Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

kneemos wrote: »
    Is there a plan for the courthouse or is it spend a million on it and leave it to rot again?

Council offices is the word on the street.Don't they have offices in the Market Square and the Old Dublin Road??? How many do they need?

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

More evidence this morning of late night activities at St.Mary's - and I doubt it was the parishioners!

Of course this sort of carry-on is nothing new but is not helped by certain publicans who are blasé about securing their property and that of their neighbours. :mad:[/quote]

Perhaps the parishioners need to fundraise for a good security system. I know it shouldn't be necessary, it's disgraceful what these scrotes are doing to the Church.

24 hour monitored cctv or security guards are probably the only solution unfortunately. These scumbags really are the dregs of society.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Anyone heading down for Rock n Food today? Simon Lamberts will be there with a few tasty new Yellow Belly beeers...Stamps have 2 on draft now, Rackards one...great to be able to drink a really good, local beer in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Stamps%2B2.JPG

Stamp's is definitely the high point of any visit to Enniscorthy but as for "Yellowbelly" give it a wide berth - a nice pint of "Hophouse 13" beats it hands down. Stamp's has the best Guinness in town too. :D

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Stamps%2B2.JPG

Stamp's is definitely the high point of any visit to Enniscorthy but as for "Yellowbelly" give it a wide berth - a nice pint of "Hophouse 13" beats it hands down. Stamp's has the best Guinness in town too. :D

I love the Yellowbelly IPA, had 2 pints in Stamps yesterday, nectar in a glass!

• Advertisement

20170805_113821.jpg?width=641&height=481

Photo: Robin MGP.

New Coffee shop opening where the Sue Ryder charity shop was - bad location and I wouldn't be optimistic about its chances. Flights of stairs are a no-no in any business and there's already plenty of competition in the market.

20170805_113821.jpg?width=641&height=481

Photo: Robin MGP.

New Coffee shop opening where the Sue Ryder charity shop was - bad location and I wouldn't be optimistic about its chances. Flights of stairs are a no-no in any business and there's already plenty of competition in the market.

Its close to post office, 2 banks and the credit union, lots of footfall in that area, but agree with steps, especially for the auld ones!

Town is buzzing today though, great to see...had a lovely Yellow Belly beer and a a decent burger earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Stamps%2B2.JPG

The Yellowbelly Citra Pale Ale is a quality beer. Hop House is an awful drink.

The former Martin Doyle's butchers is let according to a sign in the window. Please don't be another charity shop.

zerks wrote: »
    The former Martin Doyle's butchers is let according to a sign in the window. Please don't be another charity shop.

I heard that it was Sam McCauley....

• Advertisement

I heard that it was Sam McCauley....

For use as a store room? beauty salon? He hardly need more room?

For use as a store room? beauty salon? He hardly need more room?

A blocking manoeuvre - but that's just gossip.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Drilling rig at the railway bridge.

kneemos wrote: »
    Drilling rig at the railway bridge.

What are they drilling for - water?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

What are they drilling for - water?

It's for the flood relief scheme.

A lot of surveying going on the last few weeks on the bridge,might need fortifying or flood relief related or some such.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

The Patron is on this Sunday @3pm.

If you have plans to put flowers on graves, then you may want to leave it as late as possible to place the flowers - I've spoken with someone who has had flowers and plants stolen from the grave today. The flowers didn't last 4 hrs.

Apart from this being theft, disrespectful and downright disgraceful, it's very upsetting for the person who tends the grave.:(

I know this has happened before, but you always hope it was a one-off. Not so.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Don't go out in the car this evening as the town is in chaos with the roadworks. It took me 40 minutes to get from the rugby club to the moyne.

The road is closed from the little roundabout at the top of boreen hill back to pettits.

If your coming from the Dublin road to get to Moran Park/St Aidan's Villas your been sent down the Boreen Hill, along the Island Road, around the Bridges, up through the town, and turn at Belfield/Mace.

Just walking home from work, up through Weafer St, at the crossroads I saw a local solicitor walk from his office and Parnell St, cross the road and leave a vacuum cleaner outside the local authority bin, on the ground, for the council to collect tomorrow. I took a picture, will forward to council soon. Made my blood boil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

Just walking home from work, up through Weafer St, at the crossroads I saw a local solicitor walk from his office and Parnell St, cross the road and leave a vacuum cleaner outside the local authority bin, on the ground, for the council to collect tomorrow. I took a picture, will forward to council soon. Made my blood boil.

Thats mad - I thought all electrical stores had to take old devices now?

• Advertisement

ezra_ wrote: »
    Thats mad - I thought all electrical stores had to take old devices now?

They do, you don't even to pay your 2€ into the council recycling centre in Kilcannon for electrical stuff.

Surely a solicitor knows it's an offence to leave household waste in or beside a public bin.Report the fooker.

The tidy towns do a spectacular job on a Sunday morning.

Man with a furniture van needed for a run from 3 miles outside town to the town centre.

Any suggestions welcome and how much should it cost? Thanks. :)

Luxury hotel in a former mental hospital - I don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭black & white

blindsider wrote: »
    The Patron is on this Sunday @3pm.

If you have plans to put flowers on graves, then you may want to leave it as late as possible to place the flowers - I've spoken with someone who has had flowers and plants stolen from the grave today. The flowers didn't last 4 hrs.

Apart from this being theft, disrespectful and downright disgraceful, it's very upsetting for the person who tends the grave.:(

I know this has happened before, but you always hope it was a one-off. Not so.

Just a word of thanks to everyone involved in the Patron, the cemetery is looking very well indeed. I'm down for a flying visit every 4 weeks or so and it always looks in good condition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Just a word of thanks to everyone involved in the Patron, the cemetery is looking very well indeed. I'm down for a flying visit every 4 weeks or so and it always looks in good condition.

Oooh I say how nice of you to drop in on us yokels and judge our graveyard.

Touches cap and leaves.... To feed the horses....

Just saw in the Guardian link that it took Cllr John o Rourke 45 minutes to get from Bellfield to the Ross Road,any time I see him,he's walking. He must have crawled home:) Anyhow,both sides of the road were open at the weekend,works finished on Thursday,all I saw when passing were badly parked cars blocking the whole place up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭black & white

jca wrote: »
    Oooh I say how nice of you to drop in on us yokels and judge our graveyard.

Touches cap and leaves.... To feed the horses....

As someone who was born in the town and has a lot of relatives still there, many of them buried in St Marys, I'm not judging anyone. I was expressing appreciation for anyone who is involved in keeping the cemetery looking well. Thanks.

Advertisement