Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

The butchers that Mick is opening is gonna be organic and gluten free meats only. Hopefully it does well, Mick is a nice lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭trompele

Anyone has any idea when Ftth will be available in Enniscorthy? Would you know if Old Dublin road is ready? Today (Subday) i saw bunch of Eir lads blowing fibre on Blackwater road (near mr price). So suprised they work today

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭daraghwal

trompele wrote: »
    Anyone has any idea when Ftth will be available in Enniscorthy? Would you know if Old Dublin road is ready? Today (Subday) i saw bunch of Eir lads blowing fibre on Blackwater road (near mr price). So suprised they work today

Yep, they're really trying to get ahead with their rollout, although they are behind their own estimates. Throw you're eircode in here and see what you get http://fibrerollout.ie/eircode-lookup/

On the map on the website: 5990 premises in this exchange can now access up to 100Mb/s fibre broadband. Estimated date for first Live FTTH Fibre Services with speeds up to 1000Mb/s is Spring/Summer 2017

Take that as the end of 2017 to be honest. It will either say something along those lines in the checker above if you are covered or if not, you'll have to wait for the national broadband plan and when that is done is anyone's guess

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

eir working at the cabinets on the Ross Road too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The contractors were getting that stretch ready about 2 months ago.I asked them at the time and they weren't sure but reckoned it would be soon enough.They were working at the end of Milehouse road a couple of weeks ago too.

• Advertisement

New update on FTTH for Enniscorthy. Anyone looking for fibre DO NOT try and order until 4th May at earliest to avoid a lot of bother! There's a lot of mix ups going on with people doing preorders etc. so you're better off just waiting to order if it's available to you. To see if it will be available check here http://fibrerollout.ie/eircode-lookup/
    This map http://www.dccae.gov.ie/en-ie/communications/topics/Broadband/national-broadband-plan/high-speed-broadband-map/Pages/Interactive-Map.aspx
    shows a lot of information too.
    6000 premises in this exchange can now access up to 100Mb/s fibre broadband. Estimated date for live 1000Mb/s fibre is 03 May.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Can one only get this from eir or do others provide it also?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Enniscorthy has Virgin Media 240mb and 360mb broadband available. It was even set up for the old Dublin rd industrial estate.

vicwatson wrote: »

Sky aren't doing FTTH yet but are trialling it with their staff, they will allow eir to **** up a few times first, then jump on when the biggest obstacles are resolved.

Yes there are a few e.g. pure telecom. Vodafone don't as they are building their own network and want to compete but they're not coming to Enniscorthy

• Advertisement

Pints of beautiful Yellow Belly Citra available in Stamps and Rackards now, and it really is a great pint.

Gorey is getting a branch of Iceland as part of their expansion in Ireland, Enniscorthy will probably get another charity shop.

zerks wrote: »
    Gorey is getting a branch of Iceland as part of their expansion in Ireland, Enniscorthy will probably get another charity shop.

We don't need another supermarket.

We don't need another supermarket.

We need a miracle at this stage if the town is to recover as a retail centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Disturbing -

http://www.wexfordecho.ie/2017/04/11/knifepoint-robbery-in-town-centre/

Anyone have any more info as to who was responsible (locals, blow-ins)? Not something you'd typically associate with the town.

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Disturbing -

http://www.wexfordecho.ie/2017/04/11/knifepoint-robbery-in-town-centre/

Anyone have any more info as to who was responsible (locals, blow-ins)? Not something you'd typically associate with the town.

We have our local scumbag element but they are never known to do anything like that,there's another element residing in the town who are well capable of it.According to the article the gardai seem to know the culprits.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

We have our local scumbag element but they are never known to do anything like that,there's another element residing in the town who are well capable of it.According to the article the gardai seem to know the culprits.

Would it be part of their culture by any chance?

That's what I'm wondering - its not the norm for this town, so I'm really interested to find out who was responsible, but I won't jump to any conclusions yet.

Would it be part of their culture by any chance?

Maybe in their country;)

Folks, are we sure it was non-nationals that are responsible? Are people jumping to conclusions here, or is there a rumor going around that it might have been them?

• Advertisement

screen-shot-2016-05-11-at-10-40-48-am.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

In other 'exciting' news, the proprietor of the kip Castle Venue has been busy inside there for the last few weeks - can it be reopening again?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Bellfield Rd. looks about ready for its annual resurfacing.

It wasn't a foreign national who did it. I assure you.

kneemos wrote: »

It's being done all the way to Monart to join up with the new interchange when it's built.What's the bets as soon as it's done we'll have somebody dig it up.AFAIK the contractors laying fibre stopped at The Bloody Bridge but have plans to go further out the road.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

kneemos wrote: »

With all the education and brains between the council and NRA you would think that they would come together and resurface the road the 2 weeks that the schools are closed or will they wait until 8.30am on 24th Apr to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Don't forget to come out for the 1916 re-enactment tomorrow. Given my politics I'll be keeping a low profile. :D

Enniscorthy%2BRe-enactment.jpg

Heard who was responsible for the robbery at the ATM,not surprised, scumbag.May the steroids rot him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭black & white

I visit the town regularly but usually as a day trip, decided to stay over this weekend and whether it was the Easter Weekend or what, there seemed to be no recession in any of the pubs we visited ! Really enjoyed the Alba restaurant and Hayes pub, would liked to have gone into Stamps but it was packed solid when we tried. Went into a couple of others but nothing special, can anyone recommend a nice comfortable pub for 50 somethings please for our next visit ?

• Advertisement

I visit the town regularly but usually as a day trip, decided to stay over this weekend and whether it was the Easter Weekend or what, there seemed to be no recession in any of the pubs we visited ! Really enjoyed the Alba restaurant and Hayes pub, would liked to have gone into Stamps but it was packed solid when we tried. Went into a couple of others but nothing special, can anyone recommend a nice comfortable pub for 50 somethings please for our next visit ?

I was in Hayes myself yesterday evening, a lovely pint there.Dawson's is decent.

Advertisement