Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Just wondering the same, he has been over my house for the last 15 mins

Must be the terrorists.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Fire brigade and ambulance just headed up Castle Street towards the Duffry sirens blaring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

kneemos wrote: »
    Must be the terrorists.

The Gimont jihadi's

Now Garda car and ambulance down Castle Hill to an incident at the river. :eek:

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Fire brigade and ambulance just headed up Castle Street towards the Duffry sirens blaring.

Apparently someone in trouble in the river at the new bridge. i got off Wexford bus about 5 and there was a load of our local travelling community having a "swim" in it...

• Advertisement

Apparently someone in trouble in the river at the new bridge. i got off Wexford bus about 5 and there was a load of our local travelling community having a "swim" in it...

They probably came out of Kehoe's. :rolleyes:

SE Radio has it arseways as usual - they are saying the Coastguard helicopter was involved at the bridge which it clearly wasn't. Why would it be circling the town ages before the bridge incident and why would the fire brigade and ambulance be heading away from the bridge a good ten minutes before the gardai and an ambulance screamed down to the bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

SE Radio has it arseways as usual - they are saying the Coastguard helicopter was involved at the bridge which it clearly wasn't. Why would it be circling the town ages before the bridge incident and why would the fire brigade and ambulance be heading away from the bridge a good ten minutes before the gardai and an ambulance screamed down to the bridge.

Was awaiting a frantic report from Jimmy Gahan but alas we missed out.

In other news, jaysus, that Ringwood chap in Switzerland turned out to be some nutjob.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭daraghwal

• Advertisement

Still strange goings on - the helicopter was buzzing the town for ages. I went out did a bit of shopping, came home and a fire brigade and ambulance tore up the town (i.e the opposite direction to the river) about 5.40pm and then, ten minutes later, an ambulance and squad car tore down to the Super Valu carpark and attended at the river. The helicopter was gone at this stage. Also why would someone ring for the Coastguard rather than the Gardai just up the road? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭daraghwal

Still strange goings on - the helicopter was buzzing the town for ages. I went out did a bit of shopping, came home and a fire brigade and ambulance tore up the town (i.e the opposite direction to the river) about 5.40pm and then, ten minutes later, an ambulance and squad car tore down to the Super Valu carpark and attended at the river. The helicopter was gone at this stage. Also why would someone ring for the Coastguard rather than the Gardai just up the road? :confused:

I think 999 can go through to the coastguard? Not certain though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

daraghwal wrote: »
    I think 999 can go through to the coastguard? Not certain though.

Yes, if you ring 999 (or 112) and its a water based emergency, they can call in the Coast guard who coordinate the rescue (they have the helicopters and the RNLI, the guards don't).

If guards or ambulances are needed, the Coast Guard will call them in after they've deployed the RNLI/Helicopter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

The girl was driven by ambulance to the showgrounds and transferred to Waterford in the helicopter.

I've heard through friends that a man named Sean Cahill jumped in to save her after she got into difficulty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Sean is with the Slaney search and rescue a very dedicated volunteer.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Where's Damien Dempsey when you need him !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Was walking down The Prom yesterday evening, unaware of the incident on the river. Coincidentally, there was a D reg Land Rover parked in the corner where Slaney Search & Rescue are located, on the yellow box, in front of the sign which basically reads "Do Not Park - Emergency Exit". Honestly... some people just don't give two f?cks.

Okay, where was the fire engine and ambulance heading to that came up Castle Hill?

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Was walking down The Prom yesterday evening, unaware of the incident on the river. Coincidentally, there was a D reg Land Rover parked in the corner where Slaney Search & Rescue are located, on the yellow box, in front of the sign which basically reads "Do Not Park - Emergency Exit". Honestly... some people just don't give two f?cks.

The reg letter is hardly relevant is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Okay, where was the fire engine and ambulance heading to that came up Castle Hill?

Possibly the Showgrounds, where the helicopter was waiting.

• Advertisement

vicwatson wrote: »

D,own the country for the day....

Did it hurt?

It was actually 12-D, Land Rover LR4 model ;-)

Did it hurt?

Does it matter? No, it doesn't.

Does it matter? No, it doesn't.

Do I care? No, I don't.

Do I care? No, I don't.

The reg is irrelevant, more Dub bashing unnecessarily. The driver of the car is a gob****e no matter where they are from. Agreed? They could very well be from Enniscorthy.

The reg is irrelevant, more Dub bashing unnecessarily. The driver of the car is a gob****e no matter where they are from. Agreed?

The only thing I think anyone reading this will agree on, is that you're a nit picking plonker who should probably get a life.

Debate ends here. PM me if you're upset, you can call up to town and see me if you want.

The only thing I think anyone reading this will agree on, is that you're a nit picking plonker who should probably get a life.

Debate ends here. PM me if you're upset, you can call up to town and see me if you want.

Slaney Street lads.

"Oh, he mentioned it was a D reg... oh, surely not... oh, he's a Dub basher... oh, its my duty as a boards internet warrior to call him out on that"

FFS... gimme a break, no time for that lark. End of.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Speaking of Slaney Search and Rescue, they are forever having to fish life bouys out of the river as gobsh1tes throw them in "for the craic". Great craic until one of these eejits or their friends need one.We've had 2 young people nearly drown in the river within a week and only luck and the bravery of others saved them.
    Only a week or so ago the river was in flood and it's ice cold,not the place to be swimming.
    As for the numpty parking on the slipway,I've had gotten their vehicle towed and impounded.

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    Speaking of Slaney Search and Rescue, they are forever having to fish life bouys out of the river as gobsh1tes throw them in "for the craic". Great craic until one of these eejits or their friends need one.We've had 2 young people nearly drown in the river within a week and only luck and the bravery of others saved them.
    Only a week or so ago the river was in flood and it's ice cold,not the place to be swimming.
    As for the numpty parking on the slipway,I've had gotten their vehicle towed and impounded.

Yep - Picked one up from the ditch down by the Prom footbridge on Tuesday night, put it back in it's holder. Maybe for H&S reasons I didn't put it back straight... the warrior will soon tell us.

Advertisement