Slaney St with umbrellas?

Why are they covering Slaney St with umbrellas?

A photo-shoot of some sort to do with a festival - or so I'm told.

Del.Monte wrote: »
    A photo-shoot of some sort to do with a festival - or so I'm told.

Nah,it's part of the new flood defense system,they are using the umbrellas to keep the rain off the river.:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

They have started work again on the bypass site near Monart House

Work going on today on the former Kinsella's Jewellery Centre on the Market Square - another mobile phone shop apparently - just what the town needs.

On Weafer Street a premises belonging to one of the town's merchant princes is also getting a makeover, but given his track record will probably remain vacant.

In more positive news, there seems to be a much higher garda presence on the streets in the last few days. Is it my imagination, the good weather or has there been a change of policing policy? The latter I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

When's the Pattern on lads? Or is it Patron? Is the new graveyard across the road from the old graveyard part of it or separate to it? Thanks.

(Half Scalder but haven't been to the Graveyard/Cemetery Mass in yonks)

• Advertisement

All of those hole in wall shops should be returned to residential use.Nobody wants them and nothing can be done with them,particularly when there's no one around.
    The shops that are there seem to be invariably vacant overhead also.

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Work going on today on the former Kinsella's Jewellery Centre on the Market Square - another mobile phone shop apparently - just what the town needs.

On Weafer Street a premises belonging to one of the town's merchant princes is also getting a makeover, but given his track record will probably remain vacant.

In more positive news, there seems to be a much higher garda presence on the streets in the last few days. Is it my imagination, the good weather or has there been a change of policing policy? The latter I hope.

Higher Garda presence means new recruits in town,it won't take long for the novelty to wear off and going on the beat to stop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    When's the Pattern on lads? Or is it Patron? Is the new graveyard across the road from the old graveyard part of it or separate to it? Thanks.

(Half Scalder but haven't been to the Graveyard/Cemetery Mass in yonks)

The patron is on Sunday 14th August at 3pm according to the newsletter http://www.staidanscathedral.ie/publications/newsletter/17th_July_2016[2016-7-17].pdf

Can't answer your question about the new cemetery though.

jordata wrote: »
    The patron is on Sunday 14th August at 3pm according to the newsletter http://www.staidanscathedral.ie/publications/newsletter/17th_July_2016[2016-7-17].pdf

Can't answer your question about the new cemetery though.

They wire speakers across the road to the new one.Both are classed as the one cemetery.

Workers in the old Jewellery Centre premises,I heard that the gift shop next door wanted to expand to have room for baby stuff,maybe they bought it.Another premises for the portfolio if true.Never mind the umpteen empty places they own around the area.

Why do I hear bagpipes every Saturday morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Why do I hear bagpipes every Saturday morning?

If only St Senans was still open.............:D

vicwatson wrote: »
    If only St Senans was still open.............:D

Definitely hearing The Boys of Wexford of a Saturday morning.

Maybe it's a brain tumour.

Definitely hearing The Boys of Wexford of a Saturday morning.

Maybe it's a brain tumour.

There's a re-enactment and reading of the Proclamation every Saturday morning in Abbey Square for tourists.IMO it should be on later in the day as most tourists are either still asleep or having breakfast at that hour.

• Advertisement

There's a re-enactment and reading of the Proclamation every Saturday morning in Abbey Square for tourists.IMO it should be on later in the day as most tourists are either still asleep or having breakfast at that hour.

Surprisingly, I approve of it as the town needs every bit of colour that it can get but you're right about the timing.

Advertisement