Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

ezra_ wrote: »
    Wexford town has the cheapest petrol that I can see.

Maxol on the Quays, followed by the rest.
    Once you go North of 'scorthy, prices track back towards Dublin.

I don't even know where you can buy petrol in 'Scorthy apart from that place by the bridge which is always expensive and packed (go figure)

Bunclody has 3 filling stations and while they are around the same price for fuel,they tend to be 4 or 5c cheaper per litre than Enniscorthy.

In other news,the site at Clonhaston that was sold has had the planning on it retained.I remember that being originally sold in the boom for crazy money,I reckon it was bought for a fraction of that by the new developer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Folks, anywhere around that I could buy a couple of T shaped clothes line poles off the shelf?

Like this -

Clothes-Line.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Folks, anywhere around that I could buy a couple of T shaped clothes line poles off the shelf?

Like this -

Clothes-Line.jpg

Any engineering company would knock them up fairly handily I'd presume.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭sjb25

jpb1974 wrote: »

Like this -

Clothes-Line.jpg

This guy seems good https://www.facebook.com/raywhelanles/posts/1761624377459781

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Phoenix rising on Slaney Street in the old 4-Star Chinese premises - opening soon?

nLVjXyv.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Phoenix rising on Slaney Street in the old 4-Star Chinese premises - opening soon?

nLVjXyv.png

Better than a charity shop I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

jca wrote: »

Its only Kebab - ish !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Hardly anything to do with Graig Kebabish is is?

Owners of same are big into the cleanliness of outside as much as inside of their unit in Graiguenamanagh; it's festooned with flower pots in full bloom for example.

Nokia6230i wrote: »

Owners of same are big into the cleanliness of outside as much as inside of their unit in Graiguenamanagh; it's festooned with flower pots in full bloom for example.

No kidding.

The Mart is a hive of activity today,some sort of classic car rally.Stalls and simulators and such.

• Advertisement

kneemos wrote: »
    The Mart is a hive of activity today,some sort of classic car rally.Stalls and simulators and such.

That's the Jaimie Murphy memorial run.

Nokia6230i wrote: »

They didn't pick a good location if they want to leave out flower pots etc.

That's the Jaimie Murphy memorial run.

It normally starts and finishes in Ferns but a few NIMBY's said it would be too noisy and disrupt mass.I wouldn't mind but the guy it's in memory of is from Ferns.

zerks wrote: »
    It normally starts and finishes in Ferns but a few NIMBY's said it would be too noisy and disrupt mass.I wouldn't mind but the guy it's in memory of is from Ferns.

My mistake it's Gerard not Jaimie ( he's the valet guy beside the nct centre). There was a great turnout.

Might as well have it in town if they're starting from Enniscorthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭sjb25

Just seen on something on Facebook about the 1798 centre closing down Jesus be nothing left soon

Edit seems it's just for winter months it's closed suppose that be normal enough for places like that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

sjb25 wrote: »
    Just seen on something on Facebook about the 1798 centre closing down Jesus be nothing left soon

I didn't know that place was open still.

Tried getting info online about it a while back and it seemed to be shut or at least not very open. Ended up going to Vinegar Hill instead for the afternoon and then back into Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rackard

sjb25 wrote: »

Edit seems it's just for winter months it's closed suppose that be normal enough for places like that

Not normal at all.
    5 people will lose their jobs because of it and there's no definite re-opening date.

Last one out of Enniscorthy, turn off the lights!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Rackard wrote: »
    Not normal at all.
    5 people will lose their jobs because of it and there's no definite re-opening date.

Last one out of Enniscorthy, turn off the lights!

Normal in a country which has no proper tourism planning apart from endless rebranding exercises - Ireland's Ancient East http://www.irelandsancienteast.com/?gclid=CKD6ydmNwc8CFWq37QoduiADcg how are ye? :rolleyes:

Anyway, will somebody not think of all the council workers who use the 1798 cafe as their canteen.

Eurogiant are opening a store in Templeshannon.Nice to see something new opening there but the town hardly needs another discount store.

• Advertisement

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Normal in a country which has no proper tourism planning apart from endless rebranding exercises - Ireland's Ancient East http://www.irelandsancienteast.com/?gclid=CKD6ydmNwc8CFWq37QoduiADcg how are ye? :rolleyes:

Anyway, will somebody not think of all the council workers who use the 1798 cafe as their canteen.

Interactive map and the only site marked in the whole county is The Dunbrody,piss poor effort of promoting the ancient East.A county steeped in history and nothing on that website about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rackard

Got an "Enniscorthy Town and Area Guide" recently.
    Fold out map sort of thing.

It mostly tells you other spots in Wexford to go to outside of Enniscorthy.

It's littered with typos and poorly laid out.

Oh and it was also designed and printed in......Monaghan.

Site notice in the window where the cake shop was beside Mizoni's Pizza in Templeshannon (perhaps the new EuroGiant store) I didn't get a close look to see what it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Site notice in the window where the cake shop was beside Mizoni's Pizza in Templeshannon (perhaps the new EuroGiant store) I didn't get a close look to see what it was.

I think Eurogiant are going into SuperValue. Or at least that's what I was told by a former member of staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Interactive map and the only site marked in the whole county is The Dunbrody,piss poor effort of promoting the ancient East.A county steeped in history and nothing on that website about it.

It was up councils and organisations to included themselves on the Ancient East list as per usual with Wexford council tourism isn't a high priority

McLoughlin wrote: »
    It was up councils and organisations to included themselves on the Ancient East list as per usual with Wexford council tourism isn't a high priority

I wonder what is their priority? They are raising LPT by 5%,still no sign of all these wonderful extra services they promised while the shortfall in men on the ground is being covered by CE Schemes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

I wonder what is their priority? They are raising LPT by 5%,still no sign of all these wonderful extra services they promised while the shortfall in men on the ground is being covered by CE Schemes.

Business Centre Trinity Street and redevelopment of Wexford Quay which was meant to last a lifetime 15 years ago it's all attract big business to wexford for the council rather than helping the little business .

Money has been allocated for flood defences in the town in today's budget.€44 million divided between ourselves and Cork.

This is an absolute joke, Wex Co Co were one of very few that DIDN'T REDUCE the PT per the last 36 months, and now they are going the opposite way in that they are one of the very few to INCREASE it.

Remember when the next council elections come around to ask what way the councillers voted to decrease and increase this tax.

Labour of course all voted for the increase.

I wouldn't mind if there was VALUE for money but they are wasting money left right and centre on roads and footpaths that don't need doing,and spending a lashing load of money on flagpoles and benches that are all good when the country is flush.

They haven't the priorities right at all in that council.

Why no outcry in Wexford over the increase in Property Tax??

• Advertisement

Business Centre Trinity Street and redevelopment of Wexford Quay which was meant to last a lifetime 15 years ago it's all attract big business to wexford for the council rather than helping the little business .

They have one million euro being spent on a park on the outside of Wexford Town.

Parks are great, we all love parks, but not when there is greater need for money elsewhere in the county. Priorities all wrong.

Advertisement