Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Is Delaney's newsagent moving or closing? I hear the building is up for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

zerks wrote: »

I would hope not! They are handy to have around the corner from my house for ecigs and small things. But I wouldn't be shocked if they were to close down with the way the towns gone

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Sign on building says tenant unaffected by sale.

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Sign on building says tenant unaffected by sale.

Must be apts above.

Gadget technology is the same and the same message on the Daft.ie ad, must be selling apts for commercial use like offices or some such.

Another shop looks to be opening at the bottom of Slaney St. There's a new sign over where the computer shop used to be.

• Advertisement

Another shop looks to be opening at the bottom of Slaney St. There's a new sign over where the computer shop used to be.

That was just an advertisement sign from what I saw. Something about Ads online for €1?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

Anyone know if the farmers' market is on Saturday/Chrstmas Eve as normal? I presume it is but got asked the question this morning and it got me wondering. Thanks.

According to their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Enniscorthy-Farmers-Market-153869981639333/

The Christmas Market is Friday, December 23 rd !! Come support your local market for all your Holiday shopping. The first market in 2017 is January 14th. See you all then !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

Thanks a million Del.Monte. Glad I asked now. I'd be a sad site turning up on the 24th and neither a carrot nor a brussels sprout to be found!

Not a nice sight to see in Market Square at lunchtime,4 young lads eating lunch and their rubbish scattered around the monument while 2 of them were throwing stuff down across the street at a Roma woman who had a baby in a buggy.Only for the fact I was in moving traffic I'd have said something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Not a nice sight to see in Market Square at lunchtime,4 young lads eating lunch and their rubbish scattered around the monument while 2 of them were throwing stuff down across the street at a Roma woman who had a baby in a buggy.Only for the fact I was in moving traffic I'd have said something.

Ring the CBS and let them know. I know a few years ago there was a crowd from 5th year messing in Xtravision and got the whole year group banned from leaving school premises at lunch.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Ring the CBS and let them know. I know a few years ago there was a crowd from 5th year messing in Xtravision and got the whole year group banned from leaving school premises at lunch.

Ah that's not fair though. Just because there's a small few little ****s acting up isn't fair to ban the entire year from going out for lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Ah that's not fair though. Just because there's a small few little ****s acting up isn't fair to ban the entire year from going out for lunch.

If Zerks has a rough description of the lads you'd be surprised how quick the teachers would be able to identify them.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    If Zerks has a rough description of the lads you'd be surprised how quick the teachers would be able to identify them.

Definitely try to pick them out of a line up but I wouldn't agree just a blanket ban on all students. Not fair at all for a few arse holes to be acting the maggot and having everyone stuck in at lunch. When I was in school going out into the town at lunch was a great hour away just to refresh yourself if you're stuck in school for the full 6-7 hours you'd be fcuked up of the place

Besides that the little bastards who do this will go out the town regardless, it's the students who don't want to break rules that will stay behind and end up suffering the punishment

Rumours that the pet shop in Court St. is to close.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

True I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

Can anyone recommend an electrician to install an oven before Christmas ?

If this is not allowed here mods please delete

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Mod Note

Folks if yous are going to name Electricians on this page please make sure they are ECCSA or RECI registered and qualified Electricians and not some handy man. we don't want to be held responsible for anything.
    thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

Please disregard my last post . I got an electrician. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭johnwd

Was in Enniscorthy over the week and took a walk up around Rectory Road . OMFG the amount of dog excrement all over the place was beyond belief. Big lumps of it every 10 yards. Heard that there are loose dogs being allowed to roam and crap all over the place as well as owners walking their dogs but not cleaning up after their dogs. It is SHAMEFUL. Enniscorthy people PLEASE PLEASE take more care of what is a lovely town if it were kept right. I could rant on here too about the council not cleaning up the road too but the solution is more with the owners I feel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

Completely agree that owners should pick up after their dogs. However, I think the council should look at placing more bins in areas where many people walk, especially with their dogs. Don't get me wrong I'm not making excuses for people not picking up after their dogs, but if you look at the road out at the back of the graveyard and around the roundabout there are no bins, as far as I'm aware, for people to dispose of dog dirt.
    On a slightly different issue, walking through town over the Christmas/New Year period the amount of broken glass on footpaths around the town was unreal.

English%2Bfaded.jpg

Englishe's are having a 'Closing Down' sale - perhaps it really is the end this time.

stone%2Bfaded.jpg

Meanwhile I visited the Pokemon Gym stone at the Duffry which commemorates 1916 or is it Cllr.John Browne and Joe Treacy of the First National Building Society who are commemorated? Who cares about these two nobodys and why are their names emblazoned almost as large as the details of the actual event being commemorated? Same nonsense at the Castle, the Seamus Rafter bridge, the old bridge and on Rafter Street. :rolleyes:

Forgot to mention that there are only three scrubby looking trees remaining at the Duffry and one of those is nearly falling over.

Photos courtesy of Robin MGP.

English furniture has had that closing down sale going for about a year now.

English furniture has had that closing down sale going for about a year now.

Are you sure? The previous notices referred to a 'stock clearance' sale? I won't be surprised if it's just another marketing effort. I was in there once circa 2001 but never felt the urge to return.

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Are you sure? The previous notices referred to a 'stock clearance' sale? I won't be surprised if it's just another marketing effort. I was in there once circa 2001 but never felt the urge to return.

No. The "closing down" sale sign has been up since the summer at the earliest but I defiantly remember it being there sometime before Easter. I even asked when he is closing down and he admitted he's not, just to get people in. Eugene is a sound chap but the furniture he's selling is way too expensive for a town like Enniscorthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭johnwd

Bells21 wrote: »
    Completely agree that owners should pick up after their dogs. However, I think the council should look at placing more bins in areas where many people walk, especially with their dogs. Don't get me wrong I'm not making excuses for people not picking up after their dogs, but if you look at the road out at the back of the graveyard and around the roundabout there are no bins, as far as I'm aware, for people to dispose of dog dirt.
    On a slightly different issue, walking through town over the Christmas/New Year period the amount of broken glass on footpaths around the town was unreal.

Broken glass around Enniscorthy and Templeshannon in particular has been a problem since the year dot ... that and chip papers. As for the bins for dog poop, when there aren't any then I say either a) bring it home or b) get those bio degradeable bags and peg the thing into a ditch/field rather than leaving it on the pavement for someone to walk into.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

johnwd wrote:
    Broken glass around Enniscorthy and Templeshannon in particular has been a problem since the year dot ... that and chip papers. As for the bins for dog poop, when there aren't any then I say either a) bring it home or b) get those bio degradeable bags and peg the thing into a ditch/field rather than leaving it on the pavement for someone to walk into.

Yes it probably has been an issue since year dot but that still doesn't make it right, not a good signal to send out to visitors who might be wandering around, what happens if someone fell and cut themselves or who pays vet bills for an owner when their animal slices their paw on it?
    The poster before me complained about walking past a lot of dog dirt, clearly people haven't been cleaning up after their dogs so I would doubt that they'd be inclined to pick it up and bring it home with them. But if there were more bins in proximity to where they were walking they might be more inclined to dispose of it.

Bells21 wrote: »
    Yes it probably has been an issue since year dot but that still doesn't make it right, not a good signal to send out to visitors who might be wandering around, what happens if someone fell and cut themselves or who pays vet bills for an owner when their animal slices their paw on it?
    The poster before me complained about walking past a lot of dog dirt, clearly people haven't been cleaning up after their dogs so I would doubt that they'd be inclined to pick it up and bring it home with them. But if there were more bins in proximity to where they were walking they might be more inclined to dispose of it.

The council should be out giving fines to people instead of sitting around moaning about Christmas trees and depression. Get out and fcuking do their jobs for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

The council should be out giving fines to people instead of sitting around moaning about Christmas trees and depression. Get out and fcuking do their jobs for a change.

Moaning about depression? The highlighting by our county councillors of the current Mental Health shortfalls of the current and past governments is moaning? The only moaning going on is on this thread. Depression is not something that should be dismissed in the same breath as Christmas trees. That comment is completely out of order. I'm sorry if I'm coming across angry but you've obviously never had family members affected by depression.

D.

• Advertisement

Decoda wrote: »
    Moaning about depression? The highlighting by our county councillors of the current Mental Health shortfalls of the current and past governments is moaning? The only moaning going on is on this thread. Depression is not something that should be dismissed in the same breath as Christmas trees. That comment is completely out of order. I'm sorry if I'm coming across angry but you've obviously never had family members affected by depression.

D.

I should be clearer- Keith Doyle Cllr was whinging about people in the town asking for a Christmas Tree and his argument against it was no ones arguing for depression which is absolutely ridiculous and a complete lie. My wife suffers from depression so I can understand how important it is but to compare it with a traditional holiday is not like for like.

Advertisement