Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Mainly go for the Coleslaw.Often think how the hell is this place still open though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Word on the street this evening is that Supervalu is definitely gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

It's closing on the 24th of September. 22 staff losing their jobs, many of them with long years of service. It'll be a ghost town long before the bypass is finished and when that's done it'll be forgotten about...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

jca wrote: »
    It's closing on the 24th of September. 22 staff losing their jobs, many of them with long years of service. It'll be a ghost town long before the bypass is finished and when that's done it'll be forgotten about...

Jaysus that is terrible news, Will the last person leaving Enniscorthy please turn of the lights ?

I know some families that have moved and some planning to move from Enniscorthy down to Wexford for better opportunities for their kids that they had growing up in the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

That will have a bad effect on the other shops in that mall, the small paper/sweet shop etc..,
    wasnt in there much always thought it was quiet, not enough buusiness in Enniscorthy now for 2 supervalus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Sam McCauleys are having a relaunch today,apart from a few milling around the shop,Rafter St. is almost deserted.The only people in the square were staff from shops on their break.
    The town is actually getting worse and I thought that surely wasn't possible.Supervalu closing is another nail in the coffin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭sjb25

zerks wrote: »
    Sam McCauleys are having a relaunch today,apart from a few milling around the shop,Rafter St. is almost deserted.The only people in the square were staff from shops on their break.
    The town is actually getting worse and I thought that surely wasn't possible.Supervalu closing is another nail in the coffin.

Yep go down to Wexford and you can't walk in a straight line with the amount of people

sjb25 wrote: »
    Yep go down to Wexford and you can't walk in a straight line with the amount of people

Wexford may be better than Enniscorthy but it's far from thriving.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭daraghwal

Gorey however IS thriving

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

lads the caulfield group as a whole are in huge financial difficulty, their new ross store was just sold, the site is a prime location and wont stay vacant for too long, a bit of investment and who knows tesco might locate there

• Advertisement

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Wexford may be better than Enniscorthy but it's far from thriving.

I was down there the other morning at about 11.30 am and it was thronged,came back to Enniscorthy and it was deserted in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Wexford is doing great and soon Opera season will start with singers and various people who come and stay for nearly 2 months add to that visitors in October. Mental season.

Gorey it's the people living there but work in Dublin that's keeping it going.

Enniscorthy may be bad but not as bad as New Ross

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Not all of Wexford is doing well. The North end of the town is dying and there are many vacant shop units. As someone who ran a shop in the town, I can assure you that the spending power of the locals is not very strong, despite the footfall. It can be very deceiving Tourists are the main spenders, so hopefully the numbers stay good

Water meter installers are back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

kneemos wrote: »

Irish water or local coco?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

To areas of least resistance ??

ezra_ wrote: »
    Irish water or local coco?

Irish Water.The Sierra crowd.

Irish Water.The Sierra crowd.

Nice to see our LPT is being put to good use,so much for the lovely parks,libraries etc. that were promised by Wexford Co.Co. in their glossy brochures when the LPT was introduced.Instead the money is being used on water meters in order to gouge more money from us.

zerks wrote: »
    Nice to see our LPT is being put to good use,so much for the lovely parks,libraries etc. that were promised by Wexford Co.Co. in their glossy brochures when the LPT was introduced.Instead the money is being used on water meters in order to gouge more money from us.

Well, they won't be getting any more money from me ( Irish water I mean) not a hope.

Well, they won't be getting any more money from me ( Irish water I mean) not a hope.

They never got any from me and plenty I know stopped paying and these are people who would pay stuff like that in a heartbeat.The council were out fixing leaks for the last few days.It's gas that IW want payment and then subcontract out the work of fixing leaks to the councils who did it for years anyway.Irish political logic at it's finest.

• Advertisement

Word on the street is that Ger Carty's Photographic shop is closing in the not too distant future. Retirement rather than lack of business as I understand it.

Also talk of Mr.Price taking over Caulfield's SuperValu premises, but I'll believe it when I see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Trixieb

Hi does anyone have a phone number for Pa's New and Used furniture in Enniscorthy?
    Thanks

What does Mr Price sell apart from more tat presumably?

Trixieb wrote: »
    Hi does anyone have a phone number for Pa's New and Used furniture in Enniscorthy?
    Thanks

Is it not closed down?

I see sale agreed on the old esb offices on the corner of Castle Hill and Lr Church Street. Anyone know what's going in there?

I see sale agreed on the old esb offices on the corner of Castle Hill and Lr Church Street. Anyone know what's going in there?

There was a pool club on the first floor for a while,popular at first but died away.Barnados will remain downstairs presumably. Only useful for offices really.

Trixieb wrote: »
    Thanks

(053)9236530, Slaneyside Carpets and Furniture.They owned Pa's Used Furniture.

ARUP have been appointed to oversee the Templeshannon Renewal Project.

Am I 'special' or did everybody get an invite? :D

INVITE.jpg

• Advertisement

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Am I 'special' or did everybody get an invite? :D

INVITE.jpg

Did you say yes? Sorry I couldn't resist.

Advertisement