Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

vicwatson wrote: »

They haven't the priorities right at all in that council.

Why no outcry in Wexford over the increase in Property Tax??

It was hidden away in a small paragraph that most people might not even notice.Pictures of Debs etc. are deemed more important than the prospect of more money being taken out of the public's pockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

zerks wrote: »
    It was hidden away in a small paragraph that most people might not even notice.Pictures of Debs etc. are deemed more important than the prospect of more money being taken out of the public's pockets.

This is a council, one of the few, that never reduced it. Disgusting really

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Why is the SE Radio van in the square ?

kneemos wrote: »
    Why is the SE Radio van in the square ?

There's a competition: "Find the shoppers.":P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

There's a competition: "Find the shops.":P

FYP :(

• Advertisement

Euro Giant is meant to be open today.At least the old SV premises didn't end up closed up for long.

IMG_6993.JPG

Painters at work on the outside this morning and shelves fully stocked - I can't wait. :D

They're a 2 Euro store ? As opposed to Dealz €1.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭jpb1974

We'll have to shop around between Mr. Price, Dealz, EuroGiant and the Chinese place now to find the best bargain :-)

jpb1974 wrote: »
    We'll have to shop around between Mr. Price, Dealz, EuroGiant and the Chinese place now to find the best bargain :-)

We should run a book on who will close down first. My money would be on the Chinese followed by Mr.Price.

• Advertisement

I think Mr. Price will be alright - simple things like milk and bread attract people in the area. Its on my way home and it's just a heaven saver for me being able to stop in somewhere where I'm not fighting traffic and looking for parking. I'd imagine it does a lot of trade with cars passing up and down that road.

As part of the Templeshannon renewal, they might even have to expand when all the bypass traffic heads in and out that way ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Del.Monte wrote: »
    IMG_6993.JPG

Painters at work on the outside this morning and shelves fully stocked - I can't wait. :D

You probably got a deal on your juice hence all the promotion here!!!

Who does the best (value for money being a plus) fry up in the town these days folks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Smashing fry up in The Cotton Tree Cafe.

Jez, forgot about that place having been in there several times. Sausages are good in there.

Who does the best (value for money being a plus) fry up in the town these days folks?

Heard the place in Old Dunnes Car Park is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Little Spoon, very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Heard the place in Old Dunnes Car Park is good.

My dad goes there twice a week.

Thinks it's very nice but Barry the owner is great for a chat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭WhoWhatWhere

We should run a book on who will close down first. My money would be on the Chinese followed by Mr.Price.

The Chinese man is a bloody millionaire, he's going no where. Besides EuroGiant is on a 3 month lease I hear.

Does anyone know for sure is mr price moving into where Donohoes was or what? I heard it was going into where supervalu was but now that's changed - starting to wonder

• Advertisement

The Chinese man is a bloody millionaire, he's going no where. Besides EuroGiant is on a 3 month lease I hear.

I thought the Chinese had bought Sheenans ?

Word is that the Chinese Euro shop is no longer moving to Sheehan's and the expensively renovated building is to go up for sale - another branch of the SVP perhaps?

Word is that the Chinese Euro shop is no longer moving to Sheehan's and the expensively renovated building is to go up for sale - another branch of the SVP perhaps?

I'd heard that a long time ago.Dealz kinda scuppered that move.That is a large premises,it'd be a nice poke in the eye for Dunnes if the likes of Iceland moved into it while the old Dunnes remained empty.
    I see the old ESB offices at Castle St. have a Sale Agreed sign on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

As part of the Templeshannon renewal, they might even have to expand when all the bypass traffic heads in and out that way ;-)
    Will this involve the destruction of (more) 18th/19th century buildings?

Still think it's a load of bullshoite tbh.Might get some local traffic in that way but there's a duel carriageway linking Scarwalsh,can't see a lot of people opting to literally go round the houses.

I take it the Mr. Price thing isn't factual then?

Euro Giant opened in the old SuperValu supermarket at 12 Noon today.

14666115_1441367742541844_8020231463320212493_n.jpg?oh=a548f8153786d33756ebfdf092a3b239&oe=58A0DF75

Atina's in Templeshannon must be getting new owners,workmen in there today. The premises where Footprints used to be on Weafer St. also getting a makeover.

Atina's in Templeshannon must be getting new owners,workmen in there today. The premises where Footprints used to be on Weafer St. also getting a makeover.

I've heard before Gino was opening up for weekends only, but that could be changed. If it's another takeaway I don't see the point, there's enough of the bloody things. The whole town is pound shops, supermarkets, pubs and chippers

• Advertisement

The rear of the Church of Ireland resembles a prison unfortunately after having all of its stained glass windows covered in a mesh,presumably they've had breakages.

Advertisement