Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I just had a quick scan back through the thread,any complaints about aspects of the town by posters are justified,in the main the thread is actually pretty balanced with praise given where it's due.

I love the town as much as any other resident and hate to see the state of parts of it.I have been brought up to respect my surroundings and hate to see the towns image ruined by vandalism and graffiti especially in places that are in full view of people visiting or passing through.
    The posters here do care about the town and feel this thread is a platform to voice their opinions on the town but like anything,the negative ones stand out more.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

As i have said before US long time posters here know that repersentives from the council vist these forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Liberty%2BTree%2Bplaque.jpg

More cowardly negativity and a few random thoughts here: http://countywexford.blogspot.com/ brought on by my visit to Vinegar Hill on Easter Saturday. I hadn't been up there since 1967/68 but little had changed. What an asset it could be for the town - sensitively developed - and our defunct tourist industry could be revived. Will it happen - sadly I doubt it given the calibre of our councillors and TDs. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Wallop 64

Gee I guess I got a reaction to my post!! It's just nice to appreciate where you choose to live, ok it may not be the best town in the world but it must have something going for it or we wouldn't be here. Poor judgement day wants me to use my real name like her, I've heard of Doris day but I've never heard of judgement day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

tw0nk wrote: »
    no action taken by these moaners to make it better

Are you absolutely sure about that and if so can you prove it?

I've complained about many aspects of Enniscorthy on this thread and feel perfectly entitled to do so... but I also know that I am very active in my local community and spend a significant amount of my free time doing voluntary work to benefit the town.

My guess is that this is a totally unfounded sweeping statement... and probably a lot more annoying than people stating their grievances with real issues.

• Advertisement

Why don't you post under your own name then you daft twat?

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Took a walk down town this morning to check progress on Rafter Street and the state of the new paving is difficult to describe and too depressing to photograph. Dog ****, miscellaneous stains and a trail of oil greet you outside the defunct My Sport shop and the light colour of the paving looks to have been the disaster that I predicted but perhaps the Council intend to powerwash it daily?

Back at the Market Square, the 1798 monument is still covered in graffiti; tomorrow the Council hypocrites will hold a wreath laying ceremony there to commemorate 1916 and then go back to ignoring it again.

1798+003.JPG
    Gone today, what yis going to moan about now?:D

Ill get down there tonight and put it back;)

The writing is gone but did you not see the mark that was left behind.

scaller wrote: »
    The writing is gone but did you not see the mark that was left behind.
    ahh ffs, they clean the graf off and your still not happy!

Thats Brilliant,, lol!:)

TheChevron wrote: »
    ahh ffs, they clean the graf off and your still not happy!

Thats Brilliant,, lol!:)

Well why the **** did they not clean up the stains that they left behind.

There is a few of us here who actually give a **** about the state of the town the way its run and the click who think that they own this town. And then you have new posters coming along and attacking post's from a few of the regulars.

As I have said before US long time posters here know that representatives from the council visit these forums.

I am not the only poster to mention the poor effort of cleaning the monument http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=71873380&postcount=59

• Advertisement

scaller wrote: »
    Well why the **** did they not clean up the stains that they left behind.

There is a few of us here who actually give a **** about the state of the town the way its run and the click who think that they own this town. And then you have new posters coming along and attacking post's from a few of the regulars.

As I have said before US long time posters here know that representatives from the council visit these forums.

I am not the only poster to mention the poor effort of cleaning the monument http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=71873380&postcount=59
    Jesus man what a pathetic thing to say "US Long time posters". This is a public board and discussion is allowed and as for being attacked, :rolleyes:. Do you expect everyone here to agree with everything you say? Im sorry if your little back slapping session on negativity has been disturbed.

If I was from out of town and I came on to read this forum Id be well put off by the negative comments, and all for a bit of graffiti here and there, or a wore down seat. Show me one town in Ireland, no The World that does not have this. Imo, Enniscorthy is in a lot better nick that most towns in the County.

Also, you would want to lose the US and THEM attitude, its well out of date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

TheChevron - There are none so blind as those that will not see.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQc_vy3uB8U3-Rc2yz-DLVKVkcR-HFBVeejKYLsr3TjcBEkYsK-&t=1

@TheChevron -

It seems that most of your posts on this forum have been geared towards disagreeing with the opinions of others.

Whilst it is fine to disagree its the manner in which you do so that I find somewhat ignorant and rude at times.

Why not post some of your own thoughts and opinions, in a standalone manner, as opposed to your posts being continuously fuelled by the opinions of others?

What is the point of a forum if not to engage in discussion on people opinions.

People post their opinions, people discuss those opinions.

If I dont agree with some of the negative comments about my fair town, I will continue to voice my opposition.

Not all posts by "US long time posters" are needlessly negative, I might add. Sometimes things have to be pointed out and I can accept that, but I honestly think that some of it is unwarranted.

Simple things which should be positive are being dragged down by needless pessemistic posts. ie. The strawberry fair thread.

What is the point of a forum if not to engage in discussion on people opinions.

As per my previous statement:
    Whilst it is fine to disagree its the manner in which you do so that I find somewhat ignorant and rude at times.

I'm sorry if I hurt anyones feelings.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-O9BAU92pqcXnrS0NDuMK8smEDEosu_JooPsYywcY6lvgZ1j6

TheChevron wrote: »
    I'm sorry if I hurt anyones feelings.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-O9BAU92pqcXnrS0NDuMK8smEDEosu_JooPsYywcY6lvgZ1j6

Case in point.

Nobody will place any value on your opinions if this is the sort of idiotic post you choose to make.

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Case in point.

Nobody will place any value on your opinions if this is the sort of idiotic post you choose to make.

Please lighten up, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Hey I heard that an Airsoft shop has opened up across from the old toymaster? Anyone see it yet?

Jaafa wrote: »
    Hey I heard that an Airsoft shop has opened up across from the old toymaster? Anyone see it yet?

Keep meaning to call in and have a look,it's across the street from Astor Electrical.Is there many people in the area into airsoft? It looks like great fun.

• Advertisement

TheChevron. I like the other regular guys here have been posting and contributing to the Wexford boards day in day out for a few years now.
    We are aware that there is Council members lurking here. Some new posters would not be aware of that and that is what I was pointing out to these new posters so I don't know what your problem is regarding this. With regards to the Strawberry fest I along with a few others started the original debate last year there was no contribution from yourself then and you joined Boards.ie in Dec 2008 and you only started posting a month ago. I had a change of heart in the Strawberry fest thread which you sarcastically pointed out to me http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=71442278&postcount=51 and now you attack my post here regarding the half hearted attempt the council made of cleaning the monument. It seems you are the one with an Attitude with the Baby pictures,Rollyeyes and Smileyfaces. And I am not alone here in pointing that out to you.

Believe it or not I had been on another few forums before this as I found boards a bit sh1t tbh. I had a few post on a wedding forum and then someone pointed out the scorthy forum to me a few weeks ago and I got involved. Nice to meet you and I'm sure we shall have a few discussions in the future. The Baby was a joke...surely this forum is not against a bit of humour now and then.

As for council heads lurking the forum, I wouldnt know and dont care about it.

My only point from the start is that their seems to be a culture of negativity inbred into this forum (you in strawberry fest before you even gave it a chance, for example) and Im going to do my living best to get it out:D.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mod Note

Give it a rest kids. Play nicely.

Back on topic.

Some good news for the poor motorists on the West of the town,resurfacing is taking place along Bellfield at long last.:)

zerks wrote: »
    Back on topic.

Some good news for the poor motorists on the West of the town,resurfacing is taking place along Bellfield at long last.:)

Good news isn't allowed on this thread zerks :D:D:D

Just joking of course... always good to see a smooth road in Enniscorthy a few times in your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

Back on topic.

I don't even care, I've become so pro at dodging potholes it doesn't even affect me

I've become so pro at dodging potholes it doesn't even affect me

I've become good myself... but when you find yourself in the middle of the Outlart road, trying to not let half your car disappear into the ditch, with another car coming at you at 100km/h it can get scary.

• Advertisement

Back on topic.

[chokes on sandwich]

There are some fierce bad roads in the town alright. The worst one I've encountered is at Drumgoold at the top of the Esmond road. There is no conceivable way to avoid every hole there, you just have to drive into the shallowest ones you can find.

The road at the top of the hill at St Johns Hospital going down to the main road is brutal too, I think its called Munster Hill.

I'm going to stop now cause I could be here all day.

Advertisement