Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Wilsons Bar to reopen next Friday,not sure if under same or new management.

A new Beauticians also set to open first week of December at The Duffry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭secman

"UK and Irish sizes are different for plumbing fittings,we still use imperial for fittings."

Always think it's funny when I hear plumbers ordering 20 meters of 1/2 inch piping:)

secman wrote: »
    "UK and Irish sizes are different for plumbing fittings,we still use imperial for fittings."

Always think it's funny when I hear plumbers ordering 20 meters of 1/2 inch piping:)

It's a weird one,we use imperial sizes when it comes to plumbing yet the UK who swear by imperial measurements don't use the same size plumbing fittings as us.:P

Del Monte was right,no Christmas tree in the Square.

What the do have is one of those inverted bungee things for kids,nice to see something so festive owned by a private operator set up instead in order to make money.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

In all fairness,what kind of fuckwits do we have sitting on the town council?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Edups2.0

zerks wrote: »
    Del Monte was right,no Christmas tree in the Square.

What the do have is one of those inverted bungee things for kids,nice to see something so festive owned by a private operator set up instead in order to make money.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

that's the only reason there is no tree. They didn't have room for both. It's a thundering disgrace. The tree next door to us in Wexford is absolutely gorgeous too.

I might run for council just to sort out these clowns.

Oh yeah the trampoline bull**** is €4 for a breathtaking 5 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭jpb1974

The type that puts a zebra crossing beside the crossroads at the top of Weafer Street. On the bright side, at least nobody had to be run-over before they dug it up and moved it a few days later.

jpb1974 wrote: »
    The type that puts a zebra crossing beside the crossroads at the top of Weafer Street. On the bright side, at least nobody had to be run-over before they dug it up and moved it a few days later.

Are they also the ones who won't put one where it's badly needed at the crossing at the Quay to bus stop? I've done this all out in my head and it works like so:

To cross safely (that is using the zebra crossings and other safe crossings) you'd have to cross at AIB, but once you get across the path at the bridge you're ****ed.

The only way of getting across without waiting for a gap in traffic is to cross at the end of slaney street, outside the cafe, then cross again at Gadget a Technology.

Why is there no crossing there? Who said "🀔 We need that at aib lads."

When factored into other features exclusive to Enniscorthy such as -

* Zero policing of cars parked in the bus lane, resulting in buses having to park in the left lane reducing traffic down to one lane
    * Artics trying to reverse into Dunnes

Another zebra crossing would probably cause too much traffic disruption, even if it does make total sense.

When factored into other features exclusive to Enniscorthy such as -

* Zero policing of cars parked in the bus lane, resulting in buses having to park in the left lane reducing traffic down to one lane
    * Artics trying to reverse into Dunnes

Another zebra crossing would probably cause too much traffic disruption, even if it does make total sense.

That's the biggest problem. God no don't sort out THAT problem, then we need to deal with THAT problem too!

Total ****ing ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Why they insist on salting bone dry roads I can never figure . I'm sure they have a policy but all it does is draw the moisture from the ground and make any salted roads wet and greasy . They're almost white sometimes there's that much salt on them.

• Advertisement

kneemos wrote: »
    Why they insist on salting bone dry roads I can never figure . I'm sure they have a policy but all it does is draw the moisture from the ground and make any salted roads wet and greasy . They're almost white sometimes there's that much salt on them.

Have to look like they're doing something.

NRA or whatever they are called now give the directions to do it to the councils,I've seen them salting and then it pisses rain an hour later.Common sense doesn't come into it.Councils have to do what they are told.

NRA or whatever they are called now give the directions to do it to the councils,I've seen them salting and then it pisses rain an hour later.Common sense doesn't come into it.Councils have to do what they are told.

Seems wasteful and pointless.The local councils know what the road conditions are like,and all of these truck loads of salt wash straight into the river when it does rain.

Seems wasteful and pointless.The local councils know what the road conditions are like,and all of these truck loads of salt wash straight into the river when it does rain.

Aye but the rules have to be followed the faceless know best for us :rolleyes:

Looks like somebody has been reading this thread or actually listened to the public,Enniscorthy seems to be getting a Christmas Tree.Terrible the council have to be shamed into it.

Looks like somebody has been reading this thread or actually listened to the public,Enniscorthy seems to be getting a Christmas Tree.Terrible the council have to be shamed into it.

Where's it going? I wonder if they'll actually make it look nice instead of just flinging a string of lights at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

Here it is, Enniscorthy's new Christmas tree:

6a00d8341ed39853ef0105362c9c9d970c-800wi

Feeling festive?

It's more beautiful than I ever could have imagined.

The power of social media. https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwih16u-ys7QAhXKC8AKHdpQCGIQFggaMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wexfordecho.ie%2Fnews%2Fwexford-news%2Fenniscorthynews%2F&usg=AFQjCNGHTVlwnboL5Kj5xLubYr4an96wUw

Anyone know where the 10 trees mentioned in the article are? I walk through town most evenings and can't say I've noticed any, but I'd be lying if I said I was on high alert for public Christmas decoration displays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Anyone know where the 10 trees mentioned in the article are? I walk through town most evenings and can't say I've noticed any, but I'd be lying if I said I was on high alert for public Christmas decoration displays.

I think they are just the normal trees around. A few seem to have a good few lights on them.

Gotcha... I was expecting traditional evergreen conifer Christmas trees with lights, decoration and a star or angel on top, the normal trees with lights on them never crossed my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Gotcha... I was expecting traditional evergreen conifer Christmas trees with lights, decoration and a star or angel on top, the normal trees with lights on them never crossed my mind.

Well that's what I'm assuming they were referring to as I hadn't seen any traditional trees up anywhere.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Well that's what I'm assuming they were referring to as I hadn't seen any traditional trees up anywhere.

Me neither :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Picture up on Enniscorthy history and photos Facebook page of evergreen Christmas tree in the square.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1158173144238674&id=100001379973670&set=gm.895901860545503&source=48

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭daraghwal

Wellyd wrote: »
    Picture up on Enniscorthy history and photos Facebook page of evergreen Christmas tree in the square.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1158173144238674&id=100001379973670&set=gm.895901860545503&source=48

"The page you requested cannot be displayed at the moment" That's ironic :D

daraghwal wrote: »
    "The page you requested cannot be displayed at the moment" That's ironic :D

Try this. https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1158173144238674&id=100001379973670&set=gm.895901860545503&source=48

Not working either.

I like how they said there wasn't one last year. I must have seen a mirage.

The tree is now standing in the square with the abomination of an overpriced bungee ride beside it...........Now all we need are a few more shops stocking stuff we actually want and a few more shoppers to populate said shops.

• Advertisement

Wilsons old bar is to reopen under new management and a new name: Popovici's.

Advertisement