Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

Thanks for that.

Are they building anything north of the N80 roundabout? Or is it just the two arms that will bring the traffic to south 'scorthy and into Oilgate

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

ezra_ wrote: »
    Thanks for that.

Are they building anything north of the N80 roundabout? Or is it just the two arms that will bring the traffic to south 'scorthy and into Oilgate

Local access ramps no doubt,definitely one for Ferns I'd imagine.

Is the Credit Union too small or incredibly slow or both.
    Always a queue out the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Incredibly slow - very primitive, bricks n' mortar style business.

Primarily a physical cash and paper receipt business. No internet facilities that I am aware of... if they do have something available I'm not sure they do much to market it (been a while since I've been in there so this may not hold true as I type this). Without internet banking or a quick and easy way to check my balance on demand, I never use their lodgement envelopes, instead opting to queue and do it all face to face.

Then you get people going through loan applications one on one with the tellers... so whilst you're waiting to pay a few sheckles off your loan, someone is engaged in a 15-20 minute conversation at the desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Primarily a physical cash and paper receipt business. No internet facilities that I am aware of....

I believe all credit unions have online access now http://www.enniscorthycu.ie/online-access/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭cython

Primarily a physical cash and paper receipt business. No internet facilities that I am aware of... if they do have something available I'm not sure they do much to market it (been a while since I've been in there so this may not hold true as I type this). Without internet banking or a quick and easy way to check my balance on demand, I never use their lodgement envelopes, instead opting to queue and do it all face to face.

Then you get people going through loan applications one on one with the tellers... so whilst you're waiting to pay a few sheckles off your loan, someone is engaged in a 15-20 minute conversation at the desk.

As you say, I'm not sure how well they market it, though I think it was mentioned to me a while back when at the counter. Having said that, as another poster has alluded to, if you were wondering about online access, their website would (or at least should) be one of the first ports of call, and to be fair to them it is clearly linked at the top for "Member Online Access", and "Register For Access"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Has anyone got Virgin Media BB yet? It's available to me but I'm in contract with Vodafone until September next year. I'm just curious as to what it's like reliability speed etc.

You can do electronic transfers but it's at the counter and has a seperate queue that is even slower than for the tellers.
    There is an app,but basically its check your balance.

Was in there a couple of times recently for the first time in years,45 minutes and half an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭jpb1974

been a while since I've been in there so this may not hold true as I type this

As I said ^^^

Was in there a couple of times recently for the first time in years,45 minutes and half an hour

Haven't been in there in about 2-3 years myself bar one visit last year to try and buy US Dollars. I try and avoid the place if/when possible.

Worth noting, I'm not making any attempt to knock them - the core services they provide are pretty decent, just the queues are horrible.

I believe all credit unions have online access now http://www.enniscorthycu.ie/online-access/

Can't actually do any banking though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

kneemos wrote: »
    Can't actually do any banking though.

Fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭daraghwal

They don't have millions to put in and secure facilities like banks do. That's how they keep costs down and give more to customers etc

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I heard the new petrol station/retail area in the Milehouse has planning approved.Maybe I'm wrong but wasn't something similar applied for some years ago but as usual it was objected to by retailers in the town?
    Across the road from the planned station the land is on the market with FPP for 99 houses,Medical Centre and creche.

zerks wrote: »
    I heard the new petrol station/retail area in the Milehouse has planning approved.Maybe I'm wrong but wasn't something similar applied for some years ago but as usual it was objected to by retailers in the town?
    Across the road from the planned station the land is on the market with FPP for 99 houses,Medical Centre and creche.

http://dms.wexfordcoco.ie/application_maps.php?q=20160666

Everything gets objected to.RGDATA objected to the new Lidl store,supposedly starting on it next year.
    Can't blame their competitors I suppose,but better stores might encourage a few more shoppers and to visit or stay in the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

It was on the same site. I don't know if anyone objected to it but it was put on hold around the time the Celtic tiger collapsed.

"PERMISSION FOR (A) THE PROPOSED RE-ESTABLISHMENT OF AN EXPIRED PLANNING PERMISSION FOR A LOCAL SHOP UNIT PREVIOUSLY GRANTED ON SITE UNDER PLANNING PERMISSION REG. NO 20072560 (B)"

They are also putting a roundabout outside the site

"TO COMMENCE ALTERATIONS TO THE PUBLIC ROAD UNDER PREVIOUSLY GRANTED PLANNING PERMISSION REG. NO. 20072560 COMPRISING A ROUNDABOUT TOGETHER WITH ALL OTHER ASSOCIATED SITE WORKS AND ANCILLARY SERVICES"

paulaa wrote: »
    It was on the same site. I don't know if anyone objected to it but it was put on hold around the time the Celtic tiger collapsed.

"PERMISSION FOR (A) THE PROPOSED RE-ESTABLISHMENT OF AN EXPIRED PLANNING PERMISSION FOR A LOCAL SHOP UNIT PREVIOUSLY GRANTED ON SITE UNDER PLANNING PERMISSION REG. NO 20072560 (B)"

They are also putting a roundabout outside the site

"TO COMMENCE ALTERATIONS TO THE PUBLIC ROAD UNDER PREVIOUSLY GRANTED PLANNING PERMISSION REG. NO. 20072560 COMPRISING A ROUNDABOUT TOGETHER WITH ALL OTHER ASSOCIATED SITE WORKS AND ANCILLARY SERVICES"

The roundabout was actually marked out before when works were originally to start,it never happened due to the property crash.

The roundabout was actually marked out before when works were originally to start,it never happened due to the property crash.

That's just what I heard. What happened then ?

Boom the bubble burst, taking our sovereignty with it..

jca wrote: »
    Boom the bubble burst, taking our sovereignty with it..

Zerks says no, that's not why it was postponed

2nd day of urine coloured water.

• Advertisement

Like all building work planned,it was shelved.Things are on the up so building is in recovery.
    The developers had plans for a shopping mall in Market Square at the time also,I wonder if that will be resurrected?

Day 4.
    Safe to drink no doubt,but you'd need to be desperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

What's the council saying?

vicwatson wrote: »
    What's the council saying?

Probably Irish Water . Don't drink the the stuff so don't care a whole lot.
    It's actually the same colour as the river,it hasn't rained for a few days so no idea why it should be discoloured
    Might send them an email for the craic if I can find the somewhere to send it

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭gumgum1

Any one hear anything about supervalu and the Abbey mall closing

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭daraghwal

gumgum1 wrote: »
    Any one hear anything about supervalu and the Abbey mall closing

Haven't heard anything but the other day I was in supervalu literally with nobody else in the shop, the shop across from it, the hair dresser, the clothes shop OR the cafe at the bottom so it wouldn't surprise me.

I'll find out tomorrow, a guy in work's partner is working there, jaysus lads there'll be nothing left at this stage, its like a Springsteen song at this stage!!

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭gumgum1

I heard a rumour Mr price were looking to buy it a few weeks back.... but tonight I heard that the staff are being let go and it's closing. Maybe Mr price bought it and they are not keeping on the staff.
    As I said it's all rumours

Wasn't there plans to redevelop the whole place when the plans for Tesco at Quarrypark were announced and this was meant to be the preferred site for any kind of major retail centre?

But of course being Enniscorthy the place will just close down and remain empty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

It wouldn't surprise me if Soviet Valu (the shop with no food) closed down. I use it quite regularly for a small number of things because I detest Dunnes so much. The place is like a giant corner shop from the 1960s and it's quite obvious the owners haven't a clue what they are about. If it wasn't for elderly local residents - without transport - they wouldn't have any customers.

Christmas Eve is a sight to behold as down in Dunnes people are fighting over the last sprout, but down on the Marie Celeste there's literally nobody in the place.

Advertisement