Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Guy Sajer

Navarre wrote: »
    For Food and drink what your really looking at is.

Riverside Park Hotel.................Phone: (053) 923 7800
    The Bailey........................Phone: (053) 923 0353
    Treacys Hotel.......Phone: (053) 923 7798

Much appreciated Navarre. We're staying in the Riverside but they don't reserve tables in the bar.

I'm thinking it will be quite full in places with the rugby. I'll give the others a call and see how it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Guy Sajer wrote: »
    Much appreciated Navarre. We're staying in the Riverside but they don't reserve tables in the bar.

I'm thinking it will be quite full in places with the rugby. I'll give the others a call and see how it is.

Riverside isn't really a "sports venue" so getting tables shouldn't be a problem.

Treacys will probably be busy in the bar as they tend to run promos for events such as the football.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

The new café adjoining the Antique Tavern turns out to be a movie set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Del.Monte wrote: »
    The new café adjoining the Antique Tavern turns out to be a movie set.

Please don't tell me it's a Maura Flannery/ Donal Cullen production...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Laural and Hardy yesterday,a lad in a Garda outfit last Sunday filming in the Antique. Dunno who's doing it,presumed it was a local crew,though they appeared fairly well equipped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

jca wrote: »
    Please don't tell me it's a Maura Flannery/ Donal Cullen production...

Donal Cullen not in jail yet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

Hi folks, does anyone know someone who deals with mold in houses? Its a newish house (12 years old) but I've heard of other houses in the estate having the same problem. It's well heated and just painted inside with mold proof paint but its still appearing.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

what sort of ventilation have you got in the rooms.

There is a vent in the room, the moss is very near to it

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rackard

trigger26 wrote: »
    Hi folks, does anyone know someone who deals with mold in houses? Its a newish house (12 years old) but I've heard of other houses in the estate having the same problem. It's well heated and just painted inside with mold proof paint but its still appearing.

Could be a leak somewhere. Happened me before with mould in spare room. Get a dehumidifier near it for a while and see if it takes much water. Mine was the electric shower unit next door leaking into the wall.

• Advertisement

There is a vent in the room, the moss is very near to it

Check that there isn't a backfall on the vent,if there is then rainwater from outside will find its way in. Celtic Tiger building standards at their finest.
    There's a problem with damp in a lot of houses in one estate in the town due to poor quality standards. Improper venting and other hidden sins.

cool I'll check that out with the backfall in the vent, I'd say we have the same estate in mind!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

I'd say we have the same estate in mind!

can someone kindly pm me with the name of the estate. :)

Navarre wrote: »
    can someone kindly pm me with the name of the estate. :)

It could be one of many, Shingan, Spencer's Court, Riverside apartments, Riverwood...

IMG_7360%2B-%2BCopy.JPG

I think they're about 3 decades too late.

Despite being three decades late (?) the Church Bazaar is buzzing this morning. I picked up this yummy coffee cake - the staple of Protestant fetes and sales. :D

IMG_7362.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Bargain for €4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

vicwatson wrote: »
    Bargain for €4

That tuppaware alone would be worth 2.50

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭sjb25

Despite being three decades late (?) the Church Bazaar is buzzing this morning. I picked up this yummy coffee cake - the staple of Protestant fetes and sales. :D

IMG_7362.JPG

Coffee cake....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

sjb25 wrote: »
    Coffee cake....

lol Jealous :p

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

ezra_ wrote: »
    That tuppaware alone would be worth 2.50

Ain’t no Tupperware, it looks like an old jellies carton from a shop:P

Just had the last slice for lunch. :D

Just had the last slice for lunch. :D

After your Cucumber sambo?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

With some soup.

:pac:

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    With some soup.

:pac:

Lentil I hope...

Wexford campus not going to newton road now, talks of it going to 100acre site in Enniscorthy now near st senans!

Wexford campus not going to newton road now, talks of it going to 100acre site in Enniscorthy now near st senans!

Absolutely brilliant news if it comes to fruition.The site in Wexford was far too small with no room for expansion.Enniscorthy is a more central location and has the room for it.The town needs something like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Vinnie's is to become a restaurant and take away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Ah trust John Browne to ruin the future plans for Wexford Campus IT Carlow he was warned about that last year to stop bringing up Enniscorthy and a campus in or near St Senans as an option as Wexford plans were nearing the finishing line.

Wexford Campus had a good spot in Wexford town be a shame if it doesn't happen now and even worse if its put up in Ennisscorthy

This isn't whats best for Wexford its about a councilor/TD trying to score points.

Advertisement